Old 11 Apr 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

#USAnumber3- Helen&Andy Nov 18 - Day 3: Animal Kingdom & Disney Springs

Index is here

Previous day is here

Day 3: Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs

Hello everyone. I know I said I was going to try and get this report sorted sooner, but the work-life balance is showing little sign of shifting towards the “life” side of the scales. However, my considerate neighbour decided to get up at 06:00 this morning and start using a range of power tools, so I thought I may as well get up early and transport myself back to WDW, if only via my narrative and sadly not in real life.

Zooropa, it could be yours tonight

Today it was early morning magic hours at Animal Kingdom. I keep getting very confused with the names of things now Disney do all of these ticketed early entry events that sound like EMH but aren’t. I mean the traditional extra hour for those staying on site. We’ve never paid for any of the early/late access things, and, to be honest, I hope we never need to.

Considering that it houses two of my favourite rides in the whole of WDW, and the fact that we pretty much live in a zoo, it always surprises me that we aren’t ever more excited to go to Animal Kingdom. We usually have fun when we’re there, but we always feel like we walk a long way - we aren’t fans of the layout – and for some reason there always seems to be a lot more waiting around and wondering what to do next. Just me?

Last year, despite our best efforts, we hadn’t managed to ride the Na’vi River Journey at all. Pandora had not long been open, and the queues were always massive, and we’d heard it wasn’t all that, so we spent all our Tier One AK fast passes on riding Flight of Passage instead. Whilst I knew this was the better option, I am a completist, and it had aggravated me greatly that there was one ride in the World that we hadn’t ridden. Remember the agony of our 2016 trip where we set ourselves the target of riding every single thing in the Magic Kingdom during the trip and were nearly thwarted on the last day when Peter Pan’s Flight went down? This is the kind of thing that keeps me awake at night. That, and our tool-time neighbour, apparently.

Luckily, Andy feels the same way as me, so there was no repeat performance of yesterday’s drama of getting to Toy Story Land ahead of rope drop. Maybe because we had had a decent early night last night, but both of us were up, ready, and raring to go by 07:00. The rain storm had totally cleared the air, the skies were blue, the humidity had gone (praise be!), the temperature was forecast to be a much more pleasant 25c, and we were on a bus to Animal Kingdom by 07:15.

The river of dreams
The crowds waiting to get in for EMH seemed blissfully light, and in a matter of moments, we were pounding our way along the familiar route to Pandora.

As with everything on this trip, it felt like no time at all had passed since we were last there. We probably could have got onto Flight of Passage without too much of a wait, but that wasn’t The Plan™ so into the River Journey it was. The ride was a walk-on – a far cry from the wait times we had seen last year. It didn’t take too long to get to the loading dock, but I was glad we didn’t have to queue in what basically felt like a dark cave – not too much to look at and, if I’m honest, it felt a little claustrophobic. Still, no worries as we were straight on and into a boat, which we had to ourselves.

I don’t really know what to say about the ride, and given I don’t appear to have any photos of it, I won’t go on. Let’s just say it was very pretty and nicely done but the Shaman at the end freaked me out a bit. Hmm. I also felt like I’d gone back to the early 90s and was listening to an Enigma album, all a bit trippy.

We came out of the ride and it was still a walk-on, but neither of us had any real desire to do it again so gave ourselves a little pat on the back for having finally ridden it and ticked it off the list. However, this didn’t mean that we had once again ridden everything in the World as the Alien Swirling Saucers in Toy Story Land was now the final piece of the puzzle….but more on that later #oooooh.

It felt pretty deserted in Animal Kingdom and almost as though we had the park to ourselves. A far cry from our previous trip, where we were there over Thanksgiving and the queue for Starbucks spread back almost to the Tree of Life. I guess people aren’t as interested in Joffrey’s Coffee since they found out the truth about him in Game of Thrones. Who knows what it’d be laced with?

Anyway, Starbucks was empty apart from one family, who were taking their sweet time with their order, debating the pros and cons of pretty much every drink on the menu before being gently prodded by a cast member that we were behind them, agitatedly hopping from on foot to another in a vain attempt to get these people to hurry up and place an order.

We eventually got served – I had a caramel macchiato and Andy had a praline latte. Quite impressed I can remember that actually given that it was five months ago, almost to the day (what the…? Where has the time gone?).

