Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 5 May 11, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bradleysmummy
Imagineer

Bradleysmummy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Wedding Destination Help Please...

Mods, I wasn't sure what forum to put this in so sorry if its in the the wrong place!

Well the story goes, we have been waiting months for the 2012 Thomson brochures to be released as my sister wants to get married in Cuba next June, we found the perfect hotel in the perfect location and it all seemed perfect, so today comes we're all ready to book pending prices and now we have been told that NO ONE is flying there after this year

My sister is devastated as not only was it stunning, it was in a price bracket that every one could afford. This place looked like something closer to the Seychelles or Maldives than Cuba without the huge price tag, we were looking at about £1000-£1100 each person max.

So now I need to ask my fellow dibbers, have you been anywhere in Florida/California etc that has a beautiful hotel on the beach with white sands and amazing blue seas that we can look at as an alternative. We've all been trying to get her to change her mind to Florida anyway but she wasn't keen
Bradleysmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 11, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Have you been told why all the tour operators are pulling out of Cuba?
My Niece is planning her wedding for January 2013 and she's quite keen on Mexico.
She has also looked at the Bahamas and getting wed whilst on a cruise.
Good luck with your search.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 11, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
joshmadty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bradleysmummy View Post
Mods, I wasn't sure what forum to put this in so sorry if its in the the wrong place!

Well the story goes, we have been waiting months for the 2012 Thomson brochures to be released as my sister wants to get married in Cuba next June, we found the perfect hotel in the perfect location and it all seemed perfect, so today comes we're all ready to book pending prices and now we have been told that NO ONE is flying there after this year

My sister is devastated as not only was it stunning, it was in a price bracket that every one could afford. This place looked like something closer to the Seychelles or Maldives than Cuba without the huge price tag, we were looking at about £1000-£1100 each person max.

So now I need to ask my fellow dibbers, have you been anywhere in Florida/California etc that has a beautiful hotel on the beach with white sands and amazing blue seas that we can look at as an alternative. We've all been trying to get her to change her mind to Florida anyway but she wasn't keen
which hotel was it?
I have just been on Thomson site and there was bookings that could be made for june 2012.

Edited at 11:06 AM.
joshmadty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 11, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Virgin Holidays have Cuba on sale for 2012. Take a look at Sri Lanka as it's a great value for money tropical destination.

Edited at 11:10 AM. Reason: further info added.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 11, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

I cannot for the life of me imagine this scenario.

Cuba is a very popular destination with no political or social problems bad enough to cause a cessation of tourist flights. I think you are being hoaxed.
Old 5 May 11, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
joshmadty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Greyfriars View Post
I cannot for the life of me imagine this scenario.

Cuba is a very popular destination with no political or social problems bad enough to cause a cessation of tourist flights. I think you are being hoaxed.
totally agree.
cuba still for sale on all sites ive looked at for 2012
Old 5 May 11, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bradleysmummy
Imagineer

Bradleysmummy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Thomson are still selling one part of Cuba, I've looked at the prices for that, but the particular place we were planning on going Cayo Santa Maria, flights have been withdrawn from London airports, the Thomson agent said that Cuba has not really taken off for some reason, however we have just found out that we could go to the same place if we fly from Manchester, which sounds a little strange too.

She's gone out to get some brochures, but no where has any! She's been to Thomas Cook, Thomson and Co Op

We might look at Mexico or Dominican Republic
Bradleysmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 11, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread