Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Mar 02, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post

DAY8 The hire car day!

Starring Anita Ted Todd and Zak
Sister Carole and Ian Brother In Law to be

We are all excited to day as we are picking the Hire car up. Still don’t know why my Sister hadn’t arranged one for our two weeks? We can collect it at 10am from The Wyndam as most of you know that’s only down the road from the Rodeway on I’ Drive.

It’s all agreed that Ted and Ian will walk down to collect the car and the rest of us will finish getting ready The MEN set off at 9.45am shouting “  see you in a minute “ as they walk off down the corridor 20 minutes later they still aren’t back So we decide to all sit in the window of our hotel and play a game on how many car’s pull into the car park before Ted and Ian 1 hour later and 100’s of cars later still no sign?

By this time the kids are fed up so go off to the games room leaving my Sister and I to start worrying All kind of thoughts are going through our heads. First we look at the facts 10 mins walk 15/30mins paper work 2 mins drive back this still didn’t add up to 1 whole hour that they had been missing? Police cars passed Fire trucks but still no sign After 3 hours we can’t stand the fear any longer and decide to set off to see what’s happened  

As we set off down to the lifts the doors open and out spills Ted and Ian laughing and without a care in the world After lots of shouting off the us Ladies The story unfolds First after arriving at the Wydam the car was faulty so a replacement was sent over from a different Hotel. This one was way to small for our party of 6. So someone drove then to Orlando Airport so they could pick another one up save wasting another day. With paper work completed they where pointed in the direction of the car Finally with them both seated in the green 7 seater people carrier they set off
They do ask a guy on the gate for directions back to I’ Drive and set off

Well what do they say about women and directions? They take a wrong turn and head off into the sunset; they hit a toll and have no money on them. They take a turn then forget which side of the road they are meant to be on and head the wrong way up a road. with the help of a friendly trucker they turn round and head the right way Ian says he’d rather walk next time LOL.

After some lunch we all pile into the people carrier and strap our selves in and wait for the ride
And what a ride we all finally arrive at the shopping Mall after a lot of shouting “Get over, slow down, and no no wrong way” This was the scariest ride of our holiday so far. We all raced round the Mall preferring to return before it got dark What a day Ted’s driving did improve day by day so by the time we had to go home he’d got it down to a fine art even the bit with his arm hanging out the window as he drove.

With stress levels on red we chill out in our room and fall asleep thinking if we will get lost tomorrow on the way to Gatorland
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 02, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
LOL anita!

Men and cars,  eh!  My husband is forever driving on the wrong side of the road,  and we have to debate which lane he should be in at each junction (I should stress this is only in Florida or Europe,  he's ok in the UK&#33.

Bev
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 02, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
i get promoted to chief map reader and then get shouted at loudly when i get it wrong and we also have to stop and think about which lane we should be in when turning at one of those huge junctions and yep we have gone the wrong way up the road before now, thank god for those little slipways they have. also we find the signposts across the junctions can be a bit confusing as to which road you are actually on... .
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 02, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Men! Bet you were really worried Anita! SOunds like a scary ride though!
Old 9 Mar 02, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have to say that, no matter whether DH or me is driving, we always manage to get lost coming out of the airport.  I know exactly how Ted and Ian felt.
Old 12 May 02, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

The car ride sounds scary . that was the reason we decided we didn't want a car.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List