Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Aug 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Another rude bus driver drama.

I have complained about the local bus drivers in my area in the past, some are really lovely but some are so rude.
So my mums (81 years old) nearest bus stop is closed due to road works. Now some will let people off just after the stop and pick people up from there. It’s not an official tempory stop though.
This week my mum waited there and a driver pulled over and snapped at her it wasn’t a tempory stop. She didn’t realise that she didn’t want that number bus until it pulled over so asked him to drop her off at the next stop. He snapped again he didn’t have time to do that. She then walked up hill the the next stop as she didn’t want to risk missing the bus she needed. It was before she could use her pass and she didn’t have enough money on her for 2 journeys.
I have tweeted (no response) and tonight I posted on a local Facebook group this message.

I know the head of the bus company is an admin of this group.
He replied that it was clear the stop was closed and it wasn’t a tempory stop.
I just said fair enough but drivers should know and also that they don’t need to be rude to a pensioner. He then deleted my message and blocked me from the group.
I know it’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it’s just annoying me.
Sorry for the long post (and if I haven’t made sense) but I just needed to rant about it. My mum is amazing.

Edited at 10:07 PM.
roxie2001 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Rant away. It’ll not be easy at that age.

It wasn’t an official stop but they didn’t have to pull over in the first place.
They also should do a temporary stop near the original one.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I knew you were talking about Gorleston when I read Halfway House. My hometown. Silly question but does you mum not have a bus pass? Surely there should be an alternative temp stop?

Edited to say just read it was outside bus pass times?

Edited at 10:16 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

So the driver stopped even though he didn't have too but she wanted a lift to the next stop without paying?
I dont get why he didn't have time if it's on his route but not sure why your mum should have got a free ride.
Rudeness is often taken differently, maybe he was just short with her.
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Rant away. It’ll not be easy at that age.

It wasn’t an official stop but they didn’t have to pull over in the first place.
They also should do a temporary stop near the original one.
Thank you, I just wanted to know if it was a temporary stop or not as it depends on who is driving. I just said it should be clearer as it’s a waste of time standing there. It isn’t too far to the next bus stop but it is uphill and mother usually has her trolley full lol
roxie2001 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
I knew you were talking about Gorleston when I read Halfway House. My hometown. Silly question but does you mum not have a bus pass? Surely there should be an alternative temp stop?

Edited to say just read it was outside bus pass times?
Halfway house is perfect for my mum, she doesn’t drive and it gets her out every day. She chats to everyone.
It’s not clear if there is a temporary stop there or not. It just depends on the driver, we got a bus home tonight and he was lovely and stopped just passed the bus stop.
I guess you are familiar with the Southtown rd roadworks then!
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by roxie2001 View Post
Halfway house is perfect for my mum, she doesn’t drive and it gets her out every day. She chats to everyone.
It’s not clear if there is a temporary stop there or not. It just depends on the driver, we got a bus home tonight and he was lovely and stopped just passed the bus stop.
I guess you are familiar with the Southtown rd roadworks then!
Yes and I avoid going into town at all costs😜
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Yes and I avoid going into town at all costs😜
I cycle to town, would never attempt driving in the summer!
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
So the driver stopped even though he didn't have too but she wanted a lift to the next stop without paying?
I dont get why he didn't have time if it's on his route but not sure why your mum should have got a free ride.
Rudeness is often taken differently, maybe he was just short with her.
My mum would have paid for the journey but she only had enough money for her original fare. She doesn’t have contactless cards as she had a card stolen and has now asked for normal bank cards.
I don’t think she should just get a free ride but the driver saying he didn’t have time was ridiculous. He could have just said I’m sorry but I have CCTV on the bus and can’t take you. She waited there as someone else was waiting.
I know people moan about pensioners on buses but I can honestly say it keeps my mum going and she would be lost without her bus pass. She chats to everyone on the bus and it gets her out in the mornings.
As for the head of the bus company, all I wanted to know is if it is a temporary stop or not and he just deleted and blocked me. I was only asking a genuine question and letting him know a driver was rude to her. If I was rude Timmy customers like that I would probably get a written warning.
I guess it just upsets me if people are rude my mum as she will do anything for anyone.

Edited at 11:00 PM.
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Maybe you need to make a complaint through the proper channel