Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Mar 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
One of my fruit tarts from 2017. Hopefully they're still available and look just as good!
That’s my type of snack I’m still struggling to choose adrs , much easier choosing when oop lol.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
That’s my type of snack I’m still struggling to choose adrs , much easier choosing when oop lol.
Yep, mine too! I really hope it's still there in October🤞
We've done ddp twice and QSDP 3 times, 4th this year, and find it so much easier. Definitely don't miss deciding on adrs and having to be at set places at set times each day.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Mobile

Oooh fantastic! We're also going for 3 weeks on the qsdp so will be following this and taking tips ! We've also booked BOG for our first morning too ...
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 02:40 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Have a fabulous holiday , if and only if you think on and see any healthy stuff could you pop a photo on 😉 and the fruit tart 😉😉 . Looking forward to 21 days of pure heaven 🥰🥰🥰
Looks like you had a good day, and have quickly discovered that you're going to have plenty of credits and food. We find it very liberating to be able to get what we want, whenever we want, without worry about cost and running out of credits as we never have in 5 trips.
Love the ice cream options from the Plaza. They're very filling though. Are you planning on trying Sleepy Hollow at all? I love the fruit and Nutella waffle there. It's not a snack credit, bit you can use a QS credit and get a drink with it. Not the best value, but when you've got so many to use, you don't really need to worry about that do you? Plus, it's yummy!

Shame that the kids didn't like the pizza at CBR. Do you think you'll get over to Spyglasses Grille at all?

Hope you have a good day at HS and manage to get the fruit tart
Thank you
We will definitely be going to sleepy hollow I have been wanting to try the nutella waffle since reading your report.

I do not regret sticking with the QSDP I am really loving the flexibility of the QSDP although I feel like I have been spoilt now staying onsite is really making this holiday so much easier than the offsite trip.

We haven't explored the resort much yet so will hopefully be nipping into spyglass grill at some point.

I tried to get the fruit tart. I totally forgot on the way in and left at around 7.30 so I am hoping it was just too late rather than the fact that they don't do it anymore I will be checking again

I thought the pineapple cake would be nice ☹️ If you want refills for the popcorn the stand outside peck bills sometimes has the maple one .
The cake was ok but a bit drier than I anticipated. I am not really a fan of soft serve so maybe that is part of the reason I wasn't blown over by it. I have seen great reviews about it online som was possibly expecting more than I should have lol.
Thanks for the tip for the maple popcorn (it is the only reason we buy the bucket.

Also just wanted to add that in the Starbucks there were some packaged fruit pieces. I think there were apples in one box and pineapples in another so I presume that they will have that at all of the starbucks.

The fruit at the BOG breakfast contains mostly melon with a few grapes but is very refreshing and delicious. Will keep an eye out for any healthy options for you

Originally Posted by top4 View Post
Oooh fantastic! We're also going for 3 weeks on the qsdp so will be following this and taking tips ! We've also booked BOG for our first morning too ...
BOG was great on the first morning. It was really special to go there and have such a wonderful breakfast .
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Hollywood studios

We started off with having cereals in the room and a lazy morning (we had later fast passes today due to getting the earliest Slinky Dog when we booked FP's and it was at 6.40.
We then decided to head to Disney springs for lunch before heading to HS.
Just a tip here I wouldn't recommend DS for lunch (if heading to a park) as we had to catch a bus to a resort to get to HS. Fortunately, we weren't in any rush.

We went to Candy cauldron to get some treats for after lunch we bought the following to share :
Cotton candy

Rice crispy treat

Mickey cookie.

3 snack credits

We got outside and ended up munching through them pre-lunch.

We were all stuffed after the sweet treats but needed some food that wasn't sugary lol.
We decided to go to blaze The kids chose Pepperoni and DH chose meatball. (He had a beer with his)
I shared with DH.
Blaze is really amazing and delicious we all really enjoyed it. I hope that I am hungry next time as I want a pizza that has some more interesting flavour. I can really see why people rate this so highly.

2QS credits

I had to try the new num num cookie from Neighbourhood bakery in HS.

This was warm and amazing so amazing that DH got another just before we left the park

2 snack credits.

Later we tried Woddy's lunch box. I have been wanting to try the grilled cheese sandwich. We got 3, 2 with tater tots and 1 with tomato and Basil soup.
We got 2 cherry vodka lemonade drinks and the kids specialty drink.
The adult drink was delicious. The children's drink tasted like sherbert (the kids weren't too keen
Apart from G who said that it was too cheesy we all really enjoyed the grilled cheese and the soup to dip it in was delicious

3 QS credits

After we ordered 2 pop tarts with nutella. These were disappointing they were not warm and didn't taste that great imo. Only 1 of us ironically G enjoyed the pop tart but at least she had something other than tater tots to eat lol

2 snack credits

We returned to CBR and ordered a chicken cuban which I enjoyed but everyone else wasn't keen on.
I asked for adult chicken nugget meal which they did and with this ordered 2 tropical coladas. We got htis to take out.

2 QS credits

I drunk mine (love this drink) DH left most of his but I just couldn't finish it.
We have both drink more in the last 2 days than we have in the last 2 years but I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying the drinks on offer (maybe a bit too much lol).

I am desperately waiting for AK it is my favourite park with really lovely looking food but I still have a couple of days to wait (groan)

Tomorrow is Typhoon lagoon and Epcot.

7 snack credits used today 200 remaining
7 QS credits used today 195 remaining

Edited at 02:14 AM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Mobile

Absolutely loving your report so far ! Lots of honest hints and tips ,really don't know how we're going to get down all the credits when we go lol
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Another good day, but I'm now on tenterhooks about my fruit tart! I hope it's still there🙏🤞🙏🤞
Blaze is a firm favourite of ours. It's a bit like the Subway of pizza and I love that you can get your own made up. I always do that and throw all the veges I can see on it - tasty and healthy (or healthier) yum!
I've never eaten a pop tart, but serving them cold just seems wrong. I have read that the fillings can get super hot though, so I wonder if that's why - to avoid potential burns and law suits?
Hope you have a good day at TL

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
That Mickey cookie is huge . We all love blaze , it’s great place and the pizzas are fantastic . I want a num num cookie , they look soooooo good .

Thank you for looking for the healthy stuff 😘😘
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Another good day, but I'm now on tenterhooks about my fruit tart! I hope it's still there🙏🤞🙏🤞
Blaze is a firm favourite of ours. It's a bit like the Subway of pizza and I love that you can get your own made up. I always do that and throw all the veges I can see on it - tasty and healthy (or healthier) yum!
I've never eaten a pop tart, but serving them cold just seems wrong. I have read that the fillings can get super hot though, so I wonder if that's why - to avoid potential burns and law suits?
Hope you have a good day at TL
Youve never had a pop tart 😱😱😱😱😱😱 lol . They stopped selling them here for the burn reason I think back in the 80’s but they are back on the shelves now wth warnings on and I think not as much filling as when we were kids.
Bet you are eyeing up that num num cookie though 😉😂😂😂
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Really enjoying your report 😊