Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Solo trip 2019 - day six - Disney Springs, Epcot and Fantasmic

Woke up with my lower back really tender - don't know if it's the rides, the bed generally or the fact that I'm spending quite a lot of time propped up on pillows reading or watching TV. Anyway I need to be careful of it today I think.

No plans today so took a bus to Disney Springs - last time I was here all this new stuff wasn't even built. I do think it has become just another ( very expensive) shopping centre now. Lots of the restaurants had nice things on offer but I never seemed to get round to eating at any of them. I did buy one of those sticky nut things with a chocolate Mickey on them - I don't know what they are called - they are the only sweet snack I actually like and not many places sell them. I got it in Goofy's Sweet Shop. I had a lovely chat with the guy in the Hawaiian jewellery shop and tried on loads of stuff but didn't buy anything - actually didn't see anything I really liked. Then I went to the jewellers Diamonds of Light and had another interesting chat and tried on a diamond ring which didn't have a price on it but I bet it had several zeros in it . Also too gaudy for my taste and THAT'S why I didn't buy it
Strolled through the Disney store and several of the others and bought...NOTHING.

Before leaving I went over to the gas station again to replenish my snacks and wine for my room. This time I remembered to have a decent bag along with me so I didn't have to struggle with the gas station carrier bags that are obviously only intended to last long enough for you to get from the store to your car.

Went back to my room for a rest - first night out tonight!

Got the bus to Epcot and rode Spaceship Earth on my way through - I do love this ride but it really is in need of the planned refurbishment. Spent an hour just strolling and looking then went out of the Gateway exit and got the boat to HS for Fantasmic! I actually haven't ever seen this before so had no idea what to expect. It was good, but not something I'd want to see more than once. I did love the huge cheer when MM himself appeared

After Fantasmic! I went to Fairfax Fayre for supper and had a really nice pulled pork salad. Mostly meat and sauce of course with a bit of lettuce but Fairfax is my fave snack spot always like the food there. I sat and watched the world go by while I ate it then took my time going back to the bus stop so that by the time I got there the queues had mostly dispersed. Ooh, really late night for me, 11pm by the time I got to bed!

Edited at 03:50 PM.
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List