Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Oct 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
And breathe!

Just had a cold call regarding the expiry of the guarantee on our washing machine and would we like a new guarantee for three years. My hubby asked if the caller was from Miele and the answer was “yes”. First lie. The caller wanted to sell us basically a three year insurance policy at a cost of £77 per year. I got suspicious when he said he would email the paperwork to us but first we had to give him details of how we would be paying. Only then would he send us the email. I asked him when the guarantee ran out and he said it was today. Second lie. Then I asked him which company he was calling from - “It’s OK Ltd” was the answer. I ended the call as quickly and as politely as I could, which wasn’t easy as I was so cross.

After I put down the phone I googled the company looking for reviews. I am so glad we didn’t go ahead.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Its a scam! Wind them up and then hang up! I get loads of these! 😡
Old 29 Oct 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

My elderly dad gets lots of scam phone calls. Luckily he still quite with it and spots them straight away. He keeps them on the phone for ages and then says for them to wait while he gets a pen . Goes and makes a cuppa tea then see if they still there. Lol
He had one not long ago who he played along with about my dad's laptop had got a virus and he needed something to stop viruses getting through the broadband connection. This conversation went on and on. Eventually my dad let on that he didn't have a laptop or even any connected device. Not even got internet ,broadband or dial up. Never has.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

My parents get these calls every year, at the time their washing machine insurance was originally taken out. They know the calls are fake because they pay DD for the insurance and it auto-renews.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I detest scammers with a vengeance

I wont pay for extended warranties but what I do is put £25 a Month into a separate Bank Acc we have and keep an Excel sheet of what money is in there and what it's for namely one bit is 'white goods'

I did have over £900 in there but spent £700+ recently on a new fridge as the Grandson dented the last one.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Have had several of these calls recently all about my washing machine too.
Loads of scam calls, texts and emails on the go just now.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Yes we had one, £330 had been taken from your Visa account. Press 1 if you don't recognise this amount!
Yeah, right!