Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Sep 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Mobile Day 16 - Rock n Brews and Oga’s Cantina- Thursday 29th August

Nearly worked my way through the trip now!

This morning David took the older boys to Blizzard Beach and took some snacks. We decided to try Rock N Brews for our afternoon meal as we kept driving past it and it was new since our last trip.

It was pretty empty mid afternoon, we had the choice of inside or on the outside area with fans. We stuck with inside. It was high ceilinged so felt airy, and had a cool laid back feel with lots of tvs with music videos playing.

I had the gastropub burger with bacon and eggs, this was great. David had baby back ribs and also really enjoyed them

The younger boys both had pizza and Alex had a burger (on the menu a cheeseburger but we ordered it plain. His did come with fries too but these were delayed coming out so not in the photo. This was one of a few places we went to that put a slice of orange on the kids meals, a bit random! (Especially as none of mine like orange!)

We had dessert too, I had purple rain drops which were doughnut type things filled with chocolate with raspberry sauce on top, lovely but very filling. David had bread pudding. The massive blobs on both the adult desserts are cream not ice cream!
Alex and Barnaby both had the children’s ice cream, but Barnaby had his plain

The total was almost $77 so one of our more expensive meals, but we really enjoyed it here and it is definitely one we would go back to

There is a hint in Alex’s top as to what we did after this! I had been fortunate to be online when the Galaxy’s Edge reservations were released a few weeks earlier and managed to get an 8.30pm Oga’s Cantina reservation for today. I had also booked one for the following morning as I wasn’t sure about the timing, but in the end we decided we really wanted to do opening day.

I have to admit when I booked I didn’t really even know what it was, it was just a way to make sure we got into the land! As it was they weren’t restricting entry to the land by mid afternoon.

There was a queue of people waiting outside Oga’s but we were taken in shortly after checking in. Unfortunately they didn’t give us a menu as we went in, so had to ask the server for one then lost him for ages when we wanted to order.

We were taken to a standing table which wasn’t ideal for a 3 year old! David had a Jedi Mind Trick, I had a Blurggfire as none of the spirits in the alcoholic ones were ones I was keen on, and we got a Blue Bantha for the boys to share. David was the only one of us to vaguely like the blue milk! It had an odd taste almost like pineapple. Both the other drinks we did like though. I was a bit sad mine was just in a white paper cup when there were all these amazing looking things around, even the water came in a themed paper cup!

It was a really good experience though, great fun and according to David really felt like being in one of the movies, we were glad we had been able to do it

Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

Rock and brews looks good. We saw this in December so might add it to the list to try👍
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Read everything so far, great report!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

There's me patiently waiting for your trip report to start and I have only just noticed this and had a catch up. I will be adding Kekes to my list and may also add Rock and Brews and Millers to our off site list for next time. I've really enjoyed catching up.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jennaba
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Following along 😊
jennaba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Rock and brews looks good. We saw this in December so might add it to the list to try👍
It was one of our favourite meals, worth adding to the list

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
Read everything so far, great report!
Thank you

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
There's me patiently waiting for your trip report to start and I have only just noticed this and had a catch up. I will be adding Kekes to my list and may also add Rock and Brews and Millers to our off site list for next time. I've really enjoyed catching up.
I should probably have put a link to it in the pre trip one too! I am planning to do a proper trip report as well when I sort all the photos out.

All good choices to add to your list, Tuesdays are kids eat free at Millers

Originally Posted by jennaba View Post
Following along 😊
Thank you for reading
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Mobile Day 17 - Olive Garden - Friday 30th August

Today is a bit short and lacking in photos i’m afraid!

After a morning in MK which ended up in a downpour, we decided to go back to Olive Garden for our meal, as it is a big favourite of everyone's.

To be really boring, most of us didn’t vary from our previous meals. I had the Fettucine Alfredo again. There was no early dinner duo offer today as it was a Friday, I did ask about their lunch offer which included it but she said it was a much smaller portion. Sadly I forgot to add chicken this time.

David went for a Tour of Italy which is his favourite - lasagne, Alfredo and chicken parmigiana. Alex has spaghetti with tomato sauce, Sebastian the same but with a meatball added, and Barnaby had fettucine and meat sauce.

A better breadstick photo!

