Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Sep 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh I love that Strawberry Shortcake and haven’t managed it this trip!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
If I can save you a snack credit, don't waste one on the caramel brownie in Germany! It was the driest, crappiest chocolate cake I have ever tasted, not a brownie at all. So disappointing! x
That is so sad! I've only recently discovered I liked brownies and was so looking forward to that one.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Yay

So glad you got your flights sorted.

I never believed for a minute you'd stick to minimal dining...

Your adrs look great and I get the whole theme comment now and how Yachtsman didn't fit.

Lots of great snacks, Reds revenge was so good, school bread though was the one thing I'd been looking forward to that I really did not like at all.

So a possible offsite meal - where are you fancying?
I tried School Bread on our first trip with DDP and I didn't like it, but I'd left most of the cream to melt so I am going to give it another go but I'm not hopeful!

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Looking forward to this.

The Diamond Horseshoe is a blast from the past?! We went there on honeymoon many many years ago and really enjoyed it. Thought it had shut and then read some recent reviews!

Pleased you got your flights sorted.

M x
We ate their in 2017 and it was SO bad. I did notice that they had tweaked the menu recently but I'm not sure we'll be back in a hurry

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Ahhhhh now this is what I am talking about- will be heavily investing in this one! You are doing what we are considering, mod with deluxe dining! We are torn between POFQ or the tower at CSR (but may consider SSR or OKW if there isn't much of a price difference!) Brett thinks it is too much food, I am looking at it from the point of view of how many cocktails can I get out of the dining plan hahaha realistically for it to work we would have to do a TS breakfast or lunch and a Sig dinner as I know we would struggle with 3 meals (and snacks- cocktails should be snack credits )

Love your choice of ADRs, got some fab spots on there- can't wait to read your report and I hope you aren't out of pocket with the Thomas Cook fiasco
The tower at CSR looks AMAZING, if you can get that for a decent price I'd snap it up. You'd feel like you were at a Deluxe and lots of dining options for you onsite. Although POFQ has the bonus of boat to Disney Springs.

I don't drink but I'm curious about some cocktails that I like the sound of it. I'm going to re-read your report before we leave to take note of the drinks you enjoyed as it's the taste I don't like and I remember you saying you liked drinks where you couldn't taste the alcohol.

P.S. I really don't think it's too much food, especially if breakfast and Signature is the route you want to go down.

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Oh I love that Strawberry Shortcake and haven’t managed it this trip!
I have never tried despite eyeing it up for 7 years! We've never eaten at Sunshine Seasons and it definitely falls into the category of 'Unfinished Business' but we couldn't squeeze it in. I'm hoping to go and grab some the shortcake after breakfast at Garden Grill.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I tried the school bread for the first time. The custard was really nice but the bread itself just ok.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

SINGLE DIGIT DANCING TODAY

Today is my last day off before our trip. I finish work at 5pm next Friday in Arbroath and somehow have to be on the plane in Glasgow at 9.45pm. Wish me luck!

Hollywood Studios Snacks

HS seems to be a bit lacking in the snack department, if you have any suggestions let me have them

Apple Crisp a la Mode Hollywood Scoops

Carrot Cake Cookie Trolley Car Cafe

Frozen Flame Joffery's Coffee & Tea Co.

Mickey Pretzel with Cheese Anaheim Produce

Nachos with Cheese KRNR The Rock Station

Num Num Cookie Neighbourhood Bakery
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

I am so excited to try the num num cookies... they look amazing! The ice cream cookie sandwich is also good from Hollywood scoops, just in case you need even more ice cream!
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Really fancy the carrot cake cookie also fancy trying a napoleon, fruit waffle and a fruit custard tart! 😋

Can’t believe it’s single dight dance, we aren’t far behind you. 3 weeks today we will be at the premier inn! 🤣

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can’t wait to follow, glad you decided to do a ptr. I’m loving the snack list already 😁
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
I am so excited to try the num num cookies... they look amazing! The ice cream cookie sandwich is also good from Hollywood scoops, just in case you need even more ice cream!
This goes against everything that the Dibb stands for But I don't like ice cream cookie sandwiches, I like my cookies crunchy not soft. I'm not sure I'll like the Num Num but I want to try it anyway as it looks so good!

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Really fancy the carrot cake cookie also fancy trying a napoleon, fruit waffle and a fruit custard tart! 😋

Can’t believe it’s single dight dance, we aren’t far behind you. 3 weeks today we will be at the premier inn! 🤣

Kat
We are doing the Premier Inn the night before we fly too but we won't be arriving until about midnight so no nice relaxing dinner to kick off the trip.

I really liked the Napoleon last year so I probably should have added that! The fruit waffle I definitely want to try too, I just wish it was a snack credit.

Originally Posted by THECRAZYMOUSE View Post
Can’t wait to follow, glad you decided to do a ptr. I’m loving the snack list already 😁
Yay you found me! I'm not sure if I'll be able to post live as I am an old granny when it comes to typing on my phone, but I'll definitely check in.
Old 26 Sep 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Yay

So glad you got your flights sorted.

I never believed for a minute you'd stick to minimal dining...

Your adrs look great and I get the whole theme comment now and how Yachtsman didn't fit.

Lots of great snacks, Reds revenge was so good, school bread though was the one thing I'd been looking forward to that I really did not like at all.

So a possible offsite meal - where are you fancying?
I forgot to say, I really, really, really want to try Longhorns, but as we are being chauffeured I'm not entirely sure I'll get a say I may drop hints.
Old 26 Sep 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh no I thought the Fruit waffle from sleepy hollow in MK was a snack credit? Hmm might rethink that one if it’s not. Oh I forgot I definitely need to try a jalapeño pretzel 🥨 too.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List