We had a little sit on one of the outside tables which was an impressive feat given that these usually seem to be fast-pass eligible, and just chilled and drank our coffees for 20 minutes or so. What? In EMH? Are we mad? Maybe, but it was nice to be able to do it. We found that a lot, that actually it was nice to take a bit of time out rather than haring around like mad things – the beauty of repeat trips, I guess.

We decided to head towards Dinoland USA, but took the long walk round, not really in any great hurry, stopping to take a few photos on the way.

This is one of my favourite memories of the trip, watching the sun breaking through and the park slowly coming to life. No filters on these photos.

Huggin' and a kissin' in the back row
As we walked past Everest, we saw the standby line was only 15 minutes so that was a no brainer – love this ride so much.

We were in the very back row which is definitely the more intense place to be, especially for the backwards segment as you go up so much higher than if you were further forward. As ever, during that section, which feels never-ending, I did my best involuntary Al Pacino impression, which cracks both me and Andy up every time.

Back row selfie…

For some reason, we got someone else’s ride photo, so hi if this is you.

Cont. below...

Edited at 07:13 PM.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Everybody walk the dinosaur

Readers of the last trip report may recall Andy discovering a newfound love for Dinosaur; he’d mentioned it a few times since our trip, so it was next on our hit list for EMH, which was fine by me as I hadn’t got a fast pass for it for today.

This was also a walk-on, and we didn’t have to spend too long in the pre-show either, so we were pleased about that. There was some kind of kerfuffle with the couple in front of us where they refused to move all the way along the row, plonking themselves in the two centre seats at the front, meaning that Andy and I had to wait for the next one. Some people, blah blah.

Once we’d returned with our dino (phew, we nearly didn’t make it…) and exited via the shop - Andy still gets narky that the ride photo screens in there are now dormant and you have to wait for your photo to rock up on MDE.

Every year...

Next, we made for Primeval Whirl. This queuing area is probably one of the worst ones in the World and, along with Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, is certainly not one I’d want to be in if I was hungover or generally feeling delicate. It’s just so loud. I know, I’m such a grandma these days. The ride went down for a bit, but Andy really wanted to ride, so we hung on.

I don’t really like this ride. Aside from the boob incident of 2016, I find it uncomfortable and it makes me feel queasier than any other ride in the parks. I can do Flight of Passage, the Forbidden Journey, Spiderman, that type of thing with no issue but this ride always makes me feel funny. The swooping bits are great fun, but I always have to close my eyes during the spinning and inevitably emerge on solid ground walking like a wooden-legged badger for the next 20 minutes or so.

Something a little tamer afterwards though – we had a little go on Triceratops Spin. I have no shame at all queuing up on these rides for little kids – same as Dumbo and the Magic Carpet ride in MK, we enjoy these and like getting up to the top and seeing the views. Just a shame the duration is so short.

As ever, Andy let me sit in front and do the up and down – not entirely sure what the lever in the back seat does though!

Looks like Andy has no idea either

I am Africa! Just like Bono, I am Africa

It was now about 10:00 and time for our first fast pass, the Kilimanjaro Safari. For some reason, we hadn’t got on this at all last year (I think due to Pandora messing up the Fast Pass tiers, Andy’s fondness for Dinosaur, and my eternal love for Everest) and we were excited to do it again.

We walked back through Asia, which is my favourite bit of the park, stopping for some photos...

... and pausing for a moment to watch the monkeys, well, monkeying around.

We made it to Africa, phew!

Not only were we called forward as a party of two (result), we were also installed into the front row, which was awesome as we didn’t have people wriggling, leaning or standing up in front of us. Happy days. This turned out to be the best safari we’ve ever done – and we’ve done it a few times – as we could hear the driver really clearly, it was a good group of people who all behaved themselves, and we saw tons more animals than we’ve done before. I think because the weather was sunny but really mild so they were all out in the open.

Whilst I really enjoy seeing all the variety, I’m always just holding my breath til we get to the lion area. I’m happy to report that the male and female lions were both out on view and as ever, it makes me a bit emotional to see them, especially up so close. I get the same feeling when I see the big cats as some people do when they see a new baby. Hard to explain – I’ve never actually had an ultrasound to check whether I was born with cat ovaries, but maybe I should. Anyway.

