Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 31 May 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyPrincess
Proud to wear my Ears

I am loving your trip review.
GoofyPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ScooterBunny
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I really didn't do a very good job with this trip report. I will get it finished
As you already know we returned in April 2018, so there will be another report for that.
And then I will have a new one for December 2019 (late booking, staying on site, no dining plan).
ScooterBunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ScooterBunny

Day 6- Gatorland

So today we were off to Gatorland. DS choice for trip out. We have no idea what to expect or how long we'll spend there.
But first of all breakfast at POFQ. Looks like we were either hungry that morning or weren't expecting to have much in the way of food at Gatorland.
2 QS credits used for Big Easy Breakfast (DH). Waffles with Bacon (me) and as using mugs we also picked up cereal with milk (DS) and a pack of chocolate coins to bring back with us.
Someone (DH or DS) was still hungry as another cereal with milk purchased for a snack credit.
Back to the room and then off in the car for the short trip.
We bought our tickets before we left from Orlando Attractions, Adult £16 Child £12.80.
Pulled into carpark not many cars about and parking was free.

A few people in queue to get in but didn't have to wait more than 5 mins.
First area we came to was the young gators which you could feed (about $5 for 3 pieces of fish) DS had to have a go, we needed to secure him to fence and then he could dangle his line over and wait for a gator to jump up & take the food.

Not satisfied with feeding the small gators he moved on to feeding the larger ones (another $5 for 3 pieces of fish). DH made sure he was with DS for this one as the gators were considerably larger. I think they said they were betwen 6 & 8 year old.

General areas of the park looked clean and the animals looked in good condition.
We had a look at some of the larger gators & crocs and saw some birds before going to a show, just checked the website and it's called "Alligators:Legends of the Swamp", however I don't think it was called this when we went.
They were looking for an audience member to pick which gator they would get out and do a talk about. DS hand shoots up before they could finish asking the question. Much to our surprise they pick him & asks which gator they should get out. I was expecting him to have to go to the edge of the arena & point at one, nope, I was wrong, he taken into the arena & had a chance to look at them all in the water. He was sent out of the arena before they got it out.

Talk done & at the end you can go in & meet the gator ($10 to go & they take a photograph, which you can purchase later at an additional cost).
We then grabbed something to eat, DH had a hot dog, no idea what DS & myself had, don't think we were too impressed with the food choices.
We then watched the Jumper roo show.
We then went for a walk out on the boardwalk, which was really nice, loads of nesting birds and more gators.

After finishing the boardwalk DH spotted the Railroad, went over for a look but it wasn't accessible enough for him to get on. He told me to take DS on it, I refused to pay anything extra, had an arguement with DH and stomped off.
Time for a sit down (seperately & not speaking to each other) & drink whilst DS went into the splash park.
It was at this point I realised we didn't have a spare set of clothes or towel for DS. I had to speak to DH whether I liked it or not, the spare clothes bag wasn't in the scooter (ECV) baske, he thought it was in the car.
I went back to the car, no bag there. By the time I get back DS is soaked, as there is only a handful of children in there I tell to take off his t-shirt and shorts and let him stay in there in just his underwear (trunk style pants), to be honest I don't think he was the only one in there with only underwear on.
By the time he's had enough his t-shirt and shorts are dry enough to put on (minus his underwear) and we head off to the Close Encounters Show. At the end of the show there is a chance to meet a snake and have a photo taken with it for $10, before I have a chance to say anything DH opens his wallet and gives him the money. I wasn't impressed and I suggest it's most probably best if we call iit a day.
DS really enjoyed himself and I enjoyed seeing the wildlife walk, DH said everything was ok!
On the way back to POFQ DH wanted a drink so he stopped at a Mcdonald's & ordered a Dr Pepper for himself and a snack M & M McFlurry for DS, paid $3.40.
We then stopped at Walmart for a couple of items, can make out what they are on receipt but know one item was pineapple juice for DS, paid $6.67 in total.
Back to POFQ, dropped things in room and then went to the food court, DH had a CYO Prime Rib and a Gelatto, DS and myself shared a CYO Pasta and a fruit cup. 2 QS credits used.

Edited at 04:17 PM.
ScooterBunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ScooterBunny

Report for day 6 now added.
Old 13 Oct 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ScooterBunny

Day 7 - Animal Kingdom

Unfortunately I can't find the details of which fast passes we had booked for the rest of the trip, so will try my best to figure out what we did.
Breakfast at POFQ.
Bus to Animal Kingdom.
First fast pass of the day was for the Kilimanjaro Safari.
DH was able to park up this mobility scooter and I helped him the short distance up the ramp onto the vehicle, he sat just behind the driver. DS and myself sat behind him. He said the ride was comfortable, slighty awkward to get out of as space was tight, I helped him down the ramp and one CM was waiting with his scooter at the end of the ramp.
DS really enjoyed it.

Edited at 12:37 PM.
Old 31 Oct 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ScooterBunny

Day 8 - Disney Springs

We took the boat from POFQ to Disney Springs.
Meal at T-Rex, which DS was so looking forward to.
Old 31 Oct 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ScooterBunny

Day 9 - Epcot

Managed to get some photopass photos of all us on our way in.
Old 31 Oct 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ScooterBunny

Day 10 - Magic Kingdom

Lunch at BOG
Old 31 Oct 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ScooterBunny

Day 11 - Hollywood Studios

Jedi Training
Old 31 Oct 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ScooterBunny

Day 12 - Magic Kingdom

Stayed to watch the fireworks