Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 May 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Dizzy View Post
My DD is doing her GCSEs as well this year. She has already done two Food and Nutrition practicals earlier this year and her German speaking last week. RS is her first exam next week.

She's been attending the school revision classes when she can and has been revising. I tell her that only she knows if she is revising enough. When she opens her results the last thing she wants to feel is disappointed because she could have done better with more revision. She is always anxious over exams so I'm going to get her some Bach's Rescue Remedy as it seemed to help her with her SATs.

My DS is in Year 9 and is currently doing his end of year exams. He has done absolutely no revision whatsoever despite my nagging, but knowing him he will do well. He never worries about exams and most of the time it comes naturally to him. Its so unfair on my DD who tries so hard.

Good luck everyone
This is exactly my 2! DS also year 9 and doing end of year exams is bone idle when it comes to revising but I just know he’ll get great results. Not fair is it

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
My son has hardly done any either aside from after school and I am sick of nagging so now it’s down to him . He did fairly well in mocks without revision so feels he will be fine which was the exact thing I didn’t want to happen.
This is exactly my son! I’m sick of hearing my own voice asking him if he’s done or planning to do any revision. I know all he’s doing at school now is going over everything they have already learnt I just hope it’s going to be enough.
Camsmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
x_Ange_x
Apprentice Imagineer

My DD started her written GCSE's with Maths yesterday. She did her 10 hour art exam before easter and has done some stuff for her music and welsh. she was on a college course doing hair and beauty as one of her options and got the equivalent of 2 GCSE's in that (not sure of the grade yet but apparently she has done very well).

Shehas been stressed due to the amount of coursework needed for art and having had a lot of time off ill has been playing catch up.

She has been offered a conditional place at BIMM college in Manchester and has her heart set on it so i'm hoping and praying she has done enough to get the required grades.

Its such a stressful time for them.

Her reward for it it all is Prom on the 19th June followed by 17 nights in Florida flying out on 20th June (staying 14 nights on Anna Maria Island so full on relxation)

Good luck to all fellow GCSE dibbers !
Oct 14 Villa, HRH, AMI - Oct 16 Villa, HRH, AMI
OCT 18 Villa, AMI- June 2019 R&R AMI 17 nights
x_Ange_x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter did her extra maths one yesterday but she is not confident about that one and she wishes she had not signed up for it. The rest start on Monday and she has 20 to sit.
We have told her to do her best and what will be will be. I am confident she will pass everything, I do wish she would have knuckled down sooner to study (only just started) but it is what it is.
If she gets worked up or stressed her bloods go all over the place and makes her ill.
Good luck to everyone x x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Just wanted to say I feel stressed for you all. This will be me in 2 years
Good luck to you all x
Old 9 May 19, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sarah4dogs
Excited about Disney

Ahhh good luck to all. We had a History exam this morning (and Spanish speaking was last week). An accident on the A303 had a knock on effect on local traffic and it took almost an hour and half to get the 10 miles to school. DS made it by the skin of his teeth and seemed unaffected by it. Us parents were obviously wrecks!

It all starts full on next week. God know how he’s going to cope with writing so much in one go. He will have a claw hand. One day he has 3 exams due to a clash. Maybe all the xboxing will have prepared him?!
sarah4dogs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
My twin DD's had theirs in 2017, and are now gearing up for A levels in a couple of weeks. In 2017 we booked to fly out a few days after their last exam (as we have this year) so that gave them something nice to look forward to (plus flights a bit cheaper mid June!). All we have ever said to any of them is just try your hardest, that's all we ask.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Hello! Another frazzled GCSE mum here.
Ds as is first exam (computer science) on Monday, first of 21.
He as done so much revising but the anxiety for him is kicking in now. I have bought him some rescue remedies (herbal) which he says helps. He as is heart set on a Sheffield UTC college. Lots of beer will be drunk over the next few weeks. (Me not ds lol)

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I can tell my son is on exam
leave, he has just been food shopping with me and my trolley 🛒 was about £60 more than normal 🙄 I was hoping he would go to school to revise as his lunch is paid for there 😬
Old 10 May 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Mobile

Our study leave hasn’t started yet.

I can guarantee that my shopping will cost more once she finishes.
kathrynmc is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List