Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Oct 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisalimetree
Excited about Disney

Apple Watch thoughts

I’m looking at an Apple Watch SE 44mm with Cellular and have a few questions

Are they worth it?
Do you need to charge each day?

Any other pros and cons

Thanks
Old 29 Oct 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yes they need to charge everyday. I have had one of the very first Apple watches but really the only function I ever use it for is seeing a text come through when in my uni lesson and the time. For me, if mine was to break I will replace with a regular watch. I sure some people use many of the functions though and would say they are worth it. A massive con for me also is, I volunteer at two zoos and cannot wear it due to the nature of job as it will just get broken so I actually have another watch for those days.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have a fit bit versa as I simply wanted messages and WhatsApp on wrist. I can’t respond on there but for me it’s enough and about half the price - also charge lasts about 4/5 days!. I need a new one soon and will get another fit bit. Hubby has Apple Watch. Hardly wears it!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
margshel4753
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I have the original Apple Watch. I did think once that if it broke I wouldn’t replace it but when it did I missed it. Luckily it was replaced free of charge as the round charger off the back came adrift. I mainly use it for catching messages and calls as they come in as when it’s in my handbag in shops I don’t hear it. Also have the temperature Activity and calendar on the display. I also get news notifications on it. Looking to upgrade when I replace my phone to a one with heart notifications on it.

Feb 2005 B/W Movieland(Monumental Movieland)
May 2006 Doubletree LBV(Orlando Vista] , Oct 2011 POR & Rosen Inn
May 2012 POR, April 2013 POR
, Oct 2014 POR, H/Inn C/Water, RPR, Rosen Inn, Yacht Club
margshel4753 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

I just got the Apple Watch se 40mm gps on Friday. I have had a Fitbit charge 2 for 2 years and it’s a big upgrade from that.I think if you have an iPhone they are much more compatible. I have not used it for exercise tracking yet but I am loving it so far.
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve had one a few years (it’s a series 3 I think). I find them really handy for reading messages and calls etc and recording my activities like running and exercise classes. I do think there are much cheaper alternatives now but I would still go for another Apple one. DH has the newest one every year and always wears his.
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

I use mine for the time, date, messages and calls. I’m a teacher and at work I have alarms set so I know when we are going outside (Covid timetable), I use it to time tests or to set time limits on activities. I check my heart rate, my steps and I have photos as my background. Some of these things have evolved over time, I’m trying to get used to using it to pay for things but I keep forgetting I can do that. Guess I love my watch.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I love mine , I had a series 2 then bought the 5 last year

Do you need the cellular option ? If you have your iPhone with you all time as most do then you don’t need it .

It does need to be charged daily , I do mine at night but the charge doesn’t take long

. Mines worn daily no matter what I’m doing and is no less sturdy than any other watch I’ve owned .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn’t bother with the cellular option unless you intend to use it for bike rides/running/any exercise where you’d want to leave your phone at home. If you have your phone with you all the time then you wouldn’t need the cellular option.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post

I had the first Iwatch and now the series 5 .
Mine actually fell apart in Disneyworld last summer as it got so hot the glue holding the face in ,melted !
Was already a couple of years old by then and didn’t think I’d replace it but I quickly realised how much I love it.
I charge it every night next to the bed .
Agree with others , wouldn’t bother with the cellular one as I always have my phone with me even for bike rides etc..as I have a fitness belt so put phone and keys in that.

Edited at 10:45 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List