Notices

Old 27 Sep 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Take a look through my eyes, Day One, MK, BoG And The Mara, 30th August 2019

We are here for 3 weeks and are not planning on venturing outside of Disney, this is the first time we have been here on our own so are planning to take our time and take everything in, we're both in our fifties now (ouch! That makes me feel old, it doesn't seem possible, but writing it seems to make it real) and don't have to run around trying to keep up with the kids anymore.

Woke up at 4am, as expected! Put the coffee machine to good use then looked for the iron to smooth out some wrinkled clothes, found this in a bag at the bottom of the wardrobe!
Managed to figure out how to use it but couldn't imagine trying to properly iron with it.
I did google it to check that I was using it correctly as it was really awkward.

Checked the bus times on the MDE app, so handy to be able to check. Left the room around 6am and got to MK just before 7am. Oh how good it felt to be back.

The park felt so quiet, Walked straight onto 7DMT, Pooh, Peter Pan and the ride we always have to do, it's a small world, it just has to be done!

We had an 8:30 breakfast booked a BOG and had preordered so checked in and picked a table in the great hall. We had both decided to have the assorted cured meat and cheese as it was a little bit different, this was really nice, I think I would have liked some butter to go with the toasted baguette though. The little plate of pastries were lovely, I had read that the bran muffin left a lot to be desired but I thought it was very tasty, funny how taste is so subjective. It was really noisy in here but it was an enjoyable experience.

I'm looking for new light fittings for our living room, nice but a bit too pretentious for us I think! We would need a bigger living room as well

Suitably fed and watered we went off to ride splash mountain, John always gets wet, I refuse to sit on the right hand side, I'm convinced that it's always the right that gets the most wet. Up next was big thunder followed by pirates, all rides were a walk on, we were definitely being spoilt.

Mmmm, first treat of the holiday has to be a dole whip float from Aloha Isle topped off by seeing the rocking chairs were free outside of the trading post in frontier land, (I don't appear to have taken any phots of the Dole whip, I'm sure that everyone is fully aware of how they look!), so we are doing what we do best, sitting and watching the world go by.

Next stop has to be a visit to see the country bears jamboree, love the classics! Followed swiftly by our fast passes for big thunder and the second ride on Splash mountain.

We wandered around without a plan for a while, I so love the tangled area and the loos are themed so well, it was around this time that the heavens decided to open and the first storm of the holiday descended on us. We didn't fancy any lunch and didn't have anything else booked for today so feeling slightly weary we made our way back down Main Street.
Stopped off to buy a new a Pandora charm, I went for the Epcot ball with the monorail today, note I said today, Other charms will be purchased!

At 2pm we returned to AKL to explore, filled our mugs with coffee and sat out alone in one of the viewing areas before going to spend some time watching the flamingoes. There was a one legged crane hopping around who certainly had an easy life living off of the flamingoes food, they were trying to bully him but he wasn't having any of it.

Tea was QS at the Mara, crispy chicken sandwich and a pulled pork sandwich, we also grabbed some zebra domes to eat later with our coffee.
We were ready for bed at 8! We didn't try and stay awake as we knew that we had an early start at Animal Kingdom tomorrow.

I have to mention that you need a step ladder to get into bed! They are so high, I'm an average 5ft 3 and it was a struggle, especially when everything aches from all the walking, talking of walking, we managed 19,046 steps today.

Old 27 Sep 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Chloeoeysmum - 27 Sep 19 1:17 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Great day with lots done

Joan
Old 29 Sep 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We stayed in All Stars Sports me 5 feet tall and DD 5 3, I had to take a run and jump up to on to the bed Dd thought it was hilarious. Great trippie. Xx
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mazascouser View Post
We stayed in All Stars Sports me 5 feet tall and DD 5 3, I had to take a run and jump up to on to the bed Dd thought it was hilarious. Great trippie. Xx
Thanks

I am visualising you doing that
I had to leave one leg on the floor and get my knee up on the bed and very elegantly (not) roll onto the bed
Old 29 Sep 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Nice one!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Lovely day, great that so much was walk on.
Old 8 Oct 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Lovely day, great that so much was walk on.
I know! It didn’t last though the parks soon got back to normal after the Dorian threat had passed.