Old 28 Apr 09, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
These are looking so good. I love CHH but keep hush hush about it. Its our little secret.
Coronado Springs Resort October 2011 - QSDP Dining Report
Art of Animation October 2013
Lil_Missy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 09, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
MMMMMM more please!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 09, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybee1985
Apprentice Imagineer

YAY! I thought I'd seen the end of your food reports until your next trip! Hooray for old pictures! Eagerly awaiting the next installment.
honeybee1985 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 09, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
Stop it! You are making my mouth water!

Had a chuckle at the 'sausage ' picture though!
My DH mentioned it looked really rude, I was so innocent I didn't even notice.

Originally Posted by Lil_Missy View Post
These are looking so good. I love CHH but keep hush hush about it. Its our little secret.
Thank you. CHH is great isn't it, but I promise I won't advertise it any more!

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
MMMMMM more please!
Thanks.

Originally Posted by honeybee1985 View Post
YAY! I thought I'd seen the end of your food reports until your next trip! Hooray for old pictures! Eagerly awaiting the next installment.
Thanks. I'll try and get the next update done tomorrow. I've been really busy trying to re-organise our holiday as we were supposed to be going to Mexico next week Finally got re-booked for the 25th so fingers crossed everything will have calmed down and I'll get my two weeks in the sun.
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 09, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DicksonGR
Excited about Disney

DicksonGR's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I hadn't been on in a while so I just finished off reading your last food reports in the other thread and was so glad to find this one! I could never remember the details you are remembering from 2007! Can't wait for more!

Offsite Hotel - 00' Offsite Villa - 01' 03'
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 04' 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 11' 13' 14'
Pop Century - Sept 16', 18', 19', 22’, 23' and next up 24’ (in the planning)
DicksonGR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 09, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybee1985
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by disjunkie View Post
Thanks. I'll try and get the next update done tomorrow. I've been really busy trying to re-organise our holiday as we were supposed to be going to Mexico next week Finally got re-booked for the 25th so fingers crossed everything will have calmed down and I'll get my two weeks in the sun.
Oh no! I hope everything has cooled off a bit by then. xx
honeybee1985 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 09, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DicksonGR View Post
I hadn't been on in a while so I just finished off reading your last food reports in the other thread and was so glad to find this one! I could never remember the details you are remembering from 2007! Can't wait for more!
Thank you. I did take a few notes about each meal that I've been able to dig out, otherwise I'd be struggling to remember too!

Originally Posted by honeybee1985 View Post
Oh no! I hope everything has cooled off a bit by then. xx
Hope so. I really want to go, so now just crossing my fingers and hoping we're allowed to travel.
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 09, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Boma

We had a 9pm reservation here, and it was still really busy at that time. We were seated about 20 minutes late, but the food was still fresh and empty dishes were being replaced.

We each tried a wine flight, I had red and DH had white. I thought these were really good and good value for money at only $12.

I tried fufu which was fab and very sweet, pasta salad, bobotie which I love, salmon which was ok and some lentil salad.

DH had some similar food, he also tried the falafel which he loves.

For dessert I had two zebra domes (yum), some chocolate mousse which was rich and creamy and a mini fruit tart thing.

DH had dessert too, but I can't remember what he tried.

As always we enjoyed our meal here, but it was just a bit of a late dining time for me.
Old 2 May 09, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

California Grill

We arrived early for our reservation and were able to grab a seat at the bar. We were called at 7:30 at taken to a window seat, with a fab view of the castle.

Appetisers
Rainbow Roll - I'm a big sushi fan and this was fantastic. The tuna and salmon was fresh and tasty, but it was really big for an appetiser.

Cheese flatbread - DH really enjoyed this and said the cheeses went well with the pesto sauce.

Entrees
Pork Tenderloin with goats cheese polenta - this was fantastic, I can see why it's there signature dish. The pork was well cooked, but the polenta was my favourite part, it was just so creamy and had a really good goats cheese flavour.

Gnocchi - Well cooked, worked well with the balsamic vinegar and tomato flavours.

Desserts
Chocolate coffee cake - the cake was moist and chocolatey and the ice cream tasted very strongly of coffee. DH really liked this.

Bananas Butterscotch Buzz- fantastic dessert and I'm very sad they've taken it off the menu. The soft caramalised bananas paired well with butterscotch ice cream and flaky pastry. One of my favourite desserts of the trip.

Overall we had a great meal, service was good and I really enjoyed watching wishes from our table.
Old 2 May 09, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
Stop it! You are making my mouth water!

Had a chuckle at the 'sausage ' picture though!
So did we!
lottiesmum0 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List