Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
We really enjoyed our dinner at PF. I thought the choice was ok,not amazing but good enough. I also think its good that the servers check that you have seen all the characters.
To the pp's that are worried, don't let it put you off. We really didn't like Tusker house breakfast but 99% of people on here rave about it, so it does go to show everyone is different.

Sorry you didn't have a good time OP, but its good that they refunded your credits.

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 13, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We had no problems and enjoyed the food and characters. Lady Tremaine scared DD2 but she was fantastic and made a point of saying she was on her way as to warn my daughter.

Edited at 09:22 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 13, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We absolutely loved it there when we went. Great character interaction and I loved the idea of the who choose your own pasta station where a chef is there to cook it for you, and what can I say about the strawberry soup, to die for. It was our best character meal of the holiday. It just goes to show how things differ on different days and how different people like different things. I just wanted to give my positive views for those thinking of cancelling as like previous posts have stated it might be worth giving it a go ...
Old 27 Feb 13, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
PENELOPE
Imagineer

We booked this restaurant because of the characters and they didn't disappoint. The food was nice as well, we had a veggi and a fussy eater in our party and we all managed to find plenty of choice. Dd wants to go again next time just for the strawberry soup.
PENELOPE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 13, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by FGEvans View Post
Me and my family have just retuned after 14 days DDP at disney and apart from getting a bug which meant i could not eat for 3 days the only meal which was disappointing was the evening character meal we had at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian.

I have to say that it was appalling. The buffet itself had a very limited choice of food - not only that but the food itself was very bland. I read some reviews on trip advisor and they complained that the food was bad but i thought that they were overreacting. The reviews are correct. It was like a school canteen in there. I also thought the character interaction was rubbish (not that we went there for the characters) but it was so forced. We had a lady come over just to check that each character had come to the table which if i was with young kids would have certainly spoiled the magic. The food is obviously not fresh as when we arrived i went to get some sushi only to be told they had run out and were unable to make any as its sent there from Epcott.

I never complain at restaurants but on this occasion i had to and was refunded the 2TS credits that each of our party used.

I would never eat there again

I assumed it was 2TS as when I made the reservation at Old Key West the day before valentines day I asked for a 2TS meal for me and the family for valentines night and this came up as a reservation.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 13, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by FGEvans View Post
I assumed it was 2TS as when I made the reservation at Old Key West the day before valentines day I asked for a 2TS meal for me and the family for valentines night and this came up as a reservation.
I have checked with Disney and it is only 1TS.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 13, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

I'm just about to can this ressie. It was always the one we felt least sure of so I think I was looking for a reason really!
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 13, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
This is on our list.. we had b'fast there, and tbh thought it was very poor.. although the kids liked it.
we are mainly going for the characters.. I tend to just go and enjoy myself, if its dire i will complain.
We hated crt.. and many many people rave about it..

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 13, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Originally Posted by madhatter3 View Post
This is on our list.. we had b'fast there, and tbh thought it was very poor.. although the kids liked it.
we are mainly going for the characters.. I tend to just go and enjoy myself, if its dire i will complain.
We hated crt.. and many many people rave about it..
Oh yeah, we really didn't like CRT either. I think each princess spent 5 seconds with us and the food was less than stellar. But then my dd's loved it... which was the reason we went
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 13, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Crikey what a shame - we have been a few times and totally loved it!

I agree with others that you do need to try things for yourselves and not to be put off too much.

I think the character interaction at 1900 Park Fare is one of the best!