Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Aug 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Brought To You by The Letters A, J and R and The Number 3 -Day 2 Volcano Bay & Florida Mall.

A loud alarm message was being played during the night through the in room speaker telling guests that an alarm had been triggered and that staff were locating the issue. The message then changed to state that staff had located the issue and there was no cause for concern. When I had initially woken I had not been sure as to whether this was part of a dream/hallucination however Alex mentioned it which sparked my memory.

I initially woke just after 03.00. Either Alex or Ramona had used the bathroom but gone straight back off to sleep . I think this stirred me from sleep. I was in agony with a migraine and slept on and off taking medication at 04.00. I made a coffee then stayed in bed drifting in and out of sleep until 08.30 where I was now suffering after pains. Alex had woken and Mone woke around 08.45. We ate. We are not breakfast people at home but do eat when away. I’d bought 2 bear claw pastries in Publix yesterday and Mone had chosen a cinnamon glazed donut and some Kool Aid jammers so had one of those.

We showered and sun screened. All ready to head to Volcano Bay. We managed to exchange our tickets for the dining plan we had pre purchased in the hotel lobby and headed out for the bus at 10.30 - we are useless with early opening!

This is our second visit to Volcano Bay. Our last visit was in October 2016 and was very short!

We have arrived.

We walked around to the Rainforest locker area to stow our bag and then found 3 loungers in the sand area in front of the volcano. We were quite far back but that was okay. We collected our refill cup that was included on one of our dining plan tickets so we had this filled with a cherry slush. I had a lay in the sun whilst Alex and Mona went in the water. We then as a group went around the lazy river and then tapped into ride the raft ride which was a 15 minute wait but I think it buzzed us in early. We then headed to the aqua coaster but the wait was over 2 hours. We decided to head back to grab our gear and then headed back to the locker. We passed a counter service place called Bambu and looked at the offerings. We were going to head back but it was 13.30 and so decided we would eat here before leaving. It was a good decision as the food was nice. Alex had a Bambu burger, Ramona chicken tenders which was huge and she barely made a dent and I had a grilled Mahi sandwich which was really really good.

Lunch time at Bambu

We left Volcano Bay at 14.10 and pretty much got straight on a bus back to the hotel. Our room hadn’t been made up when we got back. After a little chill out time, we got ready to head out to have a look around the shops. First stop Michaels for Ramona to buy some bits and then onto the Florida Mall. I was waiting for a second wind as was flagging at this point. We had a look in some chosen shops but the only purchase made was for dipping dots and a Diet Coke. We left the mall at 6.30 ish and headed back to the hotel.

We got the water taxi out to city walk, we didn’t think it would be wise to pit stop in the room as I think we would have struggled to get back out again.

Ready to go back out.

On the way to City Walk

We headed to Voodoo donuts to get breakfast for tomorrow and then into Panda Express for dinner.

Honey walnut shrimp for dinner.

Ramona stopped by Menchies for desert and then we hopped straight back on to the water taxi to the hotel and spent the evening showering and chilling out! Alex hooked up his surface pro to the TV so we are able to watch our own stuff if we don’t fancy anything on the TV.

I think Ramona could have done with her older brother and sister today at Volcano Bay as I’m not very brave at water parks, she is fearless and loves the water.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

A great day, I hope you were feeling better? You were very brave going out with a migraine, I really admire you for carrying on through it!
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I was thank you dizzydisneymum I used to get approx 3 per week sometimes more but take pain preventers which have reduced them, I also take a whole bunch of pain killers too! By the time we left I only had the after pains which I can deal with.

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment x
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List