Seeing as we were in the area and the Disney gods appeared to be on our side today, we realised that the first Festival of the Loin King (make this typo every time…much as I adore lions, I’d definitely be getting a fast pass for a meet and greet with a Loin King…) show of the day was starting in a few minutes.

We skated in just as the show was about to start, and as ever, were seated in the Giraffe section. We’ve never been anything else in this show, so we can do pretty decent giraffe impressions these days. You want to see that, my impression of Al Pacino doing a giraffe impression.

They weren’t the best seats in the house, but we could see just fine – well, apart from the idiot a few rows in front, who held her phone above her head for the entire bloody thing.

Look at that sky. Beautiful.

Now it was time for our Everest fast pass. But first, a post box.

The park was definitely getting busier, as for the first time ever, we had to queue in the overflow fast pass queue, which is outside and a pretty open sun trap. I took this excellent selfie. Brilliant. #makingmemories

I’m a little more proud of this photo I snapped on the way round; Andy really is having the best day ever here.

After we got off the ride, we stood and watched the drop for a bit. It looks so scary from the ground!

Andy was videoing it and decided he wanted to try a slow-mo video, which was made me howl with laughter when he showed me as it was about 0.5 of a second long. You had to be there, but we were both hooting so much that actual tears were coming out and people were looking at us. He’d got slow-mo confused with time lapse. I wanted to post his efforts on Instagram, but it was too short; I’ve made a great GIF out of it though.

Food, glorious food

We hadn’t eaten anything yet today, and we were ravenous, so headed over to Yak & Yeti. I’d bought a Landry card the previous year and as it was November, we had a new $25 birthday reward on there to use up. We both love Yak & Yeti – it’s pretty good grub for a theme park restaurant and I cook a lot of Asian food at home, so it was nice to sit down and have someone else cook it for us for once.

Quick flash of the Landry card and we were straight in. I unashamedly love this. It was peak lunch time and lots of people were being told there was about a 60 minute wait for a table, so getting the card really is worth it. I know Y&Y is available to book via the app but there’s something nice and rebellious about using the card to just rock up whenever you want. A nice break from regulated meal times.

Unfortunately, we were next to the noisiest family ever. They’d clearly finished their meal but were in no rush to be making a move, much to the irritation of everyone else in the same area. Screaming kids, arguing adults etc. There were about 10 of them and they were really doing their level best to wreck the nice zen we’d been feeling all day.

Drinks were brought a Pink Himalayan for me, which I always have there - Tanqueray Gin, Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice, Passion Fruit and Lemon Grass Flavours, Salt Rim. Got to love a salty rim. Andy wasn’t feeling boozy so he had a Sprite I think.

It always takes me ages to choose what I want from the menu here but in the end I went for a stir fry, the lobster garlic noodles. The weird black thing at the bottom that looks like a cockroach is in fact a bit of lobster. I had to do a double-take too. Tasted alright though.

Andy had one of the specials, Korean beef meatballs. At Yak & Yeti, they always bring out a separate special menu which is made up of dishes designed by Landry chefs from around the country, and they consider the most popular ones for inclusion in future main menus. Pretty cool.

We both really enjoyed our food, and finished every scrap. It was a fairly lonely meal for me though as Andy was following the Newcastle Utd football game on his phone so wasn’t being very chatty or sociable.

Humph. I amused myself by updating Instagram and ordering another cocktail.

<Side note – I’ve been reading a lot of hostility about alcohol in the parks as a reaction to the recent smoking ban, on a range of Disney sites. Sure, Andy and I did give a side eye to a couple pushing a stroller each whilst chugging on a beer at about 09:00 one later morning in Animal Kingdom but it’s their holiday, and I can honestly say I’ve never noted a drunk person in Disney. Maybe I’m less sensitive to it as I don’t have kids but I like to be able to get a frozen margarita if I fancy one. I can’t ever see Disney banning booze due to the astronomical mark-up they can make on it. And some people in WDW are rude and aggressive enough whether they’re had a sniff of a drink or not.>

Even though I was quite full by this point, there was no way I was leaving the restaurant without my favourite dessert in the World – the fried wontons. On paper, they’re a bit of a nope – (skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey-vanilla drizzle) but they’re just the most delicious thing ever and I have to get my fix on every trip.

I’m not really into ice cream so that got left, but you can bet your bottom dollar that I ate both wonton sticks and mopped up every last bit of sauce. I don’t have a photo of Andy’s dessert as I was so obsessed with mine, but I am 99% certain he had chocolate cake.

