Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Oct 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Yeah, we were due in Orlando this week and had one day of Food & Wine and one night at MNSSHP, which would also have been our first, pencilled in.

I'd largely forgotten all about it until Saturday morning when I got into the car and my iPhone automagically suggested directions to Heathrow whilst telling me traffic was light.

It's particularly tough given your special occasion, but you WILL get another chance and it may feel even sweeter given you've had to miss out on your initial plan.

I hope you're suitably spoiled tomorrow which help to cheer things up a bit.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

This year has been full of them for us...
In March we should have been in Barcelona
In May we should have been in Efteling
In September we should have been in Portugal
Last week we should have been in (rescheduled) Barcelona
In December we should be in CenterParcs Sherwood (just cancelled)

What an awful year. Hopefully 2021 will be better and we will get to experience some nice things as a family with our little boy and our new baby.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Life is a beach
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I told Mrs MH that when this is all over I'm taking her to Clacton for the weekend to a B&B, so at least she has a focus.
You really do spoil her MH, I don’t know how she copes with it all
Life is a beach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Life is a beach
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
This year has been full of them for us...
In March we should have been in Barcelona
In May we should have been in Efteling
In September we should have been in Portugal
Last week we should have been in (rescheduled) Barcelona
In December we should be in CenterParcs Sherwood (just cancelled)

What an awful year. Hopefully 2021 will be better and we will get to experience some nice things as a family with our little boy and our new baby.
We had tickets for our first Glastonbury, we have carried those over to next year - if that happens.

I hope you get some lovely family experiences for your family next year x
Life is a beach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Life is a beach View Post
We had tickets for our first Glastonbury, we have carried those over to next year - if that happens.

I hope you get some lovely family experiences for your family next year x
Thank you, you too x
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Life sucks and I hope you get to celebrate at some point, happy 50th birthday and I hope you get spoilt. I missed my sons wedding in Toronto incase there’s anybody oh here doesn’t know I put up pics bit one horrible dibber who claims to be my friend didn’t even look at them! My son and his wife missed their honeymoon to Hawaii and re scheduled for Dec for my sons 30th and still cant go. They missed out a trip to NY for my dil 30th, we missed at trip to Munich for dds 18th. There’s a second wedding with guests in May but that’s looking unlikely, life is a pile of 💩 and I’m now concentrating on Christmas!
Old 29 Oct 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Life is a beach
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Life sucks and I hope you get to celebrate at some point, happy 50th birthday and I hope you get spoilt. I missed my sons wedding in Toronto incase there’s anybody oh here doesn’t know I put up pics bit one horrible dibber who claims to be my friend didn’t even look at them! My son and his wife missed their honeymoon to Hawaii and re scheduled for Dec for my sons 30th and still cant go. They missed out a trip to NY for my dil 30th, we missed at trip to Munich for dds 18th. There’s a second wedding with guests in May but that’s looking unlikely, life is a pile of 💩 and I’m now concentrating on Christmas!
It really is a pile of 💩, hoping we all get something to look forwards to soon
Old 29 Oct 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So many should have been's. I really feel the after effects of the disease are far more reaching that the disease itself. I for one am struggling with my mental health with everything that is going on.

This year for us should have consisted of:
My 40th Birthday Camping Weekend with 30 family and friends in June
Flying to Orlando 2 days later
Krakow next week
Tenerife 1st January (fingers crossed with this one with the quarantine rules being lifted last week)

I also recently found out that my dad has end stage lung cancer, as he is currently in a care home, we are very restricted on what we can do for him. It has been an awful year, full of worry, tragedy and nothing to look forward to.
2littleboys is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Life is a beach
Trying for More Ears

As days go it’s been really good, not what we planned but I know we have a lot to be grateful for

Edited at 04:33 PM.
Old 30 Oct 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Ah all the feels. You’re absolutely allowed to be sad. I definitely will be in a few weeks where I was due to be there doing my first mvmcp 😭
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List