Old 27 Jan 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It was a brilliant day though I'd recommend it, perhaps you'd be better off waiting until your DS is bit older, plus you have the added complexity of having to plan in a nap for your DH
Can’t stop laughing!
Old 27 Jan 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

A fab day! Well done. Bet you were all shattered!
Old 28 Jan 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Can't believe I missed this! Just made a cuppa and gonna read it

I love the morning faces, especially Dave and Max's

It's great finding little things like the tea sign with Kate's name isn't it. We found Caitlin's on the poster when waiting to see Baymax in Epcot

Your morning seems to have started off fab and you got so much done. The Dug and Russel meet looks fab, I wish we'd look into meeting the characters more.

Such a shame about the rain but glad it didn't spoil things too much for you. I love the photo on ToT.

The food from Les Halles looks lovely especially those desserts. Oh how lovely, I love seeing photos on FB of different proposals, makes me a little jealous I keep hinting at OH for our 10th wedding anniversary next year but he's yet to pick up on the hints yet

I love the Beverley photos and it's even funnier that Kate has it as a screensaver

Oh dear Max looks thoroughly fed up on the railway, I don't know how you all managed it!

We seen something similar when we were there, like a flash mob but we were in a rush (haha when weren't we!) to get to our Splash Mountain FP so we didn't stop to watch it but it did gather quite the crowd.

I've loved reading about the 4 park challenge and you honestly did amazing to stay for so long, even if the boys did bail. It's sounds like a tiring but fab day xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Toff Princess View Post
Can’t stop laughing!
I'm glad you didn't take offence! After I'd posted it I did think that while it's ok for you to make a light hearted joke about your DH but perhaps it's a bit cheeky of me to...anyway, you didn't mind and I'm pleased to have made you laugh.

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
A fab day! Well done. Bet you were all shattered!
We really were worn out, but it was worth it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Can't believe I missed this! Just made a cuppa and gonna read it

I love the morning faces, especially Dave and Max's

It's great finding little things like the tea sign with Kate's name isn't it. We found Caitlin's on the poster when waiting to see Baymax in Epcot

Your morning seems to have started off fab and you got so much done. The Dug and Russel meet looks fab, I wish we'd look into meeting the characters more.

Such a shame about the rain but glad it didn't spoil things too much for you. I love the photo on ToT.

The food from Les Halles looks lovely especially those desserts. Oh how lovely, I love seeing photos on FB of different proposals, makes me a little jealous I keep hinting at OH for our 10th wedding anniversary next year but he's yet to pick up on the hints yet

I love the Beverley photos and it's even funnier that Kate has it as a screensaver

Oh dear Max looks thoroughly fed up on the railway, I don't know how you all managed it!

We seen something similar when we were there, like a flash mob but we were in a rush (haha when weren't we!) to get to our Splash Mountain FP so we didn't stop to watch it but it did gather quite the crowd.

I've loved reading about the 4 park challenge and you honestly did amazing to stay for so long, even if the boys did bail. It's sounds like a tiring but fab day xx
I'm glad you got yourself properly set up to read it by making a cup of tea.

I didn't even know there was a poster like the ones at Everest in the Bahamas queue! This is why I love reading trip reports and am so grateful to everyone for sharing their experiences...I'm going to have to look out for that next time we meet Baymax.

For a farewell to AK we did really well. The rain was a pain, it was early for Forida as it normally rains in the afternoon. But it did reduce the temperature a lot and it remained sort of overcast most of the day so actually that was a big plus.

I'm not sure we made the most of what was on offer at Les Halles, people on here rave about it for QS and while it was ok, it was basically just French stick sandwiches...I'd maybe just get more of the snacks next time if we go back as both the kids desserts were great.

The hoe down flash mob was actually lovely to see. I'd never heard of it and it's always fun to discover new stuff. I'd really like to see it again, especially as country bear jamboree is something that we all enjoy.

We did really well to get through it without having more spats or cross words. It was a great day and I'm sure I'll be able to convince them all to do it again one day!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow! What an absolutely perfect day.

The boys look less than enthused in your photo from the journey to the bus stop! I do love all your park entrance photos though, you all look like you are really enjoying yourselves.

You did so well with rides in the parks. I agree that shows would have been a nice break from the heat and for your feet. Only problem is then you have to fit your schedule with theirs, which may not be practical.

Hurrah for the girls, making it through to the end of the day and getting a lots of extra fun in too.

The princesses and Tink have great signatures. I really liked Ariel's from the previous day.

You have inspired me to try our own 4 parks 1 Day Challenge, though I did just tell Chris and he looked at me and said "why?" and "sounds like it would need an early start". Hahaha. I like you order that you did the parks, I think we would do the same as ending at MK just seems right.

