Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 5 Feb 11, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hurrah it's the Dibb Queen of Foodie reports back again!

And what a fantastic start!

So, so looking forward to this, Su, it's a shame you can't get it all finished by the 10th when we book for August though!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 11, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm so hungry after reading this, can't wait to hear more, we also found Artist's Palette one of the best CS restaurants.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 11, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Hey Flossy

LOL The old Queen keeps going...

I must say you are doing a fabulous job of the food reporting yourself!

You are a worthy successor Flossy!

It's not been the best of years and I've missed out on a lot of Dibbing, so it's fantastic to return and see so many new reporters on here nowadays.
Old 5 Feb 11, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I'm so excited that your food report is back for the next installment. I can't wait fpr each update!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 11, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Clair - Artist's Pallette is is fab isn't it? Everything tasted really fresh and the CM's were so friendly and helpful.

Jo - I'll try and post an update before Paul starts calling for my attention (and food) I'm going to post Grand Flo Cafe next.

Thanks for reading along
Old 5 Feb 11, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Grand Floridian Cafe - Grand Floridian

The Grand Floridian Cafe has an old-fashioned air about it. It’s not stuffy at all, quite the opposite in fact – I mean it's old fashioned in a pretty, elegant, nostalgic kind of way.
The dining room is such a bright and airy space, flooded with light from the many floor to ceiling windows. The room is made even prettier by the magnificent floral arrangements dotted around and a fresh, fragrant rose on every table.

I ordered the Fish of the Day. Today’s offering was Halibut served with Corn Hash, Basil Mash and Tomato Sauce.

The hash was really delicious, it was made with fresh corn, sweet smoky bacon and tiny silverskin onions (it usually has shrimp as well but I wasn’t in a shrimp mood, so Chef kindly cooked me up some without). The basil mash had a good flavour but the texture was a bit gluey and there was far too much tomato sauce on the plate. The halibut tasted lovely and fresh, though perhaps a tad overcooked for my personal taste.

Paul had the veggie pasta. The tomato/basil/cream sauce was good, but he said there weren’t as many veggies as there usually is, so he got a bit bored with it after a while.

Orecchiette Pasta of the Day

Dessert fared better. I mean, how could this delicious Dessert Platter disappoint? This dessert is designed for sharing, which suits us both very well. I have a nibble or two of everything on the plate, and Paul scoffs the rest!

Dessert Sampler - Lemon Cheesecake, Chocolate Mousse, Key Lime Tart and Tiramisu

Old 5 Feb 11, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
ooh fab, a new food report from Su...when I saw this thread I decided to have my tea before I looked so glad I did, those omlettes look delicious as do the sandwiches
looking forward to more...
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 11, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto66
Imagineer

Brilliant I love your food reports! Loved the food court at SSR last year.
Old 5 Feb 11, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Lovely reports as always Su.

I love looking at Paul's Veggie meals. They always look so tasty.

Looking forward to more...
Old 5 Feb 11, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
TracyW
Imagineer

Ooo, I love the look of the dessert platter!

Amerihost Resort 2002, ASMovies May/June 2004, AKL 7/8 June 2004, ASMovies April 2006, DLRP Explorers Hotel Nov 2006, CB Aug 2008, Sequoia Lodge DLRP Aug 2009, POR Oct 2011, West Coast 2013, POR 2015, AMI 2015, DLC 2017, POR 2023
TracyW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List