Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jul 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Dog lovers thread... my poor Mertie...

We took our 3 to a local massive park today as Nala loves to play with other dogs. Douglas has his usual little walk as he is disabled but does love a little ramble, whilst Myrtle as usual, tried to climb everything and just get nosey with everyone. The Cricket club stairs etc... are her favourite climb.

Well a lovely couple came over and she said she absolutely loved Bullies so Myrtle came down the stairs and had a massive cuddle. Next, she came over to Mr. Douglas and had another cuddle and we had a quick chat. Well about 5 minutes later, a woman came over and ran up to us saying had we got another Bull Terrier as she was in the lake, couldn't get out and had gone under once or twice.

I flew, running with Douglas in the pram, threw it at my husband, laid on the side of the bank and grabbed her by the collar and dragged her out.
Poor baby, was so shaken up... covered in Pond weed and so stressed.
We took her to the Park café bought a couple of cups of tea and cake, which she devoured and recovered nicely.

When we came home, we bathed Mert and decided to do all of them as they are all due for a wash.

Anyone who is a friend to me on the dibb, when my beautiful babies go...…. NO MORE DOGS, absolutely NO MORE DOGS !
They are a bloomin nightmare. xxx

P.s. at the moment she is busily humping her Frozen Olaf...… unaware of the havoc she has caused...
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh no poor Myrtle. Glad she has recovered now. Sending her love. Thank goodness the lady saw her in the lake.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

What a shock for you both, poor Myrtle. Glad she’s ok.

I know what you mean, our fur babies are such a worry sometimes.

We’ve just been away for a week, our boy was left with my parents so he was truly spoilt but I still couldn’t help worrying about him!
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Poor myrtle and poor you what a shock... Maybe poor olaf too 😂😂
She sounds like alls well now though x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Poor Mrytle, glad she is ok. Did she really have a cup of tea afterwards?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Poor Mrytle, glad she is ok. Did she really have a cup of tea afterwards?
Our dogs have everything we have, I am their personal cook, as for the tea, they have some of ours, not a whole cup. They did all share a coconut slice.

Shes out sleeping on the sunchair now... blooming rascal.

x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Bless her, glad the tea and cake did the job.

Do you follow super cooper on Facebook? Your adventures could rival them
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I know you say no more dogs but it seems so sad when so many need homes and you have so much love to give them.
That said I enjoy holidays much more now I have no cats and dogs to spoil my build up with guilt and the niggle at the back of my mind all the time so I'm in no position to lecture you.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Oh for goodness sake, bloody dogs, why the hell do they do these things, oh yes its just to scare the dam life out of us!

'Anyone who is a friend to me on the dibb, when my beautiful babies go...…. NO MORE DOGS, absolutely NO MORE DOGS !
They are a bloomin nightmare'

I shall remind you of this a some future distant date!

All being well we will be at Fishermans Return in October for a couple of nights, maybe get to see you and your lot there for a walk on the beach?
Old 10 Jul 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Oh for goodness sake, bloody dogs, why the hell do they do these things, oh yes its just to scare the dam life out of us!

'Anyone who is a friend to me on the dibb, when my beautiful babies go...…. NO MORE DOGS, absolutely NO MORE DOGS !
They are a bloomin nightmare'

I shall remind you of this a some future distant date!

All being well we will be at Fishermans Return in October for a couple of nights, maybe get to see you and your lot there for a walk on the beach?
Pat, when are you there ?