Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Pieski2010
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile KLM and delta flights

Hi just booked flights with klm from Newcastle to Amsterdam and delta Amsterdam to Orlando. Has anyone any experience with either airline
Pieski2010 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pieski2010 View Post
Hi just booked flights with klm from Newcastle to Amsterdam and delta Amsterdam to Orlando. Has anyone any experience with either airline
we have booked the same and would also like to know
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi there,

We flew last week from Aberdeen. KLM to amsterdam then Delta to the USA. Its the 2nd time we’ve flown this route and again this time it was really good... nice food choices, loads of choice on the TV and pleasant staff. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again 😃
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We flew Inverness-Amsterdam-Orlando in September. 1st flight was KLM, 2nd was Delta.

Was very happy with the whole journey, both flights went smoothly and staff in both were fantastic and could’nt be more helpful.

I was very impressed and will definitely look to go this route next year with the same flights, highly recommended!
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have flown Delta to the USA several times (and back!).

They are my preferred airline if everything else was equal, route, price etc. The service is good, the fleet huge and thus there is resilience to snags that can beset airline operations from time to time. I particularly like the courteous, no nonsense, no sickly schmaltz attitude of the cabin staff and also their generally greater maturity. IFE is absolutely fine.

Delta does exactly what it says on the box, flying you from a to b, with the minimum of fuss.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:24 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pieski2010
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thanks a lot for reply’s.iv booked through Air France but flight is klm so do I just go to klm desk in Newcastle to drop bags then I won’t see them till Orlando.
Pieski2010 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We did a flight NCL- AMS - USA with KLM and Delta a few years ago. Being honest we couldn't fault it, did the return journey with them too. I think we arrived back into NCL quite early morning which really made a huge difference.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Pieski2010 View Post
Thanks a lot for reply’s.iv booked through Air France but flight is klm so do I just go to klm desk in Newcastle to drop bags then I won’t see them till Orlando.
yes luggage should be checked through to Orlando, on arrival at Amsterdam you just need to go to the gate for the Delta flight
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kiwiinabd View Post
yes luggage should be checked through to Orlando, on arrival at Amsterdam you just need to go to the gate for the Delta flight
We have a 3hr wait between flights - is that enough assuming original flight is on time ?
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
We have a 3hr wait between flights - is that enough assuming original flight is on time ?
yes, that's loads of time as the only thing that is necessary to do on arrival is to find your new gate.

In reality you will have time to go to the shops in the departure lounge, have a meal or drinks etc etc .

Amsterdam airport is fairly unique as flights from the UK deposit the people into the departure area.

I just checked on flightaware.com and for todays flights the arriving flight from Newcastle arrived at gate D5 and the departing flight to MCO left from gate D10

google maps showing gates at Amsterdam airport google/maps/@52.30...2884,18z?hl=en

Edited at 03:41 PM.
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List