Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Mar 02, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Anita and Family’s 1st Trip to Florida

Starring Anita Ted Todd and Zak
sister Carole and Ian brother in law to be

DAY 2 Animal Kingdom

We all wake really early refreshed and ready to go we meet up with my sister and Ian in the lobby and head off for our first breakfast at Ponderosa. This is right opposite our hotel Don’t the Yanks have a lot to eat for one meal and what a strange combination Gravy with breakfast But it was so yummy all those little sausages and scrambled eggs and that magical coffee cup that was always full. With our bellies full we order a taxi to take us to our first park

We had only hired a car for 1 of our 2 weeks stay this was all my sisters planning as we had never been before so just went along with all her plans using taxis every day of our first week dug a hole into our money next time a car for 2 weeks is a must All seated in the taxi we head off
Just love the Welcome to Disney sign across the road We arrive at Animal Kingdom what a impressive looking park and the weather to match We walk over the bridge and get our first sight of the Tree of life This is so spectacular with all its details especially as you go round the tree viewing all the animals as we enter our first show It’s Touch To Be A Bug. We all sat there with our bug glasses on laughing and screaming all the way through We decide to split up Carole and Ian go off to explore themselves Back out side in the fresh air we bump into Tigger of cause Ted’s favourite character with all photos took and hands shook no autograph we forgot Zak book and pen but we do bump into him again

Next stop Dinosaur Zak as a wee bit scared on this ride Todd had done this ride on his last trip when it was called countdown to excitation. The boys visited the bone yard and we regrouped with Carole and Ian us grow up rested our feet We watched Tarzan Rocks then onto Kilimanjaro Last time I was this close to animals was at the West Midlands Safari Park when a gang of monkeys pulled the seal from around the window of our old cortina and tried to pull the wind screen out.
Great way to see the animals My favourite at this park had got to be Kali river rapids shame the ride was so short we had to go on 3 times to make sure every bit of us was wet We soon dried out in the heat After a bit to eat we explored the rest of the park

We had a great day at our first theme park not once did we have to queue for any of the rides we just walked straight on. Tied and hungry we all return to the hotel by Taxi again and straight back out to eat at Ponderosa’s sirlon tips and fries this is after all the buffet food  
The rest of the evening the children played in the pool while I soaked my feet in matching left and right waste paper bins  This was heaven after walking on them all day
Fall asleep dreaming of our great day and looking forward to the next Epcot
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 02, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Anita,

Yeah, I agree you definately need a car.

It brings it all back when you read someone elese report...that big sweeping curve in the road round to AK.

On to Day 3.

Deb
Old 9 Mar 02, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
LOL at the thought of those matching waste paper bins with your feet stuck in them Anita! . I seem to remember another Dis-er doing that in a TR!
Old 9 Mar 02, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You must have spent a fortune on Taxis Anita !!  Poor you!!

Hope your feet got used to the walking or I have a feeling those waste paper bins were well used    .
Old 9 Mar 02, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post

We were spending $35 per day  As we had never been before we went along with my sisters plan
We will know better next time   .
Old 12 May 02, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

We were the same with the Kali River Rapids.

Sounds like a great day .
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List