Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 3 Feb 15, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
hawdanoost
Proud to wear my Ears

Alamo car hire at Sanford

I am not clear on the procedures at Sanford. I plan on doing savetime before we go, reading other threads I think this is what we will have to do, complete savetime, ignore the kiosks and go to alamo desk.Is this correct?

Thanks for this thread, I dread to think how many questions I would have had otherwise lol.
hawdanoost is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 15, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by alibabaxx View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked but a lot of cars have sat navs built in but these are charged as added extras..? Looking at using savetime so don't have to go to the desk at the airport... what happens if we make use of a built in sat nav?
The sat navs will be disabled/not installed. They want every last cent out of you so they charge to hire a standalone sat nav as an add on
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
STRESSED MOTHER
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post
I booked with Holiday Autos for our upcoming trip and we also have Budget.
On my voucher it says the following is included:

Airport fee: Fee for pick up at an airport location
Unlimited mileage
Complete cover package: Complete cover package
Theft waiver (TW): This covers costs relating to the theft or attempted theft of the rental vehicle but does not cover the loss of personal possessions. Please note that you will still be liable for insurance excess (see below).
Third party liability protection (TP): This covers damage sustained by another driver’s car in the event of an accident caused by you
Collision damage waiver (CDW) No Excess

All insurance is included except things like loss of keys, damage to glass. We buy an annual policy that covers such things but not everyone buys this insurance and are fine but we just like the peace of mind.

Hope this helps.
I have just spoken to holiday autos and they told me that ump was not covered in the insurance - complete cover package - what exactly is in that?
STRESSED MOTHER is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 15, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
blackice
Gone all Goofy

great thread well done
blackice is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 15, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

OK - been doing some more research through the likes of auto-europe.co.uk

When it says stuff like

Zero Excess Package Includes:
Value Added Tax (VAT)
Liability Insurance
Fire Insurance
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) - zero excess
Theft Protection (TP) - zero excess
Unlimited Miles
Is that normally enough cover ? Moneysavingexpert goes on about getting insurance seperately; is this in addition to the above or instead of ? And if it is instead of, how you get a hire quote with insurance not included ?

Also, do the price comparison type sites let you get a quote for additional drivers ?

Other basic questions are ... when getting quotes, do you have to be accurate in your pickup and drop off times ? And are you charged heavily if you late at either end ?
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 15, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Just saw on another thread that a Dodge Durango is now in the same Alamo class as a Chevy Tahoe, GMC Yukon, Ford Expedition and Nissan
Armada

This is not good news !
Old 8 May 15, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Alamo full size crossover fleet

Does any of my fellow dibbers have an up to date crossover fleet list for Alamo ? Sanford would be a bonus 😀
Old 12 May 15, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Snakey101
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Originally Posted by hawdanoost View Post
I am not clear on the procedures at Sanford. I plan on doing savetime before we go, reading other threads I think this is what we will have to do, complete savetime, ignore the kiosks and go to alamo desk.Is this correct?

Thanks for this thread, I dread to think how many questions I would have had otherwise lol.
I don't think save time is offered at Sanford, there's a list a couple of pages back.
Snakey101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 15, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
fifeger83
Trainee Dibber

Hi,

We are going on Tuesday, and have a Hire car Booked through our package holiday with Alamo/Thomas Cook.

According to the voucher we have, its a Mid Size Car we will get.

Does anyone have any recommendations? There are 3 adults & 1 child going.

Cheers!
2019 - Tuscana Resort
fifeger83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 15, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by clubfoot View Post
The sat navs will be disabled/not installed. They want every last cent out of you so they charge to hire a standalone sat nav as an add on
Is this true of the Prestige collection where they mention it in the initial spec?