Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 Sep 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Day 4 - Magic Kingdom and Olive Garden

So here we go.. day 4. Lots of food today! (as always!)

We decided to grab some breakfast in Magic Kingdom today. We headed straight for Gastons, as we just love the offerings there. We knew we would be eating quite a bit today so decided to share.

We went for
1 x Le Fous Brew
1 x Cinnamon Roll

Both were wonderful, we really love these. We picked up a tip from the Disney Food Blog to ask for extra icing on the roll. This made it even better

For lunch our plan was to head to the Poly and grab some Ohana bread pudding from Tambu Lounge. We had heard great things about this pudding but had no plans for Ohana so we were delighted when we found out you could buy them at Tambu. However, with all our planning we didn't see that these were only served from 4pm, it was 2pm when we arrived and we decided we didn't want to wait that long and we would try again another day

However, as we were there we grabbed a couple of non-alcoholic cocktails:

Coconut Elixir
ZicoŽ Coconut Water with Pineapple and Cranberry Juice

Wild Strawberry Lemonade
OdwallaŽ Lemonade and Wild Strawberry topped with Lemon-Lime Foam

Both were very nice, especially the coconut

We headed back into MK and decided to grab a couple of items that were on our to do list.

Cam really wanted to try the Donut Sundae from the ice cream parlor and I really wanted to try some chicken nuggets, so that is what we did - we shared them both but each of us had more of our preferred option

This was lovely, you can't see in the picture but it also comes with some warm apples at the bottom which we didn't realise before we got it, but it was a welcome addition

As a big nuggets fan, I can confirm these were lovely, and I would happily eat again These ones were from Cosmic Reys.

Dinner tonight was my offsite favourite - Olive Garden. Oh how I wish we had this in England!

We both started with the Gnocchi soup and breadsticks. These are just wonderful and we had to stop ourselves asking for more as we have made that 'mistake' before and we didn't want to not each much of our mains!

Oh how I love those breadsticks

For mains I went for the Chicken Alfredo and Cam went for the Tour of Italy. This consisted of 3 smaller versions of popular dishes. These were: Chicken Parmigiana, Lasagna Classico and Fettuccine Alfred. As always these meals were fantastic, just so tasty, it never disappoints!

We had no room for pudding (we also had our eyes on something else a bit later in the evening!)

We headed back to Magic Kingdom and as we hadn't eaten enough that day we decided to get a Dole Whip Float, mostly because Cam was wearing his Dole Whip t-shirt but also because we can't really go to MK without having one!

As always - perfect!

A great day, with lots of food!

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Raestars
Proud to wear my Ears

Loving this update. Definitely a good choice with Gaston's for breakfast!
Raestars is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Oh what a perfect day. Starting with a cinnamon bun from gastons and ending with a dole whip. Perfection!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

I just love a food report! Some great pictures.
We love Boma too
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

That food at olive garden looks so yummy
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Ooh that gnocchi soup looks amazing!

I really want to get a cinnamon roll from Gaston's but my husband hates cinnamon and I'm not sure I could manage a whole one
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
clarithy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Loving your report so far, especially the donut sundae.

My friends raved and raved about Olive Garden and we tried it the day before her wedding in Vegas and I wasn't sold unfortunately but I seem to be in the minority.
clarithy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My word, that sundae is going on my list! Looks so yummy
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you for the comments everyone. I should get the next day up tomorrow

Next time we go I am very tempted to get a whole cinnamon roll each. Don't get me wrong plenty to share but it's so nice I would happily eat it all haha!

Honestly I can't say enough good things about Boma.. they do everything to such a high quality.

I wasn't sold on the sundae before we got it and was more than happy for Cam to eat it all.. however once I had a bit o kept going back for more. So good!

I know a few people who don't like Olive Garden but for us we've never had a bad meal there. We are usually pizza people at Italians so it's nice to have the pasta there!

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Mobile Day 5 - Kekes breakfast and Star wars desert party

We decided to make our 1st ever trip to Kekes after reading so much about it on here

Super excited we ordered the following:

Me - A combo - Waffle (with syrup ) and half ham steak with home fries.

The waffle was nice (standard waffle tbh) but the ham and home fries were a delight! For me this was the no1 draw to this restaurant. Many come for the pancakes but I can take or leave them! Super happy with my choice

Cam - Banana nut caramel

He really enjoyed this! It wasn't until after he ordered that I asked why he didn't go for the pancakes as they get great reviews! He's forgotten that's the reason he wanted to come 😂 never mind he really loved the French toast and we would be back later in the holiday to try the pancakes!

Kekes is now on the list to return to in future visits 😋 so good!

The original plan was to have a dinner at lunch time and then return to the park by bus (We always drive ) for the desert party but we were just too full to fit in a proper restaurant so decided to just grab a snack then head back to CBR to chill for a bit and return later!

The snack of choice was a maple bacon whoopie pie - this was Cams choice as he likes that weird amerixan thing witj bacon on sweet things 😉 I had a bit of the cake bit but no bacon.

He really enjoyed it.. I think there are much better things to use my calories on!

Onto the desert party...

We arrived nice and early to check in (too early, once we picked up our lanyards we waited about 10-15 minutes until they opened up the party bit)

This takes place over at the launch bay so we had a little look around (again). The party takes place near some of the meet and greets and many people took the opportunity to go and meet some of the characters throughout the party.

I thought the set up was very sweet. Plenty of tables (although nowhere to sit ) and you could spread out all around the area.

Onto the food! Lots of it.. savoury and sweet. Lots of cupcakes, biscuits, cakes etc. A lovely bread pudding and also freeze dries nutella which was also very nice. I also had a slight obsession with the hummus and bread part.. yum!

We tried all the food and think it was all really yummy ! And enough variety to suit everybody. They also have some cocktails avaliable which I thought was a great addition as not all desert parties do. We tried them all - I love cocktails and a few were quite strong but I just added more juice. You could get as much as you wanted which was great. The queue was a bit long at the start but died down towards the end!

Pictures..

About 20 mins before the fireworks started we were lead by stormtroopers over to the viewing area. This was pretty cool to be honest and I didn't realise this would happen. We enjoyed the view and the fireworks.

All in all we loved the party. Good food good cocktails good atmosphere and we even grabbed a lot to take home to the hotel(we were encouraged as there were so many cakes!) We enjoy doing new things on our holidays and were really pleased with this

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23