Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Aug 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Ang Magicbeanie
I want to go now!

Mobile Fastpasses - having a wobble!

It's five years since we've done both Disney and Universal and I thought I'd try to make the most of Fastpasses this time, especially as the parks seem to be getting busier. Previously when we've visited both sets of parks we haven't used Fastpasses at all and we've still managed to do everything we've wanted to multiple times, no problems.

So I've managed to book a few Fastpasses for the days we're planning to be in Disney parks, but I'm starting to think that we're going to spend half the time wandering around the parks to make it to our FPs and maybe miss out on things because of this. Does anyone else find th FPs to actually be quite stressful?!
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Last year was my first time using fast passes and I didn't find it stressful. I strolled around, saw shows, met characters, did some souvenir shopping, generally soaked up the atmosphere. It was a solo trip and turned out to be the best holiday I've ever had 😀
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Ang Magicbeanie
I want to go now!

Mobile

I think I'm probably just overthinking it! We know we'll have a fab time anyway, I just need to stop worrying 😂
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Remember that fastpasses are a one hour window. If you use your first one at the start of that window then you have almost 2 hours to get to the next one, and then enarly an hour to make it to the third. The parks are big, but not so big that this is a rush. And a little bit of planning - having two consecutive fastpasses that are close to each other (e.g Big Thunder and Splash Mountain) can help.

But fastpasses are meant to be a help. If they aren't helping, then you can simply cancel them. Often the biggest value - especially in the Magic Kingdom - is the ones you can get on the day. Look and see what is available right now that is close to you. If a ride you are going to join standby for has a fastpass available in 20 minutes time, you may as well get the fastpass and spend 20 minutes enjoying the atmosphere or grabbing a snack rather than standing in a queue.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

there are 2 ways to look at booking FPs - to try to get them as close in time and place as much as possible so you have the option to get more once all 3 have been used.

Or to book them for the rides you must do, this may mean that they are spread out in location and time but then you have plenty of time to wander around in between.

You could just book 1 FP for early morning and then see what else is available straight after you have started queing as it could be that the next one is more or less straight away.

Rope dropping to get on those very popular rides - slinky, FOP and mine train is another way to get them done.

There is a thread about how long to spend in a park each day that you might find useful
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post

No I don't think there is anything stressful about using FPs. It does make sense to look at the location of the attractions and book so that you can minimise criss-crossing the park though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Jelkat
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

If you find on day that you are being rushed or anything you can cancel or modify your fps. Definitely don't get stressed over it. If you don't book them you'll definitely be qing and if you do you won't q as long and if you cancel. Them you'll be qing again - so really no harm in making them and cancelling rather than not making them iykwim? A bit of a ramble 😂😂😂
Jelkat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree about booking fps for rides that are close together, particularly easy to do in MK as there are so many. I have Pirates of the Caribbean and Splash Mountain booked for 1 MK day. Then Peter Pan's Flight and Haunted Mansion booked for another MK day.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
Remember that fastpasses are a one hour window. If you use your first one at the start of that window then you have almost 2 hours to get to the next one, and then enarly an hour to make it to the third. The parks are big, but not so big that this is a rush. And a little bit of planning - having two consecutive fastpasses that are close to each other (e.g Big Thunder and Splash Mountain) can help.

But fastpasses are meant to be a help. If they aren't helping, then you can simply cancel them. Often the biggest value - especially in the Magic Kingdom - is the ones you can get on the day. Look and see what is available right now that is close to you. If a ride you are going to join standby for has a fastpass available in 20 minutes time, you may as well get the fastpass and spend 20 minutes enjoying the atmosphere or grabbing a snack rather than standing in a queue.
Alternatively, once you’ve scanned FP1, open MDE and bring FP2 forward rather then wait for the next slot (you’ll see tap and grab references for this process on here), you can use FPs relatively quickly then book extra ones one at a time.

We had 12 FPs before lunch in MK one year (summer months), some don’t realise you can bring them forward and wait it out, whereas you can maximise as needed, or continue to chill / explore the parks. Works for both options
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Alternatively, once you’ve scanned FP1, open MDE and bring FP2 forward rather then wait for the next slot (you’ll see tap and grab references for this process on here), you can use FPs relatively quickly then book extra ones one at a time.

We had 12 FPs before lunch in MK one year (summer months), some don’t realise you can bring them forward and wait it out, whereas you can maximise as needed, or continue to chill / explore the parks. Works for both options
Definitely the best strategy if you're keen to make the most of FP+. However it works best if you've pre-planned to a degree and so have rides that are placed close together. Otherwise "tap and grab" can create the very criss-crossing that the OP is trying to avoid
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List