Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 16 Oct 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Park Hopper Plus Option

I'm currently looking at a one day disney park hopper ticket for a predominantly heavy Universal holiday. However my 2DS would like to experience a Disney water park so I saw the Park Hopper Plus Option.

After reading a few of the articles in respect of this ticket, I'm still unsure of the time period the one day park hopper and then additional visit to a water park needs to be used within.

I'm looking at a specific date ticket not Flexible.

Any advice would be gladly received.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ils View Post
I'm currently looking at a one day disney park hopper ticket for a predominantly heavy Universal holiday. However my 2DS would like to experience a Disney water park so I saw the Park Hopper Plus Option.

After reading a few of the articles in respect of this ticket, I'm still unsure of the time period the one day park hopper and then additional visit to a water park needs to be used within.

I'm looking at a specific date ticket not Flexible.

Any advice would be gladly received.
I just did a dummy booking for a 1 Day ticket with the Hopper Plus Option for 17th October and it said the following on the US Disney site.

Your tickets are valid for admission to multiple theme parks on any one day from Oct 17, 2019 through Oct 18, 2019. Your ticket also provides one visit to a water park or other Walt Disney World fun during the same date range.

Reading this it seems like you have a 2 day window [17th -18th] to use the ticket so you could do 1 day at the theme parks and 1 day at a water park. Maybe someone can confirm this or correct me if I am wrong.

Update:

I just read the following on orlandoattractions.com which seems to confirm what I said above.

The extra admissions included in these tickets are independent of the main theme park admissions. The extra admissions may be used on separate days from the main theme park days or on the same day. All admissions must be used by the expiry date of the ticket. Unused admissions will be forfeited

Edited at 02:13 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I think the park hopper plus just means you can use your one day ticket for either a regular park or a water park doesn't it? - edit other poster posted while I was typing and that is exactly what I was thinking but couldn't find the text for.

If you get the 2 day park hopper its valid for 5 days from first use I believe but that might be out of date information (i.e. second day must be within 5 days of the first).

That said I think the difference between a 1 and 2 day park hopper can be around $100-$150 depending on date with a 1 day water park ticket only being $75 you would save money by actually buying the water park ticket separately rather than trying to get a 2 day park hopper plus. Sometimes they have deals on the water parks too which can save some money. Plus then you don't have the 5 day restriction either you can just use as and when.

Edited at 02:07 PM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
I just did a dummy booking for a 1 Day ticket with the Hopper Plus Option for 17th October and it said the following on the US Disney site.

Your tickets are valid for admission to multiple theme parks on any one day from Oct 17, 2019 through Oct 18, 2019. Your ticket also provides one visit to a water park or other Walt Disney World fun during the same date range.

Reading this it seems like you have a 2 day window [17th -18th] to use the ticket so you could do 1 day at the theme parks and 1 day at a water park. Maybe someone can confirm this or correct me if I am wrong.

Update:

I just read the following on orlandoattractions.com which seems to confirm what I said above.

The extra admissions included in these tickets are independent of the main theme park admissions. The extra admissions may be used on separate days from the main theme park days or on the same day. All admissions must be used by the expiry date of the ticket. Unused admissions will be forfeited
Thank you so much. That make's perfect sense.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ils View Post
Thank you so much. That make's perfect sense.
You're welcome
Old 17 Oct 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I think the park hopper plus just means you can use your one day ticket for either a regular park or a water park doesn't it?
No, you get 1 day to visit any/all of the main theme parks plus an additional visit to any of the "plus" attractions (waterparks, mini-golf courses, etc).

As lyn1 says, you can go to a main park on one day and then to a waterpark on the next day with a 1 day Park Hopper Plus. Or you can go to a main park and a waterpark on the same day. The 1-day ticket must be used within a 2 day window, therefore the waterpark visit must be used within a day (or less) of the main park visit.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List