Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Jun 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I've just come across this report today and it's been a real treat reading it right through. You certainly had loads of fabulous meals and drinks... my tea isn't quite sounding as exciting!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I apologise in advance for the length of this comment!

Congratulations on becoming DVC members! Did it take you a long while to decide to go for it?

I completely missed that you were at a DVC event at AK. I thought they were randomly giving out free food at the QS when they were closing. I was thinking they were going a bit far giving away bag of crisps.

Oh wow, your view at the Poly is amazing! We have rented points there for one night this year and I think I may just put in a little request for 3914. I wasn’t going to bother renewing my TouringPlans subscription but I will have a serious rethink. I can’t believe that’s a Standard view, I didn’t think any standard views would have water let alone the Castle.

Sweet Tomatoes is somewhere I really want to try but we’ve just never made it there.

Thank you for the tips about mobile ordering. I find QS restaurants so stressful, all those people not knowing what they are doing or where they are going, then being herded like cattle into the pick-up section, no thank you!

I’m glad to see Chris tried a mocktail in the Nomad Lounge, I felt bad for him when he just ordered a soft drink to start. Those ribs look delicious.

I am really looking forward to our brunch at CG this year. I definitely don’t think it is okay to roll up in your race gear, talk about spoiling the mood!

Your breakfast in France sounds delicious!

The pool at the villas looks so much more chilled than Stormalong bay.

Perkins breakfast looks great, I love a sausage patty!

Nice to see a review of the F! dessert ‘party’, it’s probably something we’ll do at some point. We usually do the Parties for the view rather than the desserts so the pre-packaged trays will suit us.

I love the photo of your violet lemonade with Spaceship Earth in the background! I love seeing all your Flower & Garden treats, we are planning to go in the spring of 2020 (we’ve only ever been in the fall) and I’m really looking forward to seeing my favourite park looking so beautiful. I am heartbroken to learn that the crepes in France aren’t fresh!

RE: the sharing tables argument. I am extremely socially awkward and am horrified at the idea of sharing a table with someone, but if I was in a crowded bar and sitting at a table for four I’d never turn another party away, in fact I’d expect one to join me. It probably would prompt me to want to leave earlier but I do find that by and large situations you dread never turn out as badly as you expect. We’ve shared a table at HDD, Teppan Edo and Biergarten and survived to tell the tale.

Thank you for sharing another fantastic trip report Debs! You did a fantastic job of slowing the pace down and just enjoying being there.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List