Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Aug 15, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

2 weeks of food heaven

I never had any intention of doing a food report, but was flicking through photobucket tonight and thought it was a shame not to share our pics from September/ october last year. We went for 2 weeks staying on I drive, doing all the main parks. We only had 1 ADR at Crystal Palace and ate a few meals at disney, so most will be from IDrive Rubbish notes so no prices really!

Sharing platter at Thyme restaurant at Gatwick Premier Inn North

Included baked camembert with doughy breadsticks, salad, onion rings, chicken wings, king prawns, sweetcorn and 2 dips- we had BBQ and sour cream. (I can't remember if we got a choice though) We still dream of this platter, it was enough to fill us both up for the night and the camembert was just amazing.
I had an appletiser, Lewis a coke, it came to £23 altogether without tip.

Garfunkels Gatwick North Terminal (Airside)

Pink lemonade for me, coke for Lewis (can you see a pattern here). The lemonade was quite flavorless

Pancake stack and bacon added for extra money. Wish I hadn't added the bacon as it was not right- was expecting crispy bacon like in America but instead had floppy undercooked bacon (it was cooked just not crispy enough). Didn't go well with the pancakes I left it all and ate the pancakes which were lush.

Lewis- Ham and cheese toastie. yes, it was about 8.30am but he is not a breakfast lover (hates egg and sweet things)

Funnily enough this meal also came to £23, not doing too badly so far!

Thomson Dreamliner plane food

No notes of this, but it looks like chicken pasta!

Egg roll (Lewis hates egg) and scones (Lewis hates scones) before landing. SCORE for me I had double

Mcdonalds

We went to big mcdonalds on I Drive it was next door to hotel. Was amazed that we could order a pizza in Maccys! We were really tired and struggled to decide with all the choice so went for margarita pizza and ate some in there and took the rest back to hotel for breakfast. Also my first experience of strawberry fanta- YUM

Diagon Alley Frozen Butter Beer

Having previously having normal butter beer at the studio tour in Watford, I knew I wasn't keen on it and wanted a frozen one. Much better in my opinion, we shared this for breakfast on first day.

Krusty Burger

We had very early lunch (cold pizza and butter beer clearly wasn't enough ) both had a krusty burger, definitely going back for more this year it was amazing.

Had bought a freestyle cup earlier in day so used this for our time at universal for drinks. Never thought I would try orange coke, it was surprisingly nice!

Lard lad donut

This was HUGE and we had a bit of it sat on a kerb having a rest and decided to call it a day and head back to hotel to get ready for HHN. We continued to eat it all afternoon in hotel but still didn't manage to finish it so had it for breakfast next morning. It was heavenly, will make sure I'm more hungry when I attempt it this year

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 15, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Ohhh lovely! See what you mean about the bacon but pancakes looked lush! Krusty burgers look good
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 15, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Bubba Gump
Very late dinner after HHN.

Mango lemonade in flashy cup for me, coke for Lewis

Garlic bread to start. Couldn't help but take a bite we were starving

Trio of shrimp for Lewis- one of his favourite foods. Struggled to finish the fries.

Scampi for me. I'm not a big shrimp lover so why I ordered this is beyond me, I was in a pasta mood! Although it included capers which was interesting experience but hey more garlic bread

Churro
We were peckish mid morning so paid to reuse our freestyle cup and got a churro and popcorn- no photo of popcorn. Our first time trying churros, weren't really fans of it, it filled a gap though. Couldn't believe how huge it was!

Lunch in Confisco Grille. We probably should have used this time to go to Hard Rock Cafe but we were happy staying in the park.
Lewis had a beef dip sandwich and I had a pasta dish with tortilla on top. It was quite watery but was delicious.

Chuy's

Lovely nachos and salsa for the table, we ordered fresh guacamole to go with them. Only I hadn't remembered my tablets and I am allergic to avocado (it makes my mouth swell/sore/itchy) so I only managed a bit of it. I tried to power through through stubbornness as it was so good!

I don't know what Lewis had but I had a chicken combo- it had 3 different dishes that included chicken which I think were tacos, enchilada and something else.

Lewis' unknown dish- think it was enchilada. He finished every last bite

A really lovely dinner in a nice atmosphere, no prices written down but I know it wasn't bad. There was twinkly lights through the entrance and the setting was really cool. Would definitely come here again.

princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 15, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Food & Wine festival snacks

CANADA cheddar cheese soup- good way of trying it without having to go for a whole meal. We really enjoyed this and shared it, it didn't last long Have made it a few times at home since and although it is time consuming it is worth it

BRAZIL cheese balls (forgive me I can't remember the real name) lovely doughy balls filled with stringly melted cheese. One each, was so nice it didn't feel enough so I went on to get...

choc belgian waffle. Was lovely and I sat and ate it on a wall while Lewis had a look at what else was on offer. It took me about a minute to finish was lovely, was in the mood for sweet that night.

Pantopia Grill Busch Gardens

We hadn't really planned on what lunch we wanted, we just chose the first place we saw. The restaurant looks like it usually has shows on inside and was very dark and large.

meatball sub with mac and cheese for lewis

chicken alfredo pasta for me

It was here that we asked for a "coke" and ended up with a diet coke. we learned our lesson but it was the hard way, we hate diet coke but were so hot we lumped it lol

dunkin' donuts
I had a halloween donut and Lewis a frozen coffee drink on the way back from Busch Gardens after getting off the shuttle at CSI experience

donut looks like a pumpkin but it was just normal cream inside. Was definitely a halloween special though

Applebees

Strawberry lemonade for me- really refreshing. Guessing lewis had a coke

We got a deal in here with 2 mains and an appetizer for $20- such a barg.

spinach and artichoke dip for start- we discovered this is pretty much our favourite food on this trip and got it wherever we could.

chicken tenders and fries for me. I hardly ate a thing as there was a lot of nachos with the starter and Lewis was saving room for his main.

