Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you book it you will go. Sept 2019. Day 2 - MK & DS

The dining report for today is here.

We planned to continue taking advantage of the early rising to make use of EEMH, this time at MK. We woke about 4.45am and lay watching TV for a wee while before getting ready. We had half the donut twist each for first breakfast. Before we left I contacted the manager via some odd survey thing they do at CSR to say we still hadn’t received the gift card.

We arrived at the Casitas bus stop around 6.50am and it wasn’t long before a bus to MK arrived. Practically everyone at the bus stop was waiting for it so by the time it got to the Ranchos bus stop only a few could get on. It didn’t even stop at Cabanas and drove right past Gran Destino. We arrived at MK about 7.10am. Bag check was fine as were the tapstiles.

We started by wandering through the big shop on Main Street, not being in a particular hurry or having any plan until our Be Our Guest breakfast at 8.20am. I’d booked that prior to the announcement of EEMH.

Checking MDE we could see that Buzz Lightyear was 5 minutes so we decided to head to Tomorrowland. It was basically a walk on. As usual Marie got all the high scoring points. I did terrible getting about 30000.

After Buzz we rode the People Mover and got some pics of Tron being built.

We wandered through Fantasyland but didn’t bother with any rides and decided just to check in early for BoG at 8am.
Once we’d finished at BoG we continued through Fantasyland but again didn’t ride anything. We went to the Tangled toilets as we always do and then rode Haunted Mansion. It said 10 minutes but it was closer to 5.

We still had time before our FP for Splash Mountain so wandered round to Adventureland and rode Pirates of the Caribbean. It said 15 minutes and normally we’d have passed however it didn’t look busy so we risked it and it was essentially a walk in. We were next for a new boat so asked not to be in the front row. We’ve previously been soaked on Pirates! We were directed to the back row and didn’t get even slightly wet. I realise as a woman I shouldn’t say this but I’m not sure I like the new “Red”. I thought the auction was funny and I’d assume more historically accurate.

Now it was time for our Splash Mountain FP although we probably didn’t need it as it was quiet. Our next FP was for Big Thunder Mountain but was still 30 minutes away. It was only a 10 minutes wait so we just rode standby and changed the FP to Under the Sea.

After we’d done both these mountains Marie decided we should look for the Spring Roll cart in Adventureland to try the Cheeseburger Spring Rolls. Unfortunately although we did find it, they weren’t a snack credit so decided to leave it. We rode Aladdins Magic Carpets instead.

We headed round to Fantasyland and rode Under the Sea with our FP then from there went to Gastons for a Le Fous Brew.

We decided while there to pre order lunch at Columbia Harbour House for later. This was very easy to do and we used it a lot.

It was now time for our 7 Dwarfs Mine Train FP so we rode that. It was a bit too early for lunch and we weren’t overly bothered about arranging any other FP. I suggested we just do Mickey’s Philharmagic for a seat in the air con. I was feeling a bit seedy and I think I may have actually fell asleep! I think maybe I just needed lunch so we went there after and I did feel better once I’d eaten and had a substantial drink.

We left after lunch via the shops and waited about 10 minutes on a bus to CSR. When we got back to the resort we just chilled in the room for a wee while watching Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. We don’t normally watch this but decided it was something you didn’t need to have watched regularly. We had a room check while we were there and they asked if we needed anything. We got some pods for the coffee machine. That was the only time we were in for a room check the whole 2 weeks. We finally got the email gift card and had a message left from the management team to check we were happy.

I had arranged a pick up from Alamo via an email they’d sent the day before which I thought was really convenient. They were picking us up from Gran Destino at 3.20pm so we chilled until about 3ish and then wandered over. The Alamo van arrived as we did. The Alamo desk at the Car Care Centre wasn’t busy and we were served straight away. I prepaid for fuel about $42 and was offered a Hyundai Santa Fe or a Dodge Journey. I don’t like the look of the Dodge and had a Santa Fe a few years ago so just went for that. It was fine although it did make a funny noise at slower speeds.
We went straight from there to Walmart as we now had a bit of a list of things we wanted – crisps, water, milk, muffins etc.
We were ready for dinner but needed to stop off at the room to take our shopping back so we had a brief stop then back out to Disney Springs for dinner. We still had our WDTC giftcards to collect too. We decided on the Polite Pig but it was busy and after being directed to the bar were told their machine for processing dining plan credits was broken. We decided therefore to go elsewhere and D-Luxe Burger was close so we headed there. I really enjoyed this but as Marie had a grilled cheese she just thought it was ok.
We had a browse in some of the shops, Uniqlo (where we struggled to find the womens stuff), Lego and World of Disney. We collected our gift cards but didn’t buy anything.

