Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 31 Jul 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Oh loving this, can't wait for some more.
Old 31 Jul 17, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ha, we have often have to stop ourselves ordering burgers at every meal. Except when we have steak or pancakes of course. Looking forward to reading along!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm signing up for this!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 03:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Day Seven

Day 7. Sunday 30 July.

No burgers today. We did enjoy brunch at California Grill. I choose the hangar steak and it was most pleasant. I am sure they would do a great burger.

The obligatory view from CG shot. Complete with rain. The only downside to the whole experience.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Day Eight

Day 8. Monday 31st July.
Burger number 9.

Liberty Inn, Epcot. Having had a bit of a wet day yesterday we headed to Epcot today hoping to avoid a soaking. We had no TS meals booked and had quite a lot of snack credits that we had not used so far (6 out of 126!) so we planned on making a dent in those. We had no plans for lunch but finding ourselves hungry up at world showcase needed to find something our youngest might eat something of. Wanting to give the surf and turf a try I cheated slightly and went half and half with my other half. For the record the steak wasn't bad considering.

All American Burger. $14.49 (included on QS)
Effectively a cheese and bacon burger. It did come with a couple of pickle spears but other than that it is hard to tell much of a difference to the standard Disney burger. The bun was somewhat greasy -perhaps caused by the lettuce sitting on top? - and the service was slow as they somehow missed our order. Again there was a plentiful supply of fries. The large Diet Coke to go with it was huge. With current exchange rate including the drink you would be looking at about £14 in total so gives an idea of the value available for a QS credit. Not much less than for a TS although they do include deserts. (Love that deserts are no longer included on QS - we often left them before.)

Rating 6/10

Edited at 11:00 AM.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Looking forward to reading along
Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
This is fun! Didnt realise there was a mcdonalds walking distance from dublin airport premier inn, handy for us in may 😀
Out the front door and across the road there is a large retail park. There's a smyths toys and Starbucks and the rest is more household goods. The McDonald's is about 400 yards or so down the road but it is a little tricky to get to as you have to go through the retail park car park and double back on yourself unless you want to explore the undergrowth. Not the most pedestrian friendly of areas. Would say about 5 minutes maximum door to door.

Originally Posted by Alice2111 View Post
Club world & burgers ... Living the dream 😉...
First class... please! I have standards to aspire to! 😀

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Love the title and burgers so far. My DH would have a burger most meals.
I'm hoping to get to Teak based on your trip reports. You have to go with what appeals most on the menu! 😀

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Following along... my son would love this challenge! Looking forward to finding out the best rating of burger🍔🍔
Ratings are proving tricky. Go to high at the start and where do you go? Gonin too low and what if you get one that is all so wrong? I can see lots of 5/6 scores.

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
Lol. I thought the same.
Looking forward to reading.
Thanks. Hope you enjoy.
Old 1 Aug 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Oh loving this, can't wait for some more.
Your wish has been granted/

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
Ha, we have often have to stop ourselves ordering burgers at every meal. Except when we have steak or pancakes of course. Looking forward to reading along!
I have found the same in the past but this time I have an excuse not to!

Originally Posted by FairyNuff View Post
I'm signing up for this!
The thread or the challenge? 😜
Old 1 Aug 17, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

What a great idea! looking forward to seeing all your burger choices. My DH had a huge burger at TREX on our last trip. still talks about it now, says it was the best burger he's ever had! Wow so many snack credits to get through, epcot is great for this, you can snack around the world quite easily!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Shame about the rain at the brunch, at least food is good. Yes do go to Teak you will love it as you like a burger or two
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
What a great idea! looking forward to seeing all your burger choices. My DH had a huge burger at TREX on our last trip. still talks about it now, says it was the best burger he's ever had! Wow so many snack credits to get through, epcot is great for this, you can snack around the world quite easily!
We did manage to use some but need more of a plan as most of the things we saw were sweet. Would like something more savoury. The burger at TREX sounds similar to the one at Rainforest Cafe.

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Shame about the rain at the brunch, at least food is good. Yes do go to Teak you will love it as you like a burger or two
Loved the food and knew we had to do it after seeing your report. You are also responsible for our planned trip to Teak! 😀 Pity we leavecas you arrive as may have bumped into you there.