Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 May 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
We were talking about that today - what happens if you can’t make it in due to illness?
In my experience as a teacher if an exam is missed and supported by a dr’s note they go on the other papers sat, predicted grades and teacher judgement. I’ve had to give students who I would assess as above/ below the missing student.
This is a few years ago though so might have changed.

I once had an A* student who missed an exam due to a migraine. I did the above and he got his A*.
Old 18 May 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
In my experience as a teacher if an exam is missed and supported by a dr’s note they go on the other papers sat, predicted grades and teacher judgement. I’ve had to give students who I would assess as above/ below the missing student.
This is a few years ago though so might have changed.

I once had an A* student who missed an exam due to a migraine. I did the above and he got his A*.
That’s quite reassuring. I did ring the GP and they said the earliest they could see him was 3 June! Erm, not really helpful. He’s a bit brighter this morning but if he still not right by Monday, I’ll try the GP again.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
DS has revision sessions at school tomorrow and his next exams are on Tuesday, Maths and Geography. I’ve just been revising Geography with him and my god it’s mind numbingly boring! Now I remember why I chose History back in the day.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

RE exam 2/2 tomorrow for DS and 1st maths paper on Tuesday. He’s nervous about maths as he’s been put in for the higher paper, but is worried in case he doesn’t get the ‘C’ equivalent (as then it’s a fail). Fingers crossed for him & everyone else - I think maths is a subject that many find difficult. 🤞
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’ve stayed as far away as possible from my 2 this weekend as I’m ill and don’t want to infect them.
Next week is another week with at least one exam each day for my two. RS on Monday, maths and geography on Tuesday, physics Wednesday, English lit on Thursday and finally product design on Friday. It’s all go isn’t it?
Old 19 May 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This week is a really easy one for DD she’s only got 3! Maths, Physics and English Lit. They really ramp up after half term though with 2 exams most days

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

philosophy tomorrow for ds, then maths and geography on Tuesday
good luck all xx
Old 19 May 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

This week is starting how last week did with RS. Exams Mon-Thurs (2 on Wednesday) then on Friday she has her first day off in two weeks.
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jagmate
Getting Excited

I've been staying away from DS this weekend as well for the same reason. I work in a primary school and there's a really nasty cold and sore throat doing the rounds so I've told both of my kids to take their vitamins, eat sensibly and stay away from me until I feel better! DS also has Maths (non-calc) on Tuesday, Physics on Wednesday, Eng Lit on Thursday (he's ready to burn those books and notes when he's done!) and Product Design on Friday. We're hoping that he just gets a decent pass for that last one as he's admitted that he wishes he'd done Geography instead. He seemed reasonably happy with the ones he did last week (Bio, Eng Lit and Chem) although that makes me feel nervous as he's really not the best judge of how he's done. I really feel that I've never known real stress in my life until right now! Roll on end of exams. He's off to India with school after the exams are done (it was meant to be Sri Lanka but …) and then doing NCS so hopefully that will keep his mind off results day until it arrives!
Jagmate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jagmate
Getting Excited

Week 2/3 looming! Good luck everyone!
Jagmate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List