Also, I am very impressed that you did over half the day with no socks after donating them to Kate. That is dedication to the park hopping cause!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Wow! What an absolutely perfect day.

The boys look less than enthused in your photo from the journey to the bus stop! I do love all your park entrance photos though, you all look like you are really enjoying yourselves.

You did so well with rides in the parks. I agree that shows would have been a nice break from the heat and for your feet. Only problem is then you have to fit your schedule with theirs, which may not be practical.

Hurrah for the girls, making it through to the end of the day and getting a lots of extra fun in too.

The princesses and Tink have great signatures. I really liked Ariel's from the previous day.

You have inspired me to try our own 4 parks 1 Day Challenge, though I did just tell Chris and he looked at me and said "why?" and "sounds like it would need an early start". Hahaha. I like you order that you did the parks, I think we would do the same as ending at MK just seems right.

Also, I am very impressed that you did over half the day with no socks after donating them to Kate. That is dedication to the park hopping cause!
Ah, thanks it really was perfect. I think both Dave and Max were a bit unsure by what lay ahead, it's not like I hadn't explained it to them...

You're right about scheduling shows. We had done AK by 10am and we really had done everything, I don't think we'd have been able to fit in either the lion king or nemo, but I suppose we could have done it's tough to be a bug. I think at HS we should have just hung around and waited for the frozen show, but I was still really keen to get as much done as possible at this point so hanging around seemed like wasted time. But given that we had to wish out the rain we'd have been much better off sitting in the theatre than waiting for the rain to stop.

Ariel does do a good signature as she draws bubbles.

I suspect Dave had a similar reaction to Chris, why is actually a very good question!

Oh yes and giving the socks to Kate, I really didn't want to have to go back to the resort as I didn't want to give up on the day and I couldn't imagine the boys agreeing to carry on with the challenge after a pit stop. Also, I didn't want Kate to get massive blisters and no socks would not have been a good idea for her as she had proper trainers. I had my skechers on and they were pretty comfy actually and I didn't end up getting sore feet at all. I had to throw those shoes though as they absolutely stank! I brought them home and put them through the wash but they still stank.

Don't let stinky shoes put you off though, you should try your own version of it sometime.

Old 29 Jan 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Oh wow Abby what an amazing, fun filled, exhausting but exhilarating day!
You did so well to last as long as you did. Boo to the boys going back, exactly like Jim and Sam did to us on MNSSHP! Although Dave and Max did really well to get to the evening seeing as it was such an early start, we didn't get into MK until 4 so serious lightweights my 2 are!
I love all the Photopass pics especially the one of you and Kate in front of Gaston's fountain. I will definitely be attempting the 4 parks 1 day challenge when we are next in Florida, even if I have to do it on my own

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

Love a 4 park day - they're my favourite! It looks like you had a super day, well done to you and your daughter to making it though to the bitter end.

I'm really excited to see what you thing of the brunch at California Grill. We're doing it next trip as part of my birthday celebrations - can't resist bottomless mimosas!
lumosq102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Oh wow Abby what an amazing, fun filled, exhausting but exhilarating day!
You did so well to last as long as you did. Boo to the boys going back, exactly like Jim and Sam did to us on MNSSHP! Although Dave and Max did really well to get to the evening seeing as it was such an early start, we didn't get into MK until 4 so serious lightweights my 2 are!
I love all the Photopass pics especially the one of you and Kate in front of Gaston's fountain. I will definitely be attempting the 4 parks 1 day challenge when we are next in Florida, even if I have to do it on my own
You're so right, it was both exhausting and exhilarating. I was way more sulky about the fact that they wanted to leave than I put in the write up, but heck it's my report so I get to gloss over my own poor behaviour don't I? It was a lovely evening and with just the two of us. When I read your MNSSHP night I did think of the similarities. What is it about our men and them wanting to go back home? Honestly, I don't get it at all!

If you ever need a partner for a 4 parks challenge then I will be there. I loved it and I would do it again in a heartbeat, how does tomorrow suit you? Ok, so I've got work...one day.

Originally Posted by lumosq102 View Post
Love a 4 park day - they're my favourite! It looks like you had a super day, well done to you and your daughter to making it though to the bitter end.

I'm really excited to see what you thing of the brunch at California Grill. We're doing it next trip as part of my birthday celebrations - can't resist bottomless mimosas!
Well, this was our first attempt and I'm absolutely hooked. I love reading what other people have done. I've seen that some people like to get a pin or pressed penny, but we're not really collectors of stuff but they could be really good as a memento of the day.

The day of rest was fabulous too. The mimosas were truly bottomless and the whole meal was amazing. I'm going to book it up for this summer too. It was a highlight for all of us actually. I hope you enjoy it for your birthday. What a great birthday treat!