Old 23 Nov 12, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
DH went for the mom’s favourites sampler. He hated the meatloaf (like pedigree chum dogfood he said) and thought the chicken and pot roast ok.

DD went for nuggets and fries. She has never liked the kids nuggets at Disney and still didn’t.

For dessert we tried a boston crème parfait, brownie sundae and DD had a make your own sundae.

The decor was fun and we enjoyed the tv table. The food was ok but too heavy/greasy for so early in the day with hindsight. DH didn’t like it at all so I suspect we wont go back. I would go back but have a different main course.

Used 3 TS credits

Snacks

2 cokes from min and bill’s dockside diner before the parade – cm was new and very slow and gave me diet coke by mistake (2 snack credits)
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 12, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Dinner

Hollywood Brown Derby

Rating Good

We had a fantasmic package adr for 4.05pm. As we were on the deluxe dining plan it made no difference to us but on ddp the fantasmic package gives you appetiser, main and dessert for your credits.

This turned out to be much better than we were expecting.

It was very cool and calm in the restaurant. I liked the decor. We had a lovely server who made a fuss of DD. We paid an extra $5 for an Evie starlight drink for DD – it came with a flashing glowcube. The server brought DD a light up ariel and buzz as well. This kept DD entertained all meal. Myself and DH had coke to drink.

This was our first time here. We had rolls and butter to start. I tried the cobb salad which was tasty but a bit wet due to the lettuce being so finely chopped. DH had a mixed greens salad which he liked.

For our main courses DD opted for the tempura fish with chips (crisps). There was a mix up and they brought a grilled cheese but they swapped it. She enjoyed the fish but not the crisps which were the dry oven baked sort.

DH went for the bison but with risotto not truffle croquettes. He was glad he tried this – even though it was served rare.

I went for the 8oz filet with pancetta and corn risotto. The steak was delicious – the best filet I had all trip (and I had a few). The risotto was ok – wasn’t wowed by this – bit plain. I ended up sharing the filet with DH and DD who also loved it.

For dessert I tried and loved the signature grapefruit cake. It was very light and not too sweet – I do enjoy grapefruit though. DH had a banana dessert he liked.

DD went for the hidden treasures – ice cream and jelly worms hidden under a cookie.

Used 6 TS credits

We were also given a pass for priority seating to Fantasmic at 7.30pm. The show ended up being cancelled due to the threat of hurricane Sandy – we were told the pass was good for 5 days as it has been cancelled. It did rain really heavily that evening (we went to the outlet mall instead) so it was the correct decision to cancel.

Edited at 01:40 AM.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 12, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
Just catching up, keep em coming!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 12, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm so glad it wasn't just me who hated the meatloaf - it was awful when I had it. I can't believe how fast your DD is growing up between each report you know!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 12, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Breakfast

Chef Mickey’s, Contemporary resort

Rating Very Good

We started the day early with a 7am adr at Chef Mickey’s. This was our third time eating here all at 7am.

The reason we enjoy it so early is all the food is very fresh and it’s not too busy or noisy. I know Chef Mickey’s gets bad reviews but we have always really enjoyed it and to me it is just Disney – all the main characters and a fun atmosphere. Also DD and I love the contemporary with the monorail going through.

We checked in and had our photo taken with the Mickey statue. As we had photopass + this was included. They brought it to us during the meal, I just showed the card and we were given a bag with the photo package in.

We were seated in a room to one side, where we were seated last year.

We all enjoyed the food – plenty of choice. DH especially enjoyed the cheese potatoes.

We met Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto.

Every so often the characters dance and everyone waves napkins.

Used 3 TS credits
Old 23 Nov 12, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Snack

DH needed a snack and got a citrus swirl from Sunshine Terrace.

Used 1 Snack credit

Lunch

Liberty Square Market

I got a baked potato for 1 snack credit from liberty square market – came with butter, sour cream and grated cheese. This made a change and was a good use of a snack credit.

Columbia Harbour House

DH and DD shared some adult chicken nuggets and fries which I paid cash for. I also got some extra fries and a drink for 2 snack credits. We all ate together in liberty tree tavern.

Snacks

Plaza ice cream parlour

We shared two ice cream sundaes in waffle bowls – these were great value for a snack credits costing over $5 each (2 snacks)

DD chose a mickey cake pop from the bakery on main street for 1 snack credit.

Refill mug

We used the refill mugs included with dxddp everytime we went to the pool – our nearest pool was turtle pond at Old key West. The snack bar for refills was open 11 – 5pm daily in October.

Old 23 Nov 12, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mickey’s backyard BBQ, Fort Wilderness

Rating Good

This was our first time here. We picked up the tickets at concierge at the resort a few days before we went. The show is 2TS credits but includes alcohol and tip.

We took the bus to MK and the boat to fort wilderness. They said to allow 1h 30 mins for transport and this was pretty accurate. The bbq is in an outdoor pavilion a short walk from the boat dock.

It started at 6.30pm. The temperature was pleasant for us but it must get hot in summer.

You were shown to a table based on when you arrived.

Then you help yourself to food – they had a few buffet lines set up. The food was fine – it is definitely counter service standard – so hot dogs, burgers, ribs, salad, coleslaw and mac & cheese. We hadn’t had any counter service food so it was a change for us and we all were happy with it. On the table were condiments, paper towel etc.

You also helped yourself to soft drinks which were lemonade, water and iced tea (all non fizzy)

There was a bar – it was budweiser light limited to 2 cups a person per visit or small glasses of wine.

There was a live band and the characters arrived to dance. It was busy on the dance floor. Every few dances they had a kids only dance – think it was for under 10’s so little ones got a chance. DD wasn’t bothered about dancing – happy to watch and eat.

They then announced you could line up to meet the characters outside which DD and I did. They also signed autographs.

The trick rope cowboy came on. All the children sat around the edge – DD sat there mesmerised.

Myself and DD then had a dance. DD wasn’t bothered about dancing with the characters but it had thinned out a lot at this point and she could have if she had wanted to.

For dessert you could help yourself to Mickey premium bars. They also had ice lollys aswell.

The band play country music – I recognised a Charlie Daniels song and some kids dances –eg Miley Cyrus Hoedown Throwdown (Boom boom clap).

Myself and DD really enjoyed this. DH said it was ok. To be fair he did seem to spend time sitting at the table whilst myself and DD were off doing stuff. If you have a young daughter and have had the pleasure of watching Hannah Montana the movie the whole thing reminded me of the charity barn party in the film.

Used 6 TS credits
Old 23 Nov 12, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Snacks

We got the boat back to MK and ended the night in the new fantasyland – we were lucky enough to get into one of the previews after Wishes.

We tried a LeFou’s brew from Gaston’s tavern which was 1 snack credit if you didn’t get the souvenir tankard or goblet. Very sweet.
Old 24 Nov 12, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Cinnabon View Post
Great report, thanks for taking the time to post.
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by lady emz View Post
Great start! Your photos are amazing.

We too thought Yachtsman was incredible and my DH managed to finish the massive Porterhouse steak too...that peanut butter dessert yummy Lucky it is lunch time now as I am hungry

Look forward to reading more! xxx
Thank you ..glad you had a great meal at yachtsman aswell

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
Thanks for sharing - love reading food reports
So do I

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Some more fantastic meals.

I think YS is my favourite signature. It's been consistently excellent each time we've eaten there. Very much enjoying your reviews!
Thanks for reading - we've only eaten there twice but both times it was spot on

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I have been looking forward to this. So pleased you liked the Yachtsman Steakhouse. This is a must for me next time.
I'd definitely recommend and i'm sure your girls would love the Mickey puzzle dessert

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
Really enjoying reading this, and so many great photos also. The tea party photo is so cute!

Our DD went to the tea party also a couple of years ago and I remember worrying about her as well but she had a great time. I think having two older brothers she enjoyed doing something girly!
DD definitely had fun - will add the photopass pics they took of her with the characters when I get them

Originally Posted by langside View Post
thanks for sharing your report so far I'm really enjoying it

We did Deluxe last year but missed out YS but your pics make me wish we didn't
Too many places ..too little time..there is always next time
Old 24 Nov 12, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I was so excited to see you had started a new dining report. Yours are my favourite!

I'm even more excited about you doing DxDP! So jealous.

Your DD has grown so much since your last trip. She seems so much older, it's funny how time flies.
Thank you DD is almost 7..time does indeed fly

Originally Posted by irishgal View Post
I love your foodie reports! Can't wait for more
Thank you

Originally Posted by freakyjo114 View Post
Loving the report. thanks for posting about the yachtsman. i wondered if it would be too fussy for us but the steaks look great.
No I think anyone would be fine there - they will leave the sauce off or on the side if you ask or swap sides dishes eg mash for fries.

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Loving your report although I'm depressed as I don't know when our next trip will be! I have decided though that if they continue to do free DDP we'll do some signatures the next time and really fancy the Yachtsman.
I haven't got a ticker yet either Hopefully next October or possibly next xmas. When we did ddp we did 1 signature - yachtman - well worth it.