Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Jun 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
sounds fab, looking forward to this x
Thanks very much
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Some amazing food ideas, thanks for sharing. We do not have the Dining plan this year but I think some of the on-site choice looks great. I need to start a proper plan ( I told DH I wouldn’t 😀 ) but I need some kind of idea of what we are doing, especially when he is always asking “what’s for ... ?”🤣
boo2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
Some amazing food ideas, thanks for sharing. We do not have the Dining plan this year but I think some of the on-site choice looks great. I need to start a proper plan ( I told DH I wouldn’t 😀 ) but I need some kind of idea of what we are doing, especially when he is always asking “what’s for ... ?”🤣
Thanks for reading so far!

Yes I definitely think some sort of plan is needed... but hope our plans can be flexible enough to change if we need or want them to.

We’ll be a few days into our holiday before yours so hopefully you’ll be reading along 😀
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Thanks for reading so far!

Yes I definitely think some sort of plan is needed... but hope our plans can be flexible enough to change if we need or want them to.

We’ll be a few days into our holiday before yours so hopefully you’ll be reading along 😀
Yes, I’m definitely going to be reading along. I always seem to stick to the same places and really want to try some different options this year.
Old 14 Jul 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Hi everyone,

It’s been a while since I’ve updated, and today we have been able to choose our fastpasses so it means our plans are confirmed now (we made some tweaks due to Blizzard Beach closing the availability of FOP fastpasses)... they are -

Travel day - booked in a cheeky Navi River for the evening so if we’re not too tired we may hop over to Animal Kingdom before Disney Springs
Day 1 - Magic Kingdom / free time / outlets
Day 2 - Typhoon Lagoon / Typhoon Lagoon / Magic Kingdom
Day 3 