Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Oct 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Florida Trip no3 - Day 4 - September 2019

Index Here

Day 3 - 17th September 2019 - Epcot and Disney Spring

We originally have plans for Epcot this morning, with FP booked for Spaceship Earth, Mission Space and Test Track. However the constant go has taken its toll on my wife’s feet, so we cancel all the FP’s and head to the pool where we spend most of the morning.
We enjoy the cool of the pool, watch the life guards cover a million steps and have a couple of drinks from the bar. It is good to take some time out to be by the pool and we were not ridged about our FP and our plans, yes it would have been great to do Test Track but hopefully we can ride it later on.

Around lunchtime we head back to the room, shower change and head to Epcot. I check what FPS are available and grab one for Soarin’ for when we arrive. We stop for some photos pick up a Food and Wine passport and head to Sorin’.

Just as we head into the line this girl races in front of us, not sure what the rush is with a FP, and of course because one member of the family is in front, it's much easier to push the other 5 members in front rather than the girl to head back 2 spaces. The family are fairly annoying while we are waiting with a couple of the kids fighting and one of the daughters is on her phone talking loudly majority of the time.
We get loaded on top deck at the side so curvy landmarks for us, and just as we are about to take off the girl whips her phone out and takes a call, really. So we are heading out of some far flung destination and this girl says ‘it’s ok we are going on back on it later on’ I give her the glare of my life, and she hangs up shortly after. If you want to ride it with you would rather ride it with your mates thats fine, just don’t be selfish and ruin it for the rest.

Living with the land only has a 5 mins wait and we haven’t done it before, and enjoy the ride looking at the various plants and fish and of course spotting the Mickeys.

Once off this I manage to bag us a FP for Test Track for a couple of hours.

From here we take a walk around the world and pay a visit to the food and wine stands.

First up mac and cheese from active eats, it’s good not the best mac and cheese we have had but different with leeks in it and we rate it 6/10.

We continue the walk round and dismiss a few stands we don’t like. Next up is Ireland and not to miss a sausage dish we have sausage and mash with onion gravy, sure fire winner and we give it a 8/10.

We continue through England and France and look at the new works they are doing, next stop is at Belgium and I’m sold on the waffle, cream and chocolate sauce, a good 7/10.

Up through Morocco and I spy a dessert to try next time, we are jsut round the corner from Japan so we have the teriyaki chicken bun, and this is the winner of the day at 10/10.

Round the world we stop for a break and admire the views, and in Germany spot a couple of options for next time.

China is our next port of call and we have the chicken dumplings, another hit and we rate it 9/10

The sky at this point is looking very grey and we hear a rumble in the distance, we decide to wait out any rain in the Mexico pavilion, the wait for the ride is also only at 5 minutes so we join Donald on a trip around Mexico, once off we see a sea of ponchos so made the right call. We take a look round the market and see the delights on offer. In the lobby area we create our own Coco caricature and take a sit down while the rain passes. Our FP for Test Track is also amended to anytime as it is closed for the rain and thunder.

The rain passes and we head out to the Mexico booth for the pulled pork belly, again another worthy contender at 8/10.

Test Track is still closed so we look in mouse gear for a while and take a stroll down to Test Track and luckily it re-opens. We design the most ridiculous car and head through to test it out, we don’t do a bad job and come second from the ones in our car.

A day at Epcot would not be complete without a trip on Space Ship Earth, we have a FP although it is a walk on anyway. The future looks bright and we will be travelling be solar power before we know it!

Bus back to the hotel isn’t to bad a wait and is one of the first stops in the station. At the hotel we go via the food court for some more of those amazing benigets! I could live of these all day! We stay in the room and devour these while chilling with the aircon and tv on.

Tonight we have dinner plans at Disney springs, so we head down to the dock and wait ages for a boat, one arrives however majority in line are waiting to go back to Riverside, so the cast member waits with them until a boat comes to pick them up, nice as this is we were getting painfully close to our reservation time, and by waiting that extra 5 mins gave enough time for a scooter to come down which of course turned into another 5 mins while they re arranged the boat and loaded them on.
We set off with about 15 mins before our reservation time, and dock around 7.45 same time as our reservation, we then have to power walk from the dock to the Boathouse and we arrive flustered and sweaty about 7.55.

We get a table outside as it is much more peaceful then the loudness of the restaurant and we know exactly what we would like to eat. Coconut shrimp! So much nicer than Bubba Gump, and you don’t have the whole show that goes with it. Nice and peaceful and we saw some fireworks coming from Epcot I guess. We pay up $70 including tip, and walk around the shops a bit eyeing up some stuff to buy with our gift cards and a lot of stuff that we would love, but can’t afford or wouldn’t stand a chance getting into our baggage.

I finish the night in Disney Springs in my usual fashion of getting some free samples from Ghirardelli and of course a Sundae, tonights choice is the Magical Sundae, very good and popular option going by my fellow diners!

We head back to the dock and queue for our boat back to POR. The boat ride is nice and relaxing as always and we are back to our room tucked up before we know it.

Next day coming soon where we move hotel and Typoon Lagoon
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

All that food is making me hungry. Some lovely photos. The girl rushing into queue only to be joined by 5 others would have my dw having words with them This happened to us on jungle cruise but dw stopped them and said we will go ahead of them so their family can stay together. It was a family from New York who couldn’t see the problem, when we got on the boat he refused to get on with us and waited for the next boat