We headed back to the resort and since they seemed to be having Law & Order: SVU marathon we watched more of that before going to sleep at early o’ clock.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 09:31 AM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Lots of lovely short waits at MK today. Shame the spring rolls weren't a snack credit, Tim Tracker raves about those cheeseburger spring rolls.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Lots of lovely short waits at MK today. Shame the spring rolls weren't a snack credit, Tim Tracker raves about those cheeseburger spring rolls.
It was an excellent morning. The EEMH have definitely been good for us.

The spring rolls are $7.50 so probably just edging close to that "not a snack" value.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

You did really well with the wait times at MK! Everything went so well and you managed to do so much too.

We got the spring rolls in October, they were ok but to be honest we didn't see the hype. We paid OOP for them as they weren't snack credits but it's not something we would get again I don't think. We found them really greasy ... so maybe saved yourself there xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
You did really well with the wait times at MK! Everything went so well and you managed to do so much too.

We got the spring rolls in October, they were ok but to be honest we didn't see the hype. We paid OOP for them as they weren't snack credits but it's not something we would get again I don't think. We found them really greasy ... so maybe saved yourself there xx
The trick was getting up early!

We actually did get the spring rolls later in the holiday and quite enjoyed them .

Trip Report Index
Old 13 Oct 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

The EEMH worked well for you with so many walk-ons. You managed to fit loads in at MK. Glad you enjoyed D-Luxe, we didn't rate it when we were there last year. However, we had just been ill for a few days before so maybe that coloured our view as we still weren't feeling 100% well. We are big fans of L&O: SVU, I hope you enjoyed it.

Edited at 07:25 PM.
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
The trick was getting up early!

We actually did get the spring rolls later in the holiday and quite enjoyed them .
Haha each to their own! Everyone's different. I thought the mixture inside did resemble a burger but I just found the spring roll was greasy. It might have been a bad batch, or maybe just my strange taste buds 😂 as long as you enjoyed them 👍 xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

In hindsight, I should have taken note of the manager’s email address at CSR about the issues we had there.

I agree about the new Red scene, it’s very blah now when it was funny before. I don’t see what can be offensive about, as you say, it would have been historically accurate. Everything offends someone these days.

I’ve only tried the spring rolls they serve at the dessert party and I’m with Kelly, I thought it was just greasy and I love grease haha. I think the only reason they aren’t a snack credit is that they would sell out in seconds if they were.

Were you glad to get the car? I am so glad we hired one in the end and I will never been so silly to consider going without one again. I’m just going to suck it up and pay the parking charges.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
The EEMH worked well for you with so many walk-ons. You managed to fit loads in at MK. Glad you enjoyed D-Luxe, we didn't rate it when we were there last year. However, we had just been ill for a few days before so maybe that coloured our view as we still weren't feeling 100% well. We are big fans of L&O: SVU, I hope you enjoyed it.
Currently watching SVU as we decided to download it when we came back .
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Haha each to their own! Everyone's different. I thought the mixture inside did resemble a burger but I just found the spring roll was greasy. It might have been a bad batch, or maybe just my strange taste buds 😂 as long as you enjoyed them 👍 xx
No they are greasy. We just liked that!

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
In hindsight, I should have taken note of the manager’s email address at CSR about the issues we had there.

I agree about the new Red scene, it’s very blah now when it was funny before. I don’t see what can be offensive about, as you say, it would have been historically accurate. Everything offends someone these days.

I’ve only tried the spring rolls they serve at the dessert party and I’m with Kelly, I thought it was just greasy and I love grease haha. I think the only reason they aren’t a snack credit is that they would sell out in seconds if they were.

Were you glad to get the car? I am so glad we hired one in the end and I will never been so silly to consider going without one again. I’m just going to suck it up and pay the parking charges.
I was so glad to get the car! And so disappointed that we weren’t sold on the bus transport . I don’t want to have to shell out for parking next year but I just don’t know if I can face the buses. We may do half and half.

Trip Report Index