Notices

Old 28 Sep 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sandr
Gone all Goofy

The One With No Rest Days. Pre Trip Report- Disney and Flights BOOKED!

Disney & Flights Booked- (Written on 5th August 2019)

Hurrah! The scariest parts are booked! Well, the deposit is paid at least! The scariest part is probably the saving up!

So one week in Port Orleans French Quarter, with Disney Dining Plan, tickets, and free Memory Maker, is a total of £2550, and so far I have paid the £100 deposit, with the remaining due in March. I really wish there was a way I could keep making payments to the balance from now until May, but looking around on My Disney Experience I can’t seem to see this option. I would love to be able to just chip away at it and then feel really good when it’s paid but I guess I’ll just have to be a grown up and put the money in a savings account and pay Disney when it’s all there!

I am so happy about the flights, I have been back and forth on this a lot. I would really love to fly with Virgin, but sadly the cost was three times that of Thomas Cook, so I simply couldn’t justify it just because I want to.
The price on Thomas Cook was varying from £900-£1200 whenever I looked, and I managed to book it all today at the lowest I had seen.

So for both of us from Manchester direct to Orlando, with extra legroom seats, and an extra suitcase on the way home, was a total of £949.96. I think this is a great price as in 2014 I paid around £800 EACH! This has all been paid, so there’s nothing left to worry about with flights expect airport parking, which I won’t even consider until Disney is all paid.

Nothing will get booked now until the balance has been paid over to Disney, so I’m saving like my life depends on it now! I have Tim Tracker to keep me company in the mean time!

Cost of holiday so far- £1049.96
sandr is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve probably misunderstood your post and don’t want to worry you, but have you checked your flights?
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sandr
Gone all Goofy

Sorry... Only wrote this on the first instalment.

I had originally written this just for myself, and then I decided to share it on here

So these entries were written a few months ago however only posted today... the next one will be where it all went a bit wrong flight-wise!
sandr is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List