Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Aug 19, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dublingirl View Post
Virgin Upper Class works for me everytime! 😉
It doesn't work for me as I can't sleep when I'm travelling. It's nice and comfy though and good for my poorly legs.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 04:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I remember I used to have problems sleeping on flights. Oddly (or not so oddly) what helped was having a glass of wine with dinner on the plane! But I do get sleepy with alcohol...

These days I'm usually so tired out from daily life that I'll just get on a flight and sleep! I do bring along a pair of earphones (the in-ear sort, so semi noise isolating) which helps to block out some of the jet engine noises.
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Peut-Être
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

I struggle sleeping normally, let alone on a plane. But I've adopted a routine at home which is amazing, and travel friendly.

I bought an eye mask with built in Bluetooth headphones from Amazon. It's cushioned around the nose so is comfy and blocks out all light. It's also not so thick it feels like you're being suffocated. The speakers do sit comfortably on the ears. This I'm yet to try on a flight but am very confident after 2 months of use at home.

I then use an app called "Shh". It plays different relaxing sounds which alternate between each ear and send you off to sleep. It has three modes: Night, Flight and Nap. I've tried flight mode before and can vouch it actually does work! Plus for a free app you lose nothing by trying 😁
Peut-Être is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
spinone lover
Excited about Disney

I normally have about 5 bottles of wine to help me sleep but that’s because I’m not in charge of any children and don’t have to drive at the other end.
spinone lover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Hmm, buy a buisness class seat!
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

No wise advice for me I'm afraid as I can't sleep on planes.
I want to sleep at at least a little on overnight Transatlantic flights, but never managed more than a sort of half awake state, for a very short time.
I'm sure if a magic fairy plants a money tree in my garden and I could afford Business Class, I would have a better chance!
I cannot sleep next to a stranger for certain. This time with TC we have a 2 for my OH and me, which will be lovely, no stranger, and across the aisle is is my own family
I have no hopes of sleeping though.
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
RailRunner
Earning My Ears

I'm blessed with the ability to sleep anywhere: plane, train, boat or car. Trouble is, it also kicks in when I drive myself.

Going with some noise cancelling headphones and a sleeping mask for my flight in September.
RailRunner is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m a non sleeper on planes, even in VA Upper to Florida & even all the way to Oz over 26 hours so I’ve stopped trying.

Now I have two kids under 2 years old so there’s not much point anyway
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gazwilliams
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I always take my pillow from my bed. It’s massive and I get funny looks but it’s usually jealous looks. It’s the only thing I carry in my hand luggage. I also love having it at the hotel as it gives me that little bit of home from home.
Gazwilliams is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

I've tried everything but there's no way I can even nod off for a few minutes, think I'm too nosey, wanting to see what's going on around, but I'm definitely going to try some tips I've read here.
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List