Notices

Old 25 Oct 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

I was about to say your last day is our 1st day but maybe not then!

Look forward to reading all about it.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Congratulations to you and Dave on your baby news!

How funny that your family had all those girls and now three boys in a row.
Aww thank you! 😊

Yes I know we all think it's funny too, nice that all the boys are together though!

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Glad to see you've started this Lisa.
Looking forward to reading/following along.

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Excited to see that you've started your report Lisa.

The girls have grown up so much!

Looking forward to following along with your plans xx
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 18, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looking forward to reading version 2!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by DisneyKim416 View Post
Loved reading your previous reports, excited to read along with this one!
Thank you!

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I'm intrigued to see what the changes are, I'm glad you were at peace with Port Orleans Riverside, it is a lovely resort. I'm not sure how you'll feel the room will compare to a villa (you are right, anyone who stays in a 2-bed is spoiled afterwards) but I'm sure you'll be thrilled with the resort as a whole.

I've just realised that our trips next year will overlap
We are really happy with our Port Orleans decision and looking forward to staying there. The one room is bothering me a bit but I'm sure we will manage somehow!

How cool that we are there at the same time.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults

Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by magickate View Post
I was about to say your last day is our 1st day but maybe not then!

Look forward to reading all about it.
No, it won't be now! Version 2 on its way now.

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Glad to see you've started this Lisa.
Looking forward to reading/following along.

M x
Thanks M x

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Excited to see that you've started your report Lisa.

The girls have grown up so much!

Looking forward to following along with your plans xx
Thanks Julia. I know, they grow up so fast xx

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Looking forward to reading version 2!
Thanks, it's coming up now.

Old 12 Nov 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

**Sorry for the delay in getting this update up.**

Our Plans, Version Two

So, we had POR booked for two weeks but now wanted to change to go a week earlier but despite constantly checking, POR and POFQ were not available at all for the two weeks. Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach were available but they were more expensive than what we had paid and we didn't want to stay at either of those resorts. We had only heard good things about the Port Orleans resorts and liked the fact that it is only a boat ride away from Disney Springs.

I had a look to see if the week we needed was available and it was, but in a higher category of room. I knew we could change but it would mean two separate bookings and only free dining for one week. I kept checking and then 11 nights were available, but still not the full two weeks. About a week later, this was no longer available and was around the time on the dibb people were suggesting booking for just one person (paying a lower deposit) if they were unsure on their dates. I was gutted that I hadn't thought of this before and told myself that if the 11 nights came back, I would just make another booking!

Well, at the end of September, Danielle sent me a message saying that 10 nights at POFQ had become available - she didn't think we would go for this as we had originally chosen POR over here. I had a look online that night and it was still available. This time I didn't hesitate, I booked the 10 nights at POFQ in a garden view room! I didn't even consider if it was an option to just move our booking, I just wanted to have it booked and was willing to lose the £100 deposit from one of the bookings. We now had October 3 to October 13 booked, still with the QSDP and I didn't realise until I received my confirmation email, a $200 gift card that ATD were offering that weekend.

Pics from google

Here is the breakdown of this booking:

Total booking cost: £3714.00
Deposit paid: -£100.00
Balance outstanding: £3614.00

I have then split this further to show the separate accommodation and ticket costs.

Accommodation value: £2130.00
Deposit paid: -£100.00
Balance outstanding: £2030.00

Adult ticket value: £1203.00 (£401 each)
Child ticket value: £381.00 (£381 each)
Total ticket value: £1584.00

The ticket prices were £3 more each than when we originally booked but I think the unexpected bonus of the $200 gift card more than makes up for this.

I now needed another 4 nights as one of the days we didn't now have booked was the Wedding day! I had a look on the Disney website and could get All Star Sports for the 4 nights for £436 so I booked this for one person, paying a £50 deposit. This was the cheapest option and we weren't convinced we wanted to stay here but wanted to have something booked for the last 4 nights.

Pics from google.

I rang Danielle straight after and she couldn't believe that I now had three different hotel bookings! She really didn't think when she sent the message that I would book it. She did ask why I had booked the All Stars and not rented DVC points instead…..I was honest and admitted I hadn't even thought of it!

But that got me thinking. I knew that booking through the dibb or David's DVC rentals that it wouldn’t actually be much more than what I was paying for the All Stars, but for a much better resort.

So yes, this does mean another change and an 'our plans version three' is required! That's coming up soon. SMILE

Old 12 Nov 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I was wondering why you hadn't thought of DVC too, it's funny the things we do in a panic when we're desperate to just get things booked up. So excited to hear what the next twist in the tale is.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List