Tour of Italy

Kids spaghetti

The bill was more expensive this time at $64 due to the adult mains

After another trip to HS, our last Disney of the holiday, we called in at the Wawa garage for some doughnuts that I had spotted earlier when we got fuel. These were great value at 99c each. David had an orange creamsicle, and Alex and I both had chocolate enrobed yellow cake. I had really wanted the Boston cream but they had run out. Alex and I both thought we should have gone for the chocolate sprinkle one instead as ours were a bit too cakey
Old 22 Oct 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Love your report, thanks
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Day 18 - Saturday 31st August - Kekes, McDonald’s and Chilis

Being truly hopeless, my supposedly live report is still unfinished 4 months after we got back! So I am going to get on with the last two days so I can then do my proper trip report!

In unexciting fashion, this Saturday was almost a direct repeat of the previous one. We went again to the Clermont Parkrun then to Kekes for breakfast.

Our server today Patrick was fantastic, really warm and enthusiastic in a genuine manner, not the slightly false way some American servers come across, and he even engaged my boys who aren’t great at talking to people they don’t know.

Mainly our food choices were similar to last week, with the exception of David who had a plain pancake with bacon added. I had a choc chip pancake and also converted to a combo with sausage and egg, Alex had a choc chip waffle, and both Sebastian and Barnaby had kids pancakes, Sebastian’s with chocolate chips.

Total cost of $60.65. Again the food was really good and well worth it

We were persuaded by the boys that we should go to McDonald’s, I am not really sure why we gave into this, but for some reason we did. Sebastian thought they were doing Lion King Happy Meal toys but actually they weren’t. We went to the big one on Sand Lake Road, which was slightly anticlimactic I felt. They wanted to go in the play thing but it was difficult as under 4s weren’t meant to go. We didn’t eat but the boys all had Happy Meals, burger for Alex and nuggets for the other two. They were expensive compared to home, and surprisingly small. Alex also added a shake to his, which he said was good. Overall I am not sure we would rush back, the mini packets were cute though!

In the evening we went to Chili’s again. It was surprisingly quiet for a holiday weekend, perhaps due to many preparing for the impending hurricane. Our server was another Patrick, but excessively enthusiastic, repeatedly telling us his name and making sure to remind us we just needed to ask if there was anything at all we needed.

I had the 3 for $10 deal again, getting chips to share with added guacamole, then honey chipotle chicken crispers (my Chilis favourite!). David had a smokehouse combo with ribs and sausage, Barnaby had Mac and cheese, Alex had burger bites and Sebastian pizza (again!)

Total cost was $55.39, a bit more than our last Chilis meal as David had a more expensive main. Another good meal

Edited at 05:11 PM.
Old 1 Jan 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Day 19 - Sunday 1st September - CPK and BA WT+

Going home day!

We were flying from Tampa at 6pm, with concerns over traffic and potential fuel shortages due to hurricane Dorian we decided we were better heading to Tampa earlier and get some food there before going to the airport. After investigating what was there we had decided to go to the mall very close to the airport and eat at California Pizza Kitchen, somewhere we had been to previously elsewhere but not for a good few years.

CPK was busy but we were seated straight away albeit near the back by the toilets! I had a California Club pizza (avocado, chicken and rocket), David had a Sicilian (salami and ham), the older two boys had pepperoni pizza and Barnaby had Bolognase pasta

All very tasty, total bill $61.51

At the airport I got a couple of Milka Oreo chocolate bars to share whilst we were waiting as I fancied something sweet, hugely overpriced at around $3 each for a small bar!

We were flying back in World Traveller Plus, a new experience for us, as flights had only worked out around £40 more for us all. We had a glass of champagne on boarding (I think the kids may have been offered orange juice but can’t really remember as none of them drink it so wouldn’t have taken it!)

For the meal, we were given a menu to choose from

David had the beef, I had the chicken, and the children had chicken tenders with Mac and cheese. My general experience of flying back from the US is that the food is inedible whereas the outbound food was ok, but this was all pretty decent.

Breakfast was another story. The children got a pot of blueberry yoghurt and a pot of tropical fruit. This seemed a weird choice all round and none of them had any of it. We got an egg bruschetta which was pretty horrible, and a strange strawberry breakfast bar