We had our obligatory visit from the manager to make sure we’d had a good meal - we definitely had! - paid the bill in cash (after the discount I think it was about $80 plus tip), expensive for a lunch but we had two courses each , and I’d had a couple of cocktails…what can you do, you’re on holiday?

We were both pretty full up so took a really leisurely walk around, stopping for a few photo passes here and there. Incoming photo pass spam:

Cont. below...

Edited at 06:56 PM.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

A human being that was given to fly

It was now time for our Flight of Passage fast pass. Luckily our food had gone down a bit by then. Once we tapped in, I immediately checked to see what other fast passes were available, and there was one available for Everest, so snapped it straight up.

As ever, the pre-show was long, the ride was awesome. Just as good as I remembered. And the smell in there is just…..perfect. My lovely friends Rach and Lisa had bought me some Maple & Whiskey wax melts for my birthday and one of them was the Banshee Flight one, which is an absolute perfect copy of the Flight of Passage ride scent and takes me straight back there every time I burn it. So evocative.

Andy doesn’t have the same love for this ride as I do. Don’t get me wrong, he thinks it’s impressive and all that jazz but it makes him feel poorly. I don’t think I’d told him by this point that I was soon to sling him round Everest again either. Sorry not sorry.

Up where we belong

Next on the agenda was the “new” bird show which had replaced Flights of Wonder, an old fave of mine.

I was interested to see what they’d done with it, as I know it wasn’t exactly a headliner before but it had always been pretty busy each time we’d seen it. On the way in, I stopped to buy a frozen margarita. I was tempted by the Triple Yeti Blast but really I know I prefer the lime flavour to the others, so just went for a simple frozen lime. Oh and I wasn’t IDd – I never seem to be these days. I think they only really get funny if a) you’re buying more than one drink or b) you clearly aren’t as old and wizened as me.

We went in and sat down and waited for the theatre to fill up. I was faffing about with my bag or phone or something, so put my drink down next to me on the bench for a nanosecond, and yeah, you can guess what happened, can’t you? Andy put his hand down and managed to knock the entire thing onto the floor behind us…..straight onto a lady’s bag.

<maybe they should ban alcohol in the parks after all>

Luckily it was a nylon wipe-clean type bag and not a limited edition Hermes or anything, and she was really nice about it and we had a nice chat as we both did our best to clean it up. Thank god, it could have been far worse than it was. Obviously Andy sat staring rigidly straight ahead and refused to turn around which narked me a little – sure, maybe I shouldn’t have put it there but he’s the one that sent it flying….

Anyway, after I had issued a thousand apologies and made a new friend, the show started. I’m sad to say I didn’t like it as much as I had hoped I would.

I’m not the biggest fan of Up (don’t @ me) so I’ve only watched it once – maybe some of the references were lost on me? But to us, the show is mainly a load of gumph about Russell and his camera, faffing about, and some poor narrator doing a lot of talking about not very much. Less chat, more birds please.

They still do the thing where the bird takes a dollar from someone in the audience, and one of them sings Old MacDonald, but none of the rest of it was memorable. They parade the birds in and out so rapidly that you don’t really get to see them for long, or learn much about them.

I used to love the vulture segment in the last show but that was cut down to them flying over and then going away again. We were both a bit bemused and massively disappointed. It wasn’t UP! A Great Bird Adventure, it was Russell and Dug being annoying, and a few birds as a bit of an after-thought.

Soz Russell, no thumbs up from me.

After the disappointment of the show, it was time for our Everest fast pass – yes, again! Not a lot to say about this other than it was as fab as ever – even though it was the third time we’d ridden it that day. The Yeti is still pretty scary though, even when you know it’s coming.

It was about 4pm by this point, and we had a quick scan to see if there were any other fast passes but there wasn’t much. We didn’t fancy the rapids and we’d pretty much done all there was to do that day, so we were happy to leave the park.

It had been a brilliant day (despite the odd hiccup) and it appeared all the crowds were concentrated in Pandora, as you can see from the below wait times. Hard to believe the River Ride had been a walk on earlier in the day.

We left Animal Kingdom and headed for the bus stop. I have no idea how long we waited for a bus but I don’t think it can have been long as I have a photo back in the room with a time stamp of 5pm on it. This photo, in fact – got to love a bit of Stacey…. Hmm.