Lewis had chicken and shrimp with potatoes.

Not exactly exciting entrees but a bargain so we didn't mind.

Old 8 Aug 15, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Dicovery Cove Breakfast

French toast, croissants and yogurt

Ooh and chocolate milk. Yum. All included, don't think I got my money's worth at breakfast time it was too early, I hardly had anything!

Discovery Cove Lunch
Cannot remember who had what so will just put them all together- no notes either so will guess and can't remember what any of it was like! Sorry

chicken tender salad

Pulled pork burger

Chocolate cake- can remember this being very bland

And then we may have gone back an hour later for more...

Cheeseburger, sandwich, pickles, coleslaw and cookies!

CiCi's pizza buffet

By far one of our favourite meals of the holiday. Really cheap- think we both dined for about $10 including a giant drink the size of my head. Really good value and pizza and pasta are my favourite food

Lewis' first plate- yes that is macaroni pizza. Sounds rank but I LOVED it. Want more!

My first plate. Spinach pizza, lush. and really nice cheesy garlic bread.

Dessert plate. Not very special but not the reason we came so no worries!

Crystal Palace

Timed it well and got an early reservation before park opening. Nice empty shots

Soooo much food- have no idea what is on that plate it is piled so high!

Breakfast lasagne (weird) , puffed french toast (amazing) and mickey waffles were my first choice

Breakfast pizza- I didn't think it was very breakfast-y, it mainly had veg on it and I think egg which I couldn't really taste. Was pretty cool to eat pizza at breakfast though

My favourite ever cereal- fruit loops!
I remember coming at 4 years old and refusing to eat anything other than jelly and fruit loops for breakfast at a ponderosa-type place in kissimmee. My mum was not happy haha

Gaston's Tavern LeFou's Brew

Very sweet but refreshing, probably wouldn't choose it again knowing there are other treats to be had. Was nice at the time though.

Casey's Corner

Lunch was very boring for me- for some reason I chose nachos with plastic cheese but regretted it very quickly. Lewis was really questioning my choice with all the lovely hotdogs on offer, only for him to say "I told you so!" haha. I couldn't even try his hotdog as he covered it with everything he could get his hands on, it didn't look very appealing to me in the end!

Yak & Yeti table service

I had really wanted to try the counter service option but we were getting very hot and bothered after a very long day yesterday (we did about 6am- gone midnight- never again!) and saw the Table service was taking walk ups so we went in to have a rest and enjoy the air con. Only waited about 5 mins as well!

Had a sharer to start which included steamed buns, potstickers and something else. My notes just say "dimsum for 2"

I had honey chicken- one of my favourite meals of the holiday, wish we could have this again but just not enough time this year.

Lewis had tempura shrimp- again his favourite shrimp! (he is actually eating it as I type this haha)

Old 8 Aug 15, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

I love food reports so thank you for sharing. So excited to eat out next year. Only ever ate at Disney & universal.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 15, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Denny's

I was definitely over tired on this day as when we got back from AK we decided on Denny's- somewhere i was really looking forward to. And I ordered... FISH AND CHIPS?!?! I never have fish and chips. Especially when on holiday. I don't know what came over me. It was RANK. I was feeling a bit poorly, think it was a touch of sunstroke/heatstroke and fatigue, paired with a horrible dinner was a terrible combination. I ate none of it at all! Bit of a waste. I learned my lesson, again the hard way!

Anyway, the starter was bearable!

Sharer with onion rings and jalapeno bottle caps

The mankiest looking fish and chips in the history of fish and chips. And giving me a choice of 2 sides when they all looked disgusting... I chose mac and cheese. It was more like creamy sauce over pasta, it was not nice. Never mind!

Lewis was a bit more pleased with his, he had a T bone steak which he had been looking forward to on the build up to the holiday, this was the first place we had been that served it!

He found the meat surprisingly nice considering the cost.

That's enough about Denny's, I don't dislike it, I just dislike the mood I was in and the stupid meal I ordered!

IHOP

Lewis had a beef sandwich again.

Pancakes and bacon for me! Obviously I didnt finish them all it was huge! I mainly stuck to normal syrup as wasn't keen on the different flavours (I've included a photo of the syrups)

Starring Rolls Elsa Cupcake

Breakfast at Hollywood Studios. Lewis had a bagel with philadelphia. He was limited in there as he doesn't do sweet things!

I had an elsa cupcake. I was so happy to get this I had seen it online but hadn't looked up where it was, and just happened to see it It was vanilla flavour with lots of frosting, I managed the whole thing alone

Pizza Planet

Amazed that we could actually eat in pizza planet!
We got a meat lovers pizza and a cheese pizza and shared. They came with caeser salads, these were lovely wouldn't hesitate to eat here again.

Old 8 Aug 15, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Great food report! I did my ADRs for January last week, getting excited now!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 15, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Lovely pics, can you tell me how much you paid for an extra day on the freestyle cup?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 15, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Fab so far !

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List