Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 22 Apr 14, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
Hello again chaps!

Another update from me. Alas, all the holiday work I had planned to do over the Easter holidays has slightly fallen by the wayside with all this wedding planning!

Neil and I are still facing this location dilemma. I have been actively looking for venues I can see myself falling in love with and literally none of them are wowing me. Neil thinks I'm being too fussy

New favourite is this one. It's close, affordable and has kick ass views! We're going to have a closer look on Saturday So much for waiting till after the holidays

I'm not overly on the ceremony room but I could tart it up a bit

But the main reception room is very nice:

And as you can see from here, the views would be amazing:

The only thing that is putting me off is the fact that oldest friend Sophie got married here 5 years ago. Is that stupid? Probably

However, the idea of running away to have a Disney wedding is becoming more appealing by the day...

I've also recently been been thinking about things like bridesmaids (a whole other dilemma on its own. I am facing the prospect of having 7 bridesmaids. That's right, 7. All with a bouquet and dress to pay for.

1) Sister, Katie (MOH)
2) Goddaughter, Megan
3) Best friend, Olly
4) Old friend from school, Michelle

This is where I would want it to end But I'm also faced with the problems of...

5) Oldest friend, Sophie (I was bridesmaid to her wedding 5 years ago and am Godmother to her oldest child of 2, but we're not really close anymore since she's had two children and we have very little in common now)
6) Uni friend, Kathryn (I don't see her very often, maybe twice a year, but I do adore her and she's never been a bridesmaid before and when we got drunk at Uni - all those years ago - we used to talk about being bridesmaids at each other's weddings and she's brought it up since I got engaged )
7) Bridezilla, Vicky (I am a bridesmaid for her wedding this July but she has driven me steadily up the wall ever since ) However, she is the type that I think would be offended if I didn't ask her to be bridesmaid as I am a bridesmaid to her wedding.

Any advice for bridesmaid etiquette that can help me avoid having his many bridesmaids?! 4 is already a lot!
I love the Fleece! We go regularly for meals there and have always thought the weddings look lovely there! Know someone who got married at Pennine Manor and loved it. I think if your friends was 5 years ago it's long enough ago for people not to compare. I agree, think Fishermans Retreat would be hard work!
As for bridesmaids, don't have people because you feel like you should! If they fall out with you about something so petty, they aren't true friends! The other one is to just keep it to your sister and goddaughter and not have any friends then no one can moan they were left out!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 14, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
I love the Fleece! We go regularly for meals there and have always thought the weddings look lovely there! Know someone who got married at Pennine Manor and loved it. I think if your friends was 5 years ago it's long enough ago for people not to compare. I agree, think Fishermans Retreat would be hard work!
As for bridesmaids, don't have people because you feel like you should! If they fall out with you about something so petty, they aren't true friends! The other one is to just keep it to your sister and goddaughter and not have any friends then no one can moan they were left out!
Good point - I like your style! Think I'll see if I can get away with just having the original four who I actually want!

I quite like the idea of Bonfire Night - we can get a discount on the Fleece for a November wedding (ie. first weekend in November) and plus guests could watch fireworks for free It's like being in Disney... sort of

Plus, I could go all candles, roses and winter weddingy... my Dad has about 5 zillion patio heaters, wonder if they'd let us put them up on that GORGEOUS patio outside!

PLUS, Disney for a honeymoon in the first few weeks in December would be WELL CHEAP!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 14, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
nicki2014
slightly serious Dibber

the food at pennine manor is nice too

COMPLETE-DLP 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, DLR, CA- 2007, WDW- offsite 2008, offsite 2009, SSR 2010, SSR 2012, SSR/ GF/ HRH 2014, SSR 2015, MA/ NYC/ NJ- 2015
nicki2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 14, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
hunny 247
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

ohhh i like the fleece the food there is yummy! I also like the new hobbit it also has lovely views and has just been re-done so they are looking to get new clients ;-)

Ace update, dont forget it's your wedding you can have who you want as bridesmaids your only going to have it once :-D xx
Old 23 Apr 14, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hi

Yeah we like the Hobbit too but it's too small for our numbers - I've already asked They can only seat 70 for the meal and we've got between 90 and 100.

Neil and I have been chatting and the Fleece are offering a 15% discount on bookings in October and November and February and March so I think we might be going for the Fleece on bonfire night It becomes affordable for us with the discount. Plus we've trimmed the fat off the guest list

Then we're thinking a mini honeymoon in Kirkby Lonsdale just before Christmas (where we got engaged) and then do the Florida thing the following July, so we get a winter and a summer wedding and the pictures to match!

Still stuck with the bridesmaid thing though. - I'm meeting my Uni friend next week so I might break it to her that because we're on a budget, I won't be able to have her as a bridesmaid, much as I'd like to. Play the 'money is the bad guy' card as opposed to me being a bad friend. Truthfully, that is the problem though. I might ask her to read something during the ceremony though to cushion the blow

Edited at 08:35 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 14, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
I LOVE WEDDING PLANNING!

I possibly love it a little too much and at the expense of work I should probably be doing but it's all good! Surely every newly engaged girl is like this

I get like this with Disney holidays though. Once I know what I want, I want to book like RIGHT NOW. Even though Neil and I haven't actually looked at any venues yet.

But we both (me especially) are excited by the new possibility shaping up for our wedding.

The Fleece, previously thought out of budget, have offered us a 15% discount if we have our wedding in October or November. So we have been thinking about how to make a wedding in October or November fun... the answer: BONFIRE NIGHT!

We LOVE this venue. I mean, really LOVE this venue. As previously mentioned, we went to a wedding here a couple of weekends ago and it was stunning. The food was FIT and the views were spectacular (even though the weather was crap!) It's a great pub, very Yorkshire AND it's local so no-one would need to stay over anywhere, except for a few friends coming up from London but we could house those with family and friends

Dressed for a wedding:

Terrace where people could wrap up and watch the fireworks over the valley. Living in this area, I know that there are loads of displays that you can see from this aspect:

It is still pricey but certainly doable!

Then there was where to actually get married as the Fleece isn't licensed for Civil Ceremonies.

BUT, there is a nice function room about ten minutes drive away from here that will let us get married there for £200. A snip by comparison to a lot of places, trust me! It is v classy. This is the room that they will let us book for sure:

There is another that I wanted more and that seats more people but they said that they wouldn't let us book that unless there was an evening function booked in the meantime. But if there is then we can have it It's next door to this building.

They have also said that they can open the bar whilst we are having photographs taken!

We could maybe get one of those buses to transport people from A to B. Or just book and pay for taxis. Not fussed really.

But yeah, I'm loving this at the moment and I want to book

Currently waiting to hear from the Fleece to see if we can actually have it on Bonfire night but Bertie's (civil ceremony place) have said we can get married there

I've also got a few ideas on how much fun we can have with this theme. From my Pinterest board:

And I definitely want these on mine and my sister's bouquets:

I love the fur shrugs on these bridesmaids:

But the colour of the bridesmaids at the top of this image:

Also love these cupcakes, but don't know how expensive cupcakes are by comparison with a cake. I quite like some of the ones in M&S which are only like £200!

But I could put these in cupcakes:

And no-one does cupcakes better than my Mum... way to save money maybe?

Anyway, those are the ideas so far. I have also thought I might want a light gold/champagne coloured wedding dress which I think would look quite nice with my hair being the colour it is. I love the ones with ruched skirts like Belle's ballgown

TBC below for Florida updates.

Edited at 04:47 PM.
Old 25 Apr 14, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
AND how would Florida pan out under our new plan? Well our plan is to go the following July after getting married in the November. That way, when we leave this July, I can know that the next time I go back, I'll be Mrs T! And when the wedding is over, it's not really over!

Well, we've mentioned it to a few family friends who we thought would like to come already and the response has been overwhelming. I think we've nearly reached our 20 people max for an Escape and we definitely couldn't afford Wishes!

So far we've got:

1) Me
2) Neil
3) Mum
4) Martin (Step-Dad)
5) OB (Brother)
6) Katie (Sister and MOH)
7) Jonathan (Sister's BF)
8) Dad (if he wants to go)
9) Sylvia (Step-Mum
10) Sue (MIL)
11) Dave (FIL)
12) Chris (Family friend)
13) Mandy (Family friend)
Chris and Mandy go to Florida on holiday nearly every year so pretty sure they'd be on board 😊
14) Mark (Uncle)
15) Debsy (Auntie)
16) Megan (Cousin, Goddaughter and BM)
17) Debbie (Mum's best friend - anxious to return to Florida on a mature adults only type holiday)
18) Michael (Debbie's partner - Florida sceptic who Debbie is determined to convert! )

This isn't even including Neil's brother who may or may not want to return. Already, we have only 2 spots left This was part of the reasoning why I thought we'd be okay having a Disney wedding to start with! I knew people would respond well!

Given the new dining plan release and how much our bog standard Disney holiday is going up in cost from year to year, I think my initial estimates on how much this would cost are pretty accurate which is good for our budget spreadsheet.

What I really need is for the Escape collection to stay pretty much the same price! Otherwise I may have to cut things from the budget!

I have to say though, the idea of having both a winter and a summer wedding is making me

Edited at 08:36 PM.
Old 25 Apr 14, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Wow what fab plans I love the wee fairy dust bottles and the Micky heads on the flowers are cute
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 14, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Lucky you having the 2 weddings
Some fab ideas there, I don't think I'd know where to start if I had to plan a full wedding, so I take my hat off to you .
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 14, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
I've just been on a few wedding forums and now I feel paranoid...

Does anyone think there would be a problem with me booking the Fleece? Venue with the balcony above? My friend got married there two weeks ago and we LOVED it. Our wedding is going to be on 5th November 2016 (hopefully) and hers was 12th April 2014. They will be completely different in every way. I have a different colour scheme, we'll have very different flowers and a very different feel as ours will be a winter wedding! I want candles, fairy lights and lanterns. She had yellow and purple spring flowers. She got married in a local church, we will be having a civil ceremony in a local function room.

We are both from the same area and both very local people so the venue is a pretty natural choice for both of us. There will only be 6 guests in common between the two weddings, 2 of those are her and her new husband! Knowing her, I really don't think it will be a problem but now I've read all these horror stories about people falling out over wedding venues!