And I took this one oddly, I think maybe for the outstanding haircuts and the look of disgust on the girl’s face whilst being in the Small World queue.

I don't have any notes, but expect Andy would have had a little nap and I probably faffed about on Instagram during this time, but it wasn’t long before we were ready to head out again, this time to Disney Springs. It was looking a bit chilly so I swapped my shorts for my park map leggings.

Andy had discovered a new corner of the MDE app, where you can see the bus timetable for your resort. How bloody cool is that? Especially as we knew we were only five minutes’ walk from the room to the bus stop, so it really limited the amount of hanging around we did at the bus stop this year. Now if only they could do the same for the return service from the parks, that would be brilliant. Got to love a bit of digital enablement.

The only drawback to this is even if you know the departure time of the bus, you don’t know how many people are already in the queue, so as a result, we were at the back of the queue and only just made it on to the bus.

I actually quite like standing at the very front of the bus as I can pretend I am driving it and I far prefer it to being wedged in halfway down, banging people’s limbs as it turns a corner etc.

Hanging off the hand straps is also just too evocative of being on the Tube, which I prefer to forget about when I’m on holiday.

I look like Kiss but without the make-up

So, you’ll be pleased to know I managed to drive the bus to Disney Springs without incident, and of course, we were first off. As luck would have it, the bus stop brings you out right by the mothership…Sephora. Andy is well used to this by now, so packed himself off to Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar and I promised I would catch up with him…in a while.

I only had a small amount of items on my shopping list and I managed to get them all with no drama. It’s so much easier to get stuff in the UK now that the lure of Sephora actually isn’t as strong as it used to be, plus the $ rate was so bad that I wasn’t really saving any money. However, there are a few brands I love that are only stocked online at home so it was good to go and stick my fingers in stuff at the counters and actually see if the colour resolution of photos online was accurate. I managed to get (and there doesn’t appear to be any photos of any of it, apologies) the following:

Nars Climax mascara (love it and will repurchase), Urban Decay Naked Cherry palette (have used it once and am yet to open it again so was a bit of a waste of money), Dior Addict eau de parfum (finally, after the airport fiasco!), a Tarte palette I love which was to be a birthday gift for a friend, a few Kat von D liquid lipsticks in the shade Ludwig (my fave….this was before KvD was “cancelled” over the whole anti-vaccination drama), and an Anastasia Beverley Hills highlighter palette.

It took me less than ten minutes to get all of this in my basket – I feel like I deserve a prize of some sort. It actually took me longer than that to find the hair masks. I desperately needed a deep conditioning mask as my hair was really dry from the heat and humidity of the past few days, not to mention the fact that it was being flung around at speed on various rides (yeah, three goes on Everest will really eff up your barnet).

Even though I wasn’t being supervised by someone with limited interest in shopping, and therefore had a clear run at some of the other shops in Disney Springs, I figured I had spent enough money for one day, and, not going to lie, the desire to have a beer was definitely outweighing the desire to poke around the shops.

I did have a quick look in Free People as I got some nice things from there last year but there was nothing that called out to me. I also popped up to World of Disney as Andy had got addicted to the little character shape peppermints they do in tins, and I wanted to get him some to go in his Christmas stocking. I also picked up this Haunted Mansion keyring which I regretted not buying on our last trip, so I was really pleased to see they still had it in stock. As you can tell if you know the ride, it’s the griffin (maybe?) things that hold the chains when you get to the queue for the doom buggies and is the kind of detail I really love. I don’t actually use it as a keyring, it’s quite light and made of thin metal so it lives clipped on to the outside of my work bag.

I still find the layout of the new bit of Disney Springs to be a little confusing but it didn’t take me long to find Andy, who was sat out on the outside deck of Jock Lindsey’s.

Total game changer, finding that terrace – it’s a real hidden gem as it looks like a tiny little bar when you walk in, but the back deck is huge, and it’s always pretty easy to get a table there.

The bar definitely has more of an adult vibe to it too, maybe as parents are put off as it just looks small when you walk in. It’s a happy place for us, anyway.

Andy had had one beer and I was just in time to get in on the second round.

We sat and chilled out (literally as it wasn’t as warm outside as it had been in previous days), and looked over the water to Saratoga Springs, wondering what the holiday would have been like if we had actually ended up staying there and not the Beach Club. Nice thing to wonder, hey?

We were pretty happy with the way things had worked out though. Not that we’d be against staying at Saratoga Springs in the future as it’s a lovely resort, but we were a bit put off with all the overbooking shenanigans, especially as we figure we couldn’t be lucky enough to bag a great upgrade again in the future.

We had two beers, and decided it was time to go. I visited the loo on the way out and posted this photo to Instagram, commenting how far away from work I felt, in my park leggings and trainers. Not my every-day look.

I realised as soon as we got out of the bar that I’d managed to leave my Sephora bag under the table so I had to do a mad dash back in to make sure it was still there. Luckily it was, well, a waiter was just picking it up and having a little nose inside, but I managed to convince him it was mine and all ended well. PHEW.

With a nice little beer buzz, I decided there was only one thing for it and that was to head to Blaze Pizza.

Andy wasn’t best impressed with this as he stated he wasn’t hungry and just wanted to go back to the hotel but I dug my (trainer) heels in and insisted. The pizza there is just so good that I was never going to walk on by when I had the option to have one. Andy was even less pleased when he saw the queue snaking out of the door – and even less less pleased when I left him with my bags in the queue to go in search of the loo (again) – but there you go. When you need pizza, you need pizza.

Andy didn’t order anything, he said he was still full from lunch. In fairness, I wasn’t ravenous either, but well, as I’ve said, its good pizza. We got a couple of the draft beers (I can’t remember what they were but Andy went for a darker ale and said it was disgusting; mine was more lager-y and tasted alright) and I went to the counter and waited for my pizza masterpiece while he grabbed a table.

This was mine, despite the fact that they mis-heard me when I said “Andy” when asked my name – I think I’ve said before that Americans seem to have a problem with “Helen” (the name, hopefully not me as a person) and this is what they wrote:

Yum. Cherry tomatoes, basil, jalapenos, parmesan and extra garlic. And, to prove a point (but also because it was delicious) I ate every single bite. I did offer him some but he declined. This sort of thing is why we don’t end up eating as much as other people on our trips – it’s pretty embarrassing eating an entire pizza in front of someone who hasn’t ordered anything, but, well, I had had three beers by this point and couldn’t really care less.

Stuffed full and feeling pretty tired, we decided to call it a night and head back to the bus stop. I think it was about 9pm by the time we got back to the room so we’d done pretty well, I think. Over 20k steps for the day so it was good that we’d hit typical Helen & Andy form again, and we’d had a really good day. Animal Kingdom had treated us well for once, I’d had been successful on the pizza, make-up and beer mission and all was good in the World!

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed today’s instalment and I am sorry it took me so long to post this – usual work/life imbalance.

I hope you’ll join us for the next day, where we attend the fabled California Grill brunch and get drenched in Magic Kingdom! This can now be found here

Edited at 08:12 AM.
Old 11 Apr 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Excellent report! We live AK as well. Especially Expedition Everest and Lion King Show. I agree the wontons at Yak and Yeti are a must.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great pics. You definitely had a very busy day 😃
Old 11 Apr 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

A great full day, shame you lost the margarita though
Old 11 Apr 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
3 rides on Everest, it was a pretty good day. Plus you made it to Na'vi river, I'm hopeful you get to fulfil all your dreams and complete the full park set of attractions. Ooh, I'm on tenter hooks.

I'm extremely disappointed that there were no tater tots today though and I hope that is swiftly remedied tomorrow. If not please can you invent some tater tots, maybe just insert an old photo as I'm sure no one would spot it.

The bus times addition to the app is pretty great isn't it? We enjoyed this last summer, although I flat out refused to run when we were caught out as the app had said 4 minutes! It lied!

Andy really needs to get with the programme. You're on holiday that means plenty of cocktails and food. Don't spill the cocktail and then act all nonchalant pretending like it was nothing to do with you and don't refuse pizza. I don't care if you're still full from lunch. You're on holiday you need to overeat! Ok rant over, but seriously it's like he's never been to WDW before. Hopefully he will get into his stride soon enough.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Great day x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a fun-packed day! I am impressed with the cocktails followed by Everest 😂 Goals! Thanks for sharing.
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

That sounds like another brilliant day. Your pizza looked so nice, great topping combination too!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List