Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Oct 19, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bessie
Apprentice Imagineer

I don't drink normal tea or coffee, it's always Lift lemon tea in a jar. A jar goes with me whenever I visit friends, they are used to it now & totally understand, otherwise it would always be a glass of water
Star Island & Westgate Lakes 2 wks Sept 98, Blue Tree Resort 3 wks Sept 99, Blue Tree Resort 3 wks Sept 00, Blue Tree Resort & AMI 3 wks Sept 01, DLP Aug 02, Venetian Bay Villages 2 wks Aug 08, Bella Piazza 2 wks Aug 11 Windsor Hills 3 wks Aug 12, Windsor Hills 2 wks Oct 15 Paradise Palms 2 wks June 2017
Bessie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I drink either French press coffee or coffee from a Nespresso machine at home. Most people here are tea drinkers and only have a jar of instant coffee. When I visit my sister I always bring either Starbucks Via or a bag of ground coffee for a French Press. Unless I know they have real coffee I wont drink coffee in someones house.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't take my own, but I will admit I ask if it's instant and turn it down if it is lol. I'm a bit spoilt at home with my bean to cup!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I would accept what is offered - or if it is something I did not like, have a glass of water. Trouble with all the choices we have nowadays is it makes people fussy.

That can tip over the edge into downright rude - it is OK to say no, it is not really ok to say "I don't like your offerings, do this instead" - which is essentially what taking your own to a friend's house implies. Would people also take their own bit of cake or a biscuit for themselves in case what is being offered does not suit? To me that is the same level of rudeness.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I don't take my own, but I will admit I ask if it's instant and turn it down if it is lol. I'm a bit spoilt at home with my bean to cup!
Haha me too 😂 although it depends who it was to turn it down, sometimes I drink instant out of politeness! I wouldn’t be annoyed if someone bought their own coffee over but yes it is a bit odd lol
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
muffinmclean
Apprentice Imagineer

I don't drink coffee at all, so when I have anyone over, its instant coffee on offer or bring their own

Sorry to ask a daft coffee question, someone mentioned bringing ground coffee from Costa with them, is that not still instant coffee? Never made a coffee that's not out of a jar in my life
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I would not do it personally, I think it's rather rude. But then I am older and was brought up to be grateful for what you're given. I wouldn't be offended tho, just secretly amused and think the guest was being a bit pretentious.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I’ve never done it... I drink coffee and have a couple of cups from my bean to cup in the morning then decaff the rest of the day, (only cos my bladder won’t stand too much caffeine). If I visit someone I accept whatever is offered or ask for water instead... as Sue said I’m old school too and accept whatever is offered...
As a child I was bought up in a pub and lived on pop, when I went to visit a friend I was shocked that they drank water, I thought it was only for washing in! My mum used to tell me I don’t actually remember...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Not at all, some folk are quite fussy with their coffee so I wouldn’t be offended if someone brought their own.

I rarely have coffee at my friends house but I really don’t like it , she pours as soon as the kettle has boiled, uses instant coffee and skimmed milk , in fact I hate it but as I say I very rarely go so it doesn’t affect me.
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post

I used to work for the council as a carpenter in the early 90's, back then most council estates had a happy shopper shop, they used to do a own brand coffee ( it was actually hickory based ) it tasted horrid after a few cups in a day

so If i was asked, i would ask " what coffee is it " as i only like certain types, if it was happy shopper i would give it a swerve, in the end i used to have " coffee machine cups " ( they came in a long tube ) that i had borrowed from the offices and would just ask them to add some water to the cup
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List