Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Aug 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

POFQ vs Coronado Springs

Would love to hear the pros and cons of both of these resorts. Torn between the two for our stay next year. Really loving the outside bar at CS but then FQ has a splash pad for DD. Don’t think CS has one and not sure if it’s as kid friendly as FQ? The rooms at CS look much nicer IMO and the use of the tower would be a nice bonus. Like to boat access to DS from FQ but then the bus is just as good from CS. What to do! 🤷🏼

Also, I can stay at CS for 17 vs 14 at FQ for the same price.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks! 😊

Edited at 08:37 AM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

We have stayed at both POFQ 4 times going back next April, CSR in May this year. Love POFQ small compact, really quiet garden areas just to sit and watch, love the walk around the river and you can use the pools in PORS, plus the childrens pool it really nice and there quick serve so 2 places to eat. Love the boat to Disney Springs and only one bus stop to the parks. Staff really friendly and helpful would love the rooms here to be like CSR as that would nail it totally. Most of the parks are within 15 minutes bus ride apart from AK which is further away

CSR we loved the room it was modern loads of storage areas, like walking around the resort it was beautiful we had a good time but there is something which neither me or DH could explain we did not like it as much as POFQ. I think for us it was the size of the resort 4 bus stops, it was walk to the shop which was not as well stocked as the POFQ, and the quick serve was busy at times the walk was shorter once they have open the bridges. We did have problems coming back from the parks at times like 50 minutes wait from Epcot twice in the afternoon if it was the evening okay but not at 1.00pm. Most of the Parks from here are 10-15 minutes but a longer journey time to Disney Springs. Hope it helps a little we really thought we would have liked CSR as much as POFQ as we like to walk around CSR when we visited the resort. We only stayed around the quiet pool, but the main pool looked lovely but the childrens pool was not a good as the POFQ it just had a few fountains.

Edited at 10:09 AM.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Have stayed once at both. They are both gorgeous so can't really go wrong IMO. We had booked to go back to POFQ next year but have just amended this to CSR for £360 less (for 13 nights).

Advantages POFQ
Smaller - so less distance to food court
Food court has more options that are more to our taste and better selection of alcoholic drinks
Boat to Disney springs

Advantages of CSR
More food selections if prepared to pay/not on QS dining plan ie tower, 3 Bridges, rix sports bar
Cafe rix is Fab for snacks
Better rooms, more modern and brighter
Cheaper but feels more expensive
Quiet pools

We are family with older teens though.

Edited at 01:55 PM.
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

I loved them both

POFQ felt more intimate and I truly felt like we were in a bubble there, loved the boat ride but CSR had better food and of course now the extras like the tower

I'd probably go to CSR now I think
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the replies. Really not sure what to do, Coronado is so appealing as we'd be able to stay for longer for the same money but I worry that it won't have much of a Disney feel as it's more of a business hotel. The rooms do look way nicer though.
Old 12 Aug 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
annedawso
Apprentice Imagineer

Stayed at PORFQ last year and booked for CSR for next year.
Been to have a look around this week. Loved the Tower and QS facilities. Our only reservation was there wasn't much shade by the pool. However as we don't spend much time there not enough to alter our plans.
If I had young children all things being equal I would choose PORFQ as very compact and easy to get around plus more shade by pool.
However if meant 3 extra nights would definitely stay at CSR.

LBV Resort and Spa- 2009
Emerald Island Villa -2013
OKW -2014 YC -2015
Tenerife and cruise in Med 2016
Easter 2017. BCV 7 nights, 6 nights GFV. 3 Portofino Bay
August 2017. YC 14 nights. 4 days Portofino Bay
August 18 -5 nights NY, 11 nights PORFQ
August 2019 10 nights AKL 6 nights Universal
AUG 2020 CSR 15 nights?
annedawso is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the replies. I’ve made the switch ☺️