Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 31 Aug 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Brought To Young The Letters A, J and R and The Number 3 - Day 11 Animal Kingdom & Galaxys Edge

I was awake just before 8.00 and made coffee. I had a quick browse to see if there was anymore hurricane Dorian news. At present it’s due to hit Florida on Monday September 2nd. The day we are due to fly home.

There was a knock at the door at 08.45. It was house keeping. I asked for an extra hour. This woke Alex and Mona! I had a quick catch up with my daughter at home and then we all got ready to go. We were heading to Animal Kingdom.

On the tram

Walking in we saw Kevin from Up

Our first fast pass was for flight of passage and opened at 10.20 so we headed here stopping for a photo as we neared the ride.

I checked the wait time of the boat ride as we left. It was 40 minutes and so we decided to head to Asia to ride Everest as stand by. I did have a fast pass for after lunch so it would be no big deal if the stand by wait was too long.

We passed an Up show which we’ve not before seen. Alex and I wanted to stop and watch for a sit down more than anything. Ramona didn’t and so continued walking. I explained that we were exhausted and just wanted a rest. She would not come to watch. We headed towards Everest I told her to go on as a single rider as I needed to sit and cool off. Alex said he wasn’t going to ride. Ramona didn’t want to go alone, apologising about the show saying let’s go back and watch! I explained that I actually did not have the energy to walk back on myself. We joined the ride line. It showed a half an hour wait but was quick and we walked straight through the line only slowing just before loading. It was as always a good ride.

From Everest we walked to Dinosaur. We stopped for a photo pass on the way.

I do like Dinosaur. In 2003 we visited Animal Kingdom for the first time and lined up for this. Our children were almost 8 and 4. A lady approached us who had just ridden and told us it was horrible and would terrify the children. We left the line! We then tried to ride again in 2010 but Ramona was too short! We finally managed to ride in 2012 and it’s become a favourite of mine.

As we left Dinosaur we stopped for at the Wilderness Explorers station. I had checked Ramona’s book was in the backpack before we left today. Alex had then checked the backpack after me removing the book. So we are collecting stickers to add to the book later.

From Dinosaur Ramona completed her first ever pin trade. She has inherited a lot of her older siblings bits and bobs and had quite a collection of pins which she brings out every year but usually forgets to take out to the parks. She was thinking today though and packed the lanyard in her bag. We don’t really know the pin trading etiquette but she completed a trade outside Dinosaur and another in the shop by the Dinorama.

We left this area of the park walking back to Asia as had a Yak n Yeti reservation. This is a favourite of mine. We were seated after a short wait in a not so great location. We were just as you enter the restaurant and had an audience of people sitting/standing waiting for their tables that had filtered through from the check in area. We also had a lady perform a back and forth manoeuvre in a mobility scooter trying to park right next to our table . Each time she reversed the loudest beeping was projected. It took her some time going back and forth to get parked correctly. A server then asked her to move the scooter over so she had to begin all over. This was both hilarious and annoying at the same time.

To eat I went for the crab cakes and pineapple upside down cake. I usually have the mango pie and should of stuck with what I know! Alex had lobster noodles and Mona chicken tikka masala. She removed all of the chicken as said it was rubbery and ate the paste and chapati.

It really rained during our meal but had completely stopped by the time we left. I had begun to feel a bit unwell after eating but this luckily passed.

We stopped in the shop on the way out. I bought a book which logs all of Walt Disney Worlds history with ride openings and changes. I have been after something like this for a few years and am really looking forward to reading when I get home.

Galaxys Edge in Hollywood Studios had opened this morning. I had checked the app which showed that entry times were being issued unless a reservation was held. To gain entry you had to join a boarding group but could only do this in the park. As we had finished our lunch the app had showed that boarding was no longer restricted. We had planned to visit today and so decided to head straight over from Animal Kingdom. Ramona was not too happy but we promised we were only going to take photos as the ride wait was over 2 hours long.

We drove over and parked up arriving just after 3.30pm. We headed into the park and had a fast pass taken with a dated photo prop.

We then walked around and went into Galaxies Edge.

We were handed a little map. It looked absolutely amazing and we could not stop taking photos of everything!

We had photo-pass pictures taken and looked in all of the shops.

We bought diet cokes which came in little round themed bottles and continued around the whole land.

We had an amazing time! Galaxy’s Edge is fantastic.

We stopped to buy a Galaxy’s Edge commemorative pin. And Ramona stopped for a Starbucks Frappuccino.

On leaving the park we were handed commemorative park maps being given out for today only.

We left via Target to get water, milk, English muffins and some cereal. Customers were being allowed to buy 2 cases of water per family. We bought 1 as had run out. We are due to leave on Monday, the day the hurricane is due to hit.

We have been in Florida before during a hurricane but feel a little different this time as are due to check out on Monday and could be room less if our flight is grounded.

Ramona and me popped into the dollar tree. Ramona bought some little pots for slime.

We headed back to the resort arriving at 7pm ish. After a short break Ramona and Alex went to the Paddock Pool taking the laundry. They brought dinner back from the pool bar, they had called to see if I wanted anything. I ate the left overs from yesterday! Ramona had ordered a kids meal and chose a side of grapes for me, they came in a tiny bag and were a lovely treat!

We headed back to Disney Springs as needed to get something from Sephora, I also wanted to pop into Ghirardelli for a browse. We didn’t walk today as all have blistered feet! We collected the drying on the way.

I got what I needed in Sephora. Ramona loves this shop as make up is her favourite. She had a proper browse! We then popped into the Lego store. We went into Ghirardelli chocolate shop. We were going to buy the 3 for 2 bags but the flavours weren’t so great so like last year we got 2 tins which worked out at 2 For $22 dollars plus 3 little bags. We were unable to mix quick service and snack credits so used 2 quick service credits. Mona and I walked up to Goofy’s candy store and bought 2 Goofy’s glaciers. An orange one for me and a raspberry one for Mone. These were delicious and really hit the spot!

We walked back to the car and then stopped by registration as wanted to clear the bill so far. The staff are so lovely here and the lady who served us asked if we’d been to Star Wars and how was it. She then went and got to big reels of Star Wars stickers and tore us loads off. On the drive back to the room we had our yearly discussion about everything being so expensive here. This has nothing to do with the current awful exchange rate. I think as we’ve aged our memories are stuck on our first trip in 1997 with a 1 year old. Park tickets were about $40 and the baby was free!

On returning to the room I was able to rejig tomorrow’s fast passes to Sunday. There is no way we will be able to visit a park in the early part of the day.

Edited at 02:02 PM. Reason: Double picture post
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List