Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Mar 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
In 10 years, with Disney’s marketing strategy, film trilogies, and advertising, i would expect many many more people to be going than at present... irrespective of rising food, ticket and accomodation prices.

Wait till GE opens.

I think we can sadly but safely, discount a large slice of the worlds population in this assumption as the gap between those who have and those who have not, widens..

Disney332
Never doubt how much money Star Wars fan boys and girls will be willing to pay! Predictions are already putting the Star Wars hotel at £900 for two nights, and you know it’s likely to sell out regardless.

I agree probably only one out of 1000 in the U.K. could afford a Disney holiday every year, or maybe even every two years. Still Disney won’t suffer for it, there are a lot more wealthy people in the world then there were twenty years ago. The divide between is grower bigger and there are less and less medium wealth people in this country.

At the end of the day Disney probably hire some of the best market analysts in the world, they know what they’re doing.

Of course, none of us want to be priced out, but it’s the way everything is going at the moment.

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
In 10 years, with Disney’s marketing strategy, film trilogies, and advertising, i would expect many many more people to be going than at present... irrespective of rising food, ticket and accomodation prices.

Wait till GE opens.

I think we can sadly but safely, discount a large slice of the worlds population in this assumption as the gap between those who have and those who have not, widens..

Disney332
I am one of the few people so genuinely disappointed that GE is opening the day we fly out to Florida this year. Going to HS on a so called quiet day in earlier December was so crowded that we left within 2 hours of arriving. The queues to the ladies toilets were dreadful, and not sure it will even be worth us going there.

I am hoping Disney will put the opening day back🤞
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We returned to Florida after an eleven year break last October, although we really enjoyed it I will say the crowd levels were a shock, and the queues for rides meant that riding many of them wasn't something I was prepared to do. Rightly or wrongly I blame the fastpass system for that, which of course favours onsite guests. Would I go back? certainly, but it wouldn't be 'park centric'.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
For my family of 5 it is an expensive holiday that we've saved a long time for (we're going in May 2020) The ticket price increase is high I agree but it hasn't been a deciding factor for us going or not, just meant a bit more saving. My last trip was 2009 and I've wanted to return ever since but since meeting my partner in 2010 we've had other things we needed to save for which took priority. I know we'll have an amazing time and I feel lucky to be able to take my kids even once.
Old 22 Mar 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
S'mE
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
but at around £90 each for 1 day is horrendous.
It’s all relative, though, isn’t it. £90 for one DAY in a park (obviously a one day ticket is the most expensive way to do it)... but people usually pay £90++ these days for a musical in London that lasts about 2hrs?
S'mE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Over £1800 for a family of 4 just to get in Disney (tickets + parking). That’s a fair whack!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think we'll only stay onsite as long as the free DDP continues but we'd still go, and visit the parks. A hotel / villa will be cheaper and we'd just eat offsite more.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
We have been to Florida many times and last year was our first time without doing Disney and got to say we didn't miss it. We watch Tim and Jen Tracker regularly and are horrified at the prices of food and how busy the parks are. Will the Disney bubble burst or are they just very clever at what they do?
Last year was my first time since 1997 so I haven't got anything to compare it with. It was very quiet when I was there last year though - I couldn't find all the crowds I keep reading about on here! This was 13th to 27th September. I'm also going again this year and every year till my health tells me I can't go any more.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
Will the Disney bubble burst or are they just very clever at what they do?
With Galaxy’s Edge opening later this year and everyone saying crowds are going to increase significantly, Disney’s bubble is not going to burst any time in the near future. If anything, I expect prices to increase even more in the next couple of years because demand keeps on increasing.

We DIBBers may think it’s too experience. Millions of others disagree.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
...If we knew we were getting the real 'Disney Magic' treatment as it existed years ago when the Disney experience really was unique and special (and actually enjoyable without massive effort)...
Yes! ...Just, yes!

Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
From the very beginning the 'Disney Story' was only possible because of Roy's careful stewardship of the company finances. Walt was the creative genius; but Roy was the one who made sure the business was solvent... easier said than done in the early days.

So, I do believe the quote. And perhaps Walt would be unnerved with that the parks have become (relative to pricing out the average family). Walt's focus was on the fantasy and the childish wonder associated with his fledgling brand; his counterbalance Roy was focused on the books more so.

It was a business from the start, but I don't think any of it would be where it is today (good or bad) if Walt was focused on the financial end of things.

Disney became what it did because of the partnership of the two. I wonder how long the Disney name will carry the weight it has for so long, with the balance, now, tipped so much the one way.

People won't keep visiting forever if the word that spreads is about how the value Disney offers their guests keeps decreasing.

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
The thing is ,with due respect,the thread is called "is Disney getting too expensive",that maybe a thread for you to avoid,and read the happy/positive ones...
Very fair comment. Just don't read this kind of discussion.

People don't like seeing something they've long loved/enjoyed now losing some of its shine. (How much is subjective. )

...And, let MickeyHouse hypnotise you, so you forget everything you read here.

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Last year was my first time since 1997 so I haven't got anything to compare it with. It was very quiet when I was there last year though - I couldn't find all the crowds I keep reading about on here! This was 13th to 27th September. I'm also going again this year and every year till my health tells me I can't go any more.
It's fascinating how different people's experiences can be. It's great you had such a good time and are looking forward to going again.

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
We've had lots of fun at WDW over the years, but I guess we're now Disney'd out. The prices for tickets don't help but TBH we don't intend going back in any case. Never say never though.

I never thought we'd go to Florida without doing Disney but we've booked a villa on the Gulf Coast this year.

We're still in love with Florida!
Hey, TC. Long time no see.

There are lots of lovely Florida holidays to be had. I bet you'll have a fun AND relaxing time on the coast. (Maybe, a highs/low post afterwards to let us know what you loved? ...Hint, hint! )

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside

Edited at 09:42 PM.
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List