Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Feb 18, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

The trip of many changes August 2017 - Day 9 Blizzard Beach and Hollywood Studios

Index here

First thing this morning we had a reservation at 1900 Park Fare. We arrived right on our reservation time and were seated quickly but warned that the Mad Hatter was running a little late and they weren't sure he was going to make it. Seeing as he was the whole reason we had booked this meal it really wasn't what we wanted to hear. Hattie had done Alice in Wonderland as her end of year 6 production and had been hoping to meet the Hatter ever since. Nevertheless we filled up our plates with food hoping he would make it before we left.

We met Alice, Mary Poppins and Pooh.

Then luckily the main man arrived.

We made the decision not to get Pooh and Tigger (who we also met after our meal) to sign today as we had another breakfast with them in another few days time. That was a decision we would live to regret. We did enjoy breakfast here but I'm not sure we'll do it again. It was nice enough but not a definite favourite.

Feeling rather full we left and arrived at Blizzard Beach in plenty of time for opening. We headed straight to the big slides to find on the way that they were issuing return time tickets for Summit Plummet, Slush Gusher and Teamboat springs. The big two were a bit unsure about Summit plummet so we grabbed times as early as possible for them to do Slush Gusher and for Evie to join them on Teamboat Springs. They were done with both by 11.00. Next up was toboggan racer which took a little while but they were still done by 11.30. The girls were fed up with slides and just wanted to get into the lazy river. We all went round twice before hopping out to grab some ice cream treats. Suitably refreshed we spent a while in the big pool. About 1.15 we decided we'd been roasted enough for one day and got changed. We were hoping we might get to meet Kristoph or Olaf while we were here. We waited around the meet spot for a little while and Kristoph soon appeared. There was nobody else waiting so we once again got some great interaction.

We left the park in the mood for a nice lunch. Having already eaten at mara a couple of times we felt like a change and set the destination as POR. Sadly we got slightly lost on the way and it took us a while to make it and the hungry teenager was getting hangry!

Once again we were all impressed by the choice and the food here and had a great meal.

Edited at 10:53 PM.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

After being in the water all morning, not even the girls fancied a trip to the pool this afternoon, so we rested and napped in the room. We nearly stayed put but we had some FP booked at HS so we made the effort to get out.

On our first attempt we managed to drive all the way through the car park and out of the exit without actually parking the car - maybe that was an omen that we shouldn't be there

On the second attempt we managed to leave the car and arrived just in time to see some characters.

As you may remember from earlier in the trip Evie is a big fan of Snow White and Dopey is her favourite dwarf so this was the dream meet for her.

We had FPs for TSMM for the wimps of the family and RRC for the other two. With plans once again made to meet back up at Starbucks we parted company.

We all arrived back at Starbucks and were cutting it fine to see the next showing of The Music of Pixar live which was my only realy goal for the evening. Robyn was desperate to actually get a Starbucks before we went in and I wasn't in the mood for another Hangry teenager incident so I gave in. Unfortunately this meant that by the time we made it to the show, it was standing room only. Although my knee was improving each day I really didn't fancy standing on it for that long so we gave it a miss.

After riding our next FP- Star tours right as it opened at 7.30, we were all getting a bit tired and grumpy so it was time to call it a night.

After arriving back at AKL it was straight to bed for all of us and we passed out almost before our heads hit the pillow.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm glad you met the mad matter after fearing you wouldn't get the chance. Sounds like you had fun at the water park too.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for reading, we did have a great day but I think we should probably have skipped HS.
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

Yay at getting to meet Dopey - Evie looks thrilled.
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Waltdisnae View Post
Yay at getting to meet Dopey - Evie looks thrilled.
I know - that was one of the real magical moments of the trip.
Old 24 Feb 18, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

What a great day with great character meets

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
What a great day with great character meets
Thanks, we were lucky to meet some lovely characters.
Old 2 Mar 18, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I didn't know snow wrote amd the dwarves did meets in HS! What a shame you missed your show!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
I didn't know snow wrote amd the dwarves did meets in HS! What a shame you missed your show!
Luckily we did get to see the show a little bit later on in the holiday.