Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Oct 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

Mobile Gatwick airport hotel - cheapest/cleanest

We usually stay in premier inn but that’s from Manchester. We will be going with BA from Gatwick this time. Any idea on the cheapest hotel to book? Thank you 😊

Next trip : December 2023
Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

We really like the Premier Inn at the North terminal. We’ve stayed at a lot of onsite hotels but this tends to be cheap, great location ;-)
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Cheapest is definitely the Hilton on the south terminal which is "free" if you have enough Tesco Deals. Done it about 6 or 7 times. Not really free of course as you "pay" the equivalent exchange rate of £3 to £1 in Deals. Includes breakfast.

If I'm paying with real money I've found nothing cheaper that the Premier Inn literally over the road from North terminal. Paid £28, £38 and £55 over the past few years. Room only rate.

It doesn't matter which terminal you fly from. They are connected by an APM taking a couple of minutes.

Mick
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Cheapest is definitely the Hilton on the south terminal which is "free" if you have enough Tesco Deals. Done it about 6 or 7 times. Not really free of course as you "pay" the equivalent exchange rate of £3 to £1 in Deals. Includes breakfast.

If I'm paying with real money I've found nothing cheaper that the Premier Inn literally over the road from North terminal. Paid £28, £38 and £55 over the past few years. Room only rate.

It doesn't matter which terminal you fly from. They are connected by an APM taking a couple of minutes.

Mick
Oh this sounds good, my husband fills the work van up so we get lots of Tesco points. So do you have to change your points first then book the hotel?

Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve seen the premier inn but there is lots of them there isn’t there, the north one is £105!

Old 14 Oct 19, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Pagan8c
Getting Excited

Have a look at the Airport Way premier inn as well it is apparently only a short walk from the Premier North.
Pagan8c is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Travelodge isn't walkable but fits cheapest even including the transfer and is sparkling , we paid £29 at Easter and they even had an egg hunt set up for the kids. I find Premier Inn a bit claustrophobic so actually prefer travelodge.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Diesel_Staffie View Post
Oh this sounds good, my husband fills the work van up so we get lots of Tesco points. So do you have to change your points first then book the hotel?
You don't say when you're going but Hilton only display their Tesco rates around 6 months out maximum. You need to do it through Tesco/Hilton and not through Tesco/Hotels.com. Doing it through Hilton you get breakfast and all taxes included unlike Hotels where you have to pay taxes.

Expect to "pay" the full rack rate. For instance if the room is £135 you'll need £45 in Deals.

Go on to the Hilton Gatwick site (don't ring as no call centre staff will know what you're talking about) and enter promo code PR20TC on your dates. You need to book it and go on to the Tesco/Hilton site to get detailed instructions about redeeming Deals.

You'll then get an emailed voucher code from Tesco which you present at check-in

Mick
Old 14 Oct 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

We stay at the Travelodge in Crawley. Top price we have ever paid is £27 per night. Free car parking and lots of restaurants, pubs and bars outside the door.
Travelodge have 10% off now as well for stays up to 31st Jan 2020. Code is 10OFF.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We always use the Premier Inn on Airport Way 5 minutes from the terminal. In January I got 4 rooms for £32.50 per room for next weeks sleepover. Keep checking as their rooms do go down in price. You just have to catch them at the right time. I was checking every morning and evening. The meal deal is good too. All you can eat brekkie and a 2 course dinner with a drink for £24.99. Good food, clean hotel, and comfy beds. We've done it half a dozen times at least.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List