Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Oct 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Following along and looking forward to your review. Enjoying the photos on instagram 😊💕

Edited at 06:52 AM.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Have an amazing time Colette!

So sorry I've been missing on here. I thought I'd subscribed but obviously hadn't xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Have a fantastic time
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

I only discovered this thread yesterday after seeing it mentioned on the October thread.
I'm looking forward to reading your full report and hope you're having a fantastic time!

Just a quick note: I believe the brioche with ice cream in France does not count as a snack credit.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hope you have an amazing time. We only have a few says left of our trip with dxddp and we have struggled a lot! By our calculations we will have 6 credits left and think we will use all our snacks so quite pleased with that!

The brioche ice cream sandwich isn’t a snack credit 😢 however the macaroon one is so I’m planning to try that tomorrow!

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma2288
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Hollywood Studios Snacks
HS seems to be a bit lacking in the snack department, if you have any suggestions let me have them
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I had to stop and tell you about the Key Lime Pie on a Stick snack from HS which we got on our trip last week. You can buy it from the same place as the Num Num (which is incredible by the way).

Hope you're having the best time!

Now to carry on reading the rest of your pre-trip...
Emma2288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Have a fantastic time. X
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Ooh I've been looking forward to your report and now I'm so late to the party, I'm sorry! I just read through and I had loads of comments and now I forgot them all haha.

Anyway of course we all knew the lure of ddxp would be too much lol. I keep saying next time we go we'll only do QS as there's sooo many QS places in DS I wanted to try, but the lure of TS is so strong lol.

Okay I have just one criticism of your plans- no key lime pie on a stick at HS?! Lol. I don't know if you've done your Woodys Lunch box meal yet but do try the tomato soup side- sounds odd in the Florida heat but it's amazing dipping the sandwiches in!

Anyway hope you're having an amazing time and working through your food list! Looking forward to reading all about it seeing as I'm incubating a tiny dibber so we won't be going for a good few years

Edited at 09:18 AM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Ooh just found this now Can't wait to read about your eats. Have a great trip
Thank you! Home now and excited to get cracking writing.

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Yay it’s here!

Have a fab time and enjoy every moment.

Can’t wait to read your report when you’re back 😎
Thank yu!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post

Have a great holiday!
We had a fab time, thank you!

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Have a safe flight!
Thanks Lisa, wasn't a big TUI fan!

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Have a fantastic time. x
Thank you x

Originally Posted by ravenwing View Post
Have a wonderful trip!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Following along and looking forward to your review. Enjoying the photos on instagram 😊💕
Thank you!

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Have an amazing time Colette!

So sorry I've been missing on here. I thought I'd subscribed but obviously hadn't xx
You're here, yay!

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Have a fantastic time
Thank you! Hope you've had a fab trip too.

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
I only discovered this thread yesterday after seeing it mentioned on the October thread.
I'm looking forward to reading your full report and hope you're having a fantastic time!

Just a quick note: I believe the brioche with ice cream in France does not count as a snack credit.
I am so happy you're here! I was so sad to find out it wasn't a snack credit.

Originally Posted by princessgem View Post
Hope you have an amazing time. We only have a few says left of our trip with dxddp and we have struggled a lot! By our calculations we will have 6 credits left and think we will use all our snacks so quite pleased with that!

The brioche ice cream sandwich isn’t a snack credit 😢 however the macaroon one is so I’m planning to try that tomorrow!
I'm so excited to read about your trip, I love comparing other DXDP experiences. I'm going to get caught up as soon as I've got this one going.

Originally Posted by Emma2288 View Post
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I had to stop and tell you about the Key Lime Pie on a Stick snack from HS which we got on our trip last week. You can buy it from the same place as the Num Num (which is incredible by the way).

Hope you're having the best time!

Now to carry on reading the rest of your pre-trip...
I did add the Key Lime Pie to my list! Thank you for recommending it.

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
Have a fantastic time. X
Thank you!

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Ooh I've been looking forward to your report and now I'm so late to the party, I'm sorry! I just read through and I had loads of comments and now I forgot them all haha.

Anyway of course we all knew the lure of ddxp would be too much lol. I keep saying next time we go we'll only do QS as there's sooo many QS places in DS I wanted to try, but the lure of TS is so strong lol.

Okay I have just one criticism of your plans- no key lime pie on a stick at HS?! Lol. I don't know if you've done your Woodys Lunch box meal yet but do try the tomato soup side- sounds odd in the Florida heat but it's amazing dipping the sandwiches in!

Anyway hope you're having an amazing time and working through your food list! Looking forward to reading all about it seeing as I'm incubating a tiny dibber so we won't be going for a good few years
I know what you mean about the lure of TS, I think it's partly to do with the planning; when you can book an ADR it makes things seem more concrete but QS is just going with the flow.

Congratulations on the baby news, so exciting. Your baby name thread has made me chuckle, I can't wait to see what you decide on.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Well, we are home. Our flight left Sanford at 5.15pm on Saturday, we got back to Dundee at 8pm on Sunday and went back to work at 9am yesterday. Usually I suffer for days with jetlag but the long travel day and going straight back to work seem to have kept it mostly at bay, fingers crossed! Disney now seems like it was all just a dream. A very good dream!

Now to begin…

PRE-TRAVEL DAY

We had to adjust our travel plans after the sad closure of Thomas Cook which meant flying indirect for the first time since 2015. We were very lucky to get bargain TUI flights from Gatwick to Sanford but of course we had to get to Gatwick from Scotland first. It is pricey to fly to London at short notice!

As the flights were with separate carriers, I wanted to leave plenty of time between them as a buffer, if the worst came to the worst then we could drive down to London overnight so we booked the last BA flight out of Glasgow at 9.45pm.

The drive from Dundee to Glasgow went smoothly despite us hitting Friday rush hour traffic and we arrived at the airport in enough time for some dinner. Glasgow is severely lacking in eateries, they have a Wetherspoons but it isn't encolosed, very busy and made up of a lot of high-top tables, we decided to give it a miss and once again, to my chagrin, ended up at Frankie and Benny’s.

FRANKIE & BENNY'S

I do not like Frankie & Benny’s. We used to go to London a lot and always loved eating in F&B’s but then it came to Dundee and the one here is just not good.

We had plenty of time to kill so planned to go all out, stretch our stomachs for DxDP and have three courses.

I won’t post their menu as it seems to change by the week.

We decided to share two starters between us.

Sticky Chicken Wings served with sour cream and coated in your choice of sauce

Nik loves these and usually will order two portions of them instead of a main. They were very good with a nice crispy skin and a sticky sauce that was generously applied but not so much that they were drowning in it, so thankfully we didn’t make too much of a mess. We had the Nashville Hot ones; the other option is BBQ. They certainly had a kick but they weren’t overly spicy, we actually thought they might have accidentally given us the BBQ ones at one point.

Garlic Pizza Bread baked and loaded with herbs

We added Mozzarella to this. Nik couldn’t decide if he wanted a burger or a pizza for his main, so I said we should share the pizza bread as it is as good as any pizza, he agreed. This is so good and I could eat it as a main and be happy.

For his main Nik had the Nashville Hot Chicken Burger Breaded buttermilk chicken breast with Monterey Jack cheese, gherkin, lettuce, Nashville Hot sauce and mayo

He had been worried he might be overdoing it on the hot sauce but decided to go for it anyway and was glad he did, he really enjoyed his meal. I am sure they had changed the Nashville Hot Sauce in recent years as it is brown now (hence why we thought we had been given barbecue wings) and I am sure it used to be more of an orange colour.

I had Siroin Steak 8oz sirloin steak, sautéed mushrooms, roasted tomato, onion rings and fries You also choose between Garlic Butter and Peppercorn sauce as a topping. I had the Garlic Butter.

This was my go-to meal when we used to frequent F&B and eating it was like going back in time, it was just as good as it used to be. The steak was cooked a perfect medium rare and I love that butter. The fries were hot and crispy, when recent experience leaves me expecting they’ll be soggy and limp.

We were too full for dessert and I wondered what I had let myself in for doing DxDP again.

Dinner with soft drinks came to £63.50, a bit pricey but we airport prisoners. Great start to the trip!

Next, breakfast at Gatwick to kick start the dreaded travel day.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List