Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jun 12, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

They aren't the latest fashion by any means but they so stop your feet from getting burnt - they are a necessity for when we go in August as the waterparks are full of concrete flooring and the bottom of the pools can be sharp too. They don't hinder you on the water rides at all either. We were actually near to Blizzard Beach last year and I remember the bag with all 4 pairs in was still in the utility room, we went back to the villa and got them, they are needed that much!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 12, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
I like my swim shoes, not so much for the bottom of the pools but more to stop the soles of my feet being burnt. You won't feel out of place because lots of people will be wearing them. The rest of my family also have some but they won't be seen dead in them so they prefer to hop from puddle to puddle to keep their feet cool. Personal preference really, not absolutely necessary but useful to have.

Debra
Old 24 Jun 12, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post

We've not been for 5 years and DH was the only one that wore them last time. I wondered why DH was so happy when I dragged the cases out last week and he found his pair in them (I'm sure I saw tears of joy! ) I will be buying some for the kids but think I'll give them a miss. Me is a cozzie is not a great look without adding shoes to the mix!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 12, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post

We took them for the 3 years we went, but only wore them in the first year. The children (age 15) just can't be bothered! And you have to cart them around everywhere. I think they will be staying at home next year. We go in July / Aug and yes it is hot... but we still cant be bothered, and most of the pathways etc are wet from sprays etc.
Old 24 Jun 12, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
brhrar
Imagineer

brhrar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We tried them before but (don't know if they were really cheap ones) the inner sole came out so they were no use. Have they improved?
2014 Dibb Sunset Lakes 2015 Sunset Lakes 2016 Windsor Palms 2018 Clear Creek 2019 Dibb High Grove
brhrar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 12, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Howleytronix
Getting Excited

So in relation to the shoes - You are at the top of Slusher Gusher - do you take them off and launch them down first? Or leave them on?! I was thinking about Crocs. But you can't really 'swim' in them can you? And flip flops will just flop off down the creek?!
Howleytronix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 12, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ali-s View Post
Aldi have them on offer today - £3.99 adults, £2.99 kids.
thanks, just popped out and bought some
Old 24 Jun 12, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post

oh yes definitely...well worth the money
Old 24 Jun 12, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubba31
Dibbing with Tink

Definitely wear them on kids as the ground can be very hot, not seen many adults with them on though no be honest. I normally wear flip flops to go between my lounger and the water but don't wear them in the pool. Hope this helps.
Bubba31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 12, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Howleytronix View Post
So in relation to the shoes - You are at the top of Slusher Gusher - do you take them off and launch them down first? Or leave them on?! I was thinking about Crocs. But you can't really 'swim' in them can you? And flip flops will just flop off down the creek?!
that's why you need swimshoes rather than flip flops or crocs. The swimshoes stay on all the tiem, but you have to take crocs off.

We got some from Walmart. My kids used to object to wearing them but I found some that opened right up with velcro so they were easier to get on and they were happy to wear those.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread