Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Mar 02, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Anita and Family's  Trip To Florida Day 1
The Flight
September 24th –4th October

Starring Anita Disney mad on my 1st trip, Ted Tigger mad on his 1st trip  & kids Todd on his 2nd Trip and Zak spotty dog mad on his 1st Trip.
Sister Carole and Ian soon to be a  in law  on there 4th Trip

The flight
We are finally off the flight is back on after September 11th But still no tickets These have to be picked up from the Airport, so until those tickets are in my hands and my bum is on that plane seat I still have doubts. With all thing that have crossed our paths since we booked this Holiday 12months ago still nothing seems real.
Our flight is 9.45am and had been advised with the heightened security to get there 6 hours before our flight.  So it was decided to leave 11.30pm the night before All the cases were packed in the van We say our final goodbyes over the internet, then all stand around the PC watching the desktop countdown timer 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 the desk top fills up with lots of pictures of shocked eyes and scary grins oopps this really helped calm me down. What happened to the balloons fluffy clouds and rainbows that had meant to appear?

We all pile into the van and head off to pick up Carole and Ian, then onto Gatwick. With all persons accounted for the journey begins. Zak falls straight to sleep with me driving, Carole and Ian in the front with me Ted in the back and Todd is sitting right behind my ear asking “Are we there yet? Are we there yet “ He’s really winding me up The roads are very quiet but very dark We did plan to stop at the Services at Oxford but since all my passengers had drifted off to sleep I head straight to the Airport parking at Gatwick
I wake everybody up we pile out the van and hand the keys over and climb aboard the coach that will take us to the Airport.

I am still totally stressed out, as we still don’t have those tickets. We climb off the coach and grab a trolley and go in search of the Thomson Desk Yahooooooooooo at last Tickets really tickets in my hand made from thin card with our names printed on them.  We are finally on our way Its only 3am there’s no delays so that means 3hr wait till we can check the bags in then another 3hrs for our flight.  What’s another 6 hours after waiting 2 years saving for this trip had our hotel changed 3 times flight cancelled and dates changed and even my mini engine blow up what’s time?

We all pile around the benches by the smoking area so Ted can smoke his last cigarette before his 9 hrs of torture. The grown ups get coffee as by now we all need caffeine The kids are running on Smartie’s I think their heads are in the clouds Excitement I hope. The coffees come to £6.48 shock that’s coffee for 4 people not 44. I will bring a flask next time

We climb in the lift with all our bags and find benches to rest and wait.  Everybody laughed at me when I told them I had a pillow in my case. Who was laughing last when I was stretched out on a bench with a so soft fluffy comfy pillow

6am and it was time to check the bags in we were all under weight and the only hand luggage we had was a small see through make up bag with our money and passports and tickets and the Boys had there Gameboys. I was a bit angry as Britannia had said no bags but people were still arriving with hand luggage and even boarded the plane with unchecked bags. I had brought the boys small gifts for them to open every hour on the plane to keep them amused but these had been packed into our cases

We our cases gone we went on to passport control guess who set the alarm off? Yes Ted We all told him about his metal cigarette box but did he listen so he was body searched for his crime of beening a smoker LOL.  Breakfast next at MacDonald’s then another wait for our gate number at last we were on our way with our boarding tickets in our hands we all sat around looking at all the people who would be on our flight. All those noisy kids doing 60mph round the waiting room keeping my fingers crossed we get the lovely old couple snoozing peacefully.
Guess again we are the last to board; we are by the doors and the loos. Great for quick exit LOL or the loo but yes you guess correct I have the kids from #### sitting behind me I sit with my well behaved quiet as mice children. This 9hr flight was like beening in the seats of Back to the Future and Hanna Barbara ride. My seat never stopped still the whole 9hrs I was continually kicked, rocked, pushed, my hair pulled, my cleavage peered down. Loads of times I shouted even asked their Grandparents Well think they were there Grandparents to keep them quite to no avail. Todd even followed them to the loo hoping to flush them down.  At last the flight and nightmare over we land at Orlando with our green forms completed and the nice mans questions answered.
We head off to collect our cases

Sister and her Fella collect there’s straight away then out of the corner of my eye I see not our cases but the children from the flight complete with horns and forked tails. There Grandparents collect their cases then the devil boys leap on to the turntable. Alarm bells ring lights flash and the belt comes to a sudden stop They jump off and disappear with there Grandparents 45Minutes later the belt start to move again I’m sorry but if those children turn up at our hotel I will not be responsible for my actions Luckily that was the last I ever saw of them maybe they found a nice friendly croc to play with LOL We push open the Airport door and feel and smell the air we are here at last We caught the shuttle to the Rodeway We throw our cases in the rooms  and all head for the pool to unwind relaxed and refreshed we head back to our rooms armed with chips and goodies from the mini mart and crash on the bed watching TV, before falling asleep  Ready for our 1st park  Animal Kingdom
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 02, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Brilliant Anita . especially like the image of the kids with horns and forked tails! .
Old 4 Mar 02, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Great report.  I had the children from **** behind me on a flight to WDW. I turned round and asked them to stop throwing the younger brother off my seat. Unfortunately I had headphones on at the time and the whole plane heard me .  Still, they didnt annoy me again!!
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 02, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for sharing Anita..off now to read Day 1...I am smiling in anticipation!
Deb
Old 5 Mar 02, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great descriptions of the kids from #### Anita - we have all been there!!

Why do they ask you to be there 6 hours before when check-in doesn't even open till 3 hours before?  Seems absurd to me!
Old 5 Mar 02, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Sue we flew just days after September 11th .
Old 12 May 02, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Great report Anita .

LOL at Todd wanting to flush the kids from #### down the loo
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List