Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Oct 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Resonably priced hotel for 1 night on arrival day (Orlando)

We fly into Tampa and then planning to drive straight up to Orlando and we need to find a hotel for 1 night as we are booked in at Coronado Springs the next day. Idea being to get a good nights sleep and early start the next day.

I want one thats reasonably priced but in a decent location which feels safe and clean. Preferably with some restaurants close by.

Any suggestions Dibbers?
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi in essence loads. But for us if possible just go a night earlier and check in.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We stayed the night at the Ramada on IDive this Aug. It was £60 for the 4 of us including a decent buffet breakfast and free parking.
Nothing special, but clean and ideal when arriving in the evening and simply propositioning.

Just N of Sandlake Rd and obviously loads of restaurants in walking distance.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:19 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Mobile

Stayed at The Hawthorne Suites on Palm Parkway Lake Buena Vista a couple of times.
No frills but reasonable price,clean and in a great location.
Nice big suites.
Do check out Tripadvisor reports !
Saves an expensive Disney Hotel for the first night.
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Carolynmf
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
We like the Sheraton four points on international drive. Easy to find when it is dark and you are tired. Red lobster opposite and ihop next door.
Carolynmf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Carolynmf View Post
We like the Sheraton four points on international drive. Easy to find when it is dark and you are tired. Red lobster opposite and ihop next door.
I love your comment about it being easy to find ! I can picture it now, shame I’m not driving past on my way to the outlets.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I’d want somewhere on the south west corner of WDW say west 192 because that means you’ll arrive at your hotel more quickly from Tampa, and be close to CSR in the morning. Loads of restaurants there too.

Personally I would not want to drive past WDW to I Drive after a ling flight and then turn around in the morning and drive back to WDW.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
The Clarion on Palm Parkway is very inexpensive. We have always found it safe and clean although in no sense luxurious. It is next to Cicis and in walking distance of a wide range of other restaurants . Disney Springs is also very close.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Red lion on the 192 West. Just off the i4 coming from Tampa and only about 15, min drive to WDW.
You avoid going back on the i4 by taking world drive. Clean, good sized rooms, next to Walmart, and opposite 7/11, Bob Evans, perkins
CarsonMac is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
barbie5
Apprentice Imagineer

Doubletree by hilton at tampa airport, they have a free airpor shuttle as well, we are usual pick up the car the next morning when we fly into tampa and as we are awake early the next day we are usually on the road by 7am.

Chris
barbie5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List