Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Apr 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Can't believe I missed this I loved your previous food reports and this one is fantastic, thank you for doing it. You had some great meals, there's definitely some stuff gone on my to do list from your report, including some alcoholic beverages
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Really enjoyed reading your report especially all the cocktails and drinks, it's obviously where I'm going wrong...yes I remember I don't get to sample that many as the kids are with me, I wonder if I could leave them at home!?!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
fabulous
Excited about Disney

I relaly want to visit here since reading your report on it. It looks amazing. My only problem is that we have not done disney before so I am unsure how far Disney SPrings is from the parks. The only reservation I can get is lunch. Is it miles from the parks? Thank you.

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Day 7: Chef Art Smith's Homecoming Kitchen - Disney Springs

It was pretty busy when we arrived which surprised me as it was still very newly opened. I'm so glad I booked an ADR (which I didn't think i'd need) as people were being given fairly lengthy wait times.

There was a nice outside seating area.

The interior

To drink..

Andy - Bootlegger

He liked it, it was strong though so definitely a sipper.

I went for The Local.

It was sweet but again quite strong (put hairs on your chest). They look small but they lasted us the whole meal.

For food Andy chose Art's Fabulous Fried Chicken.

He raved about it for days! I tried the chicken and I have to say it's some of the juiciest fried chicken I've ever tasted, you could tell it had been properly brined for a while. Flavoursome, juicy and crispy - what more could you ask for. Andy said that the gravy on the mashed potatoes was phenomenal and wished there was more. The little drop biscuit was like a Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit. A wee little thing but you didn't really need more as it was such a filling comforting meal. I'd say this got a 10/10.

I chose the Fried Chicken Sandwich.

It was risky considering that I regretted getting the chicken sandwich at Toothsome but I needn't have worried. The chicken itself was just as good as the pieces on Andy's plate and all the accompaniments just worked so well. It was a little hard to eat but sooo worth it.

The BBQ chips were a welcome change and the "Ice Box" dressing was just like ranch which I enjoyed.

You can see in the background of one of the pictures a red bottle. This is their home-made hot sauce which was divine. I so wished that they sold this as it was more than just heat, it had a wonderful depth of flavour. No need to bring your own Tabasco here guys!

We were both absolutely stuffed so asked to take dessert to go.

For me - the Hummingbird Cake.

The famous pineapple-banana cake with cream cheese frosting from Chef Art's bestselling cookbook, "Back to the Table." Served with seasonal fruit gastrique and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.

It was absolutely massive! About 15cms tall. It took me a good 3 days to eat it (mainly for breakfast ). It was really good though & not too sweet. It was light and moist with actual small pieces of fruit inside it. Much nicer than the usual sickly cakes/cupcakes on offer.

Andy got the mini orange sugar doughnuts.

The were little fried crispy doughnut balls served with an orange dipping sauce. Again the orange sauce wasn't overly sweet and cut through the fried doughnuts. They were very crispy but really fluffy inside. They were also really enjoyable.

Overall we loved this meal and really wanted to return but we'd allocated all of our table service credits I would 100% recommend and it will be top of my ADR list next time.

Credits used here - 2 TS
Credits left - 19 CS, 18 TS & 19 SC
Christmas 2017 (Let's try Disney this time) Rosen Inn @Pointe Orlando
fabulous is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
**Tracey**
Apprentice Imagineer

**Tracey**'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Really loved reading your food report.
**Tracey** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List