Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jun 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

The Hand & Flowers pub in Marlow?

Anyone been here please? DH is eyeing it up for our Anniversary meal, I assume it's lovely?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile

Not been but a friend has, said it was lovely but not cheap. The only thing you have to watch is they only release reservations so far in advance and you pretty well have to book the day your date is released or at worst you won't get it, at best you will get a really rubbish reservation time

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Nic1982
Getting Excited

Mobile

We have been a couple of times, including one where we stayed there overnight. It was absolutely lovely both times and I would highly recommend it. We saw Tom Kerridge both times too, which was a nice added extra.
Nic1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Been twice for lunch. Lovely food, but very expensive. However, would go again.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Loved it! Would go again if I could get a reservation!
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Very nice lunch and relaxed informal surroundings, glad I didn't order a starter as the complimentary appetizer was huge!
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

I went for dinner for my 50th birthday -had to book a year in advance and the rooms were already booked up! Marlow is a lovely town as well.
Had a lovely evening and the food was fantastic
Hope you get in!
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

We’ve been 5-6 times.

You used to have to book a year in advance, at 9am on the day that reservations for the day you wanted were released!
You can now only book 6 months in advance.

The food is fantastic with amazing service but as others have said, it’s not cheap.

We decided to cancel our last 2-3 reservations as we got bored of the menu!
They may change 1 or 2 dishes every few months or so but on the whole, the entire menu feels the same as it did 5-6 years ago.
No problem for a once only or second visit but having eaten all the dishes that appealed on previous visits with the wow feeling we got with each new dish, we could no longer justify the expense for the relatively ‘same old, same old’!

But, it is an experience with lovely food.

Edited at 05:18 AM.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Thank you all

Yes the website is booking 6 months ahead, I'll give them a call and see about room reservations also, any recommendations? I like the sound of Braeburn in Apple House.

It's not until March next year, we're currently undecided about whether to spend a weekend here or go for a cheapie week / few days away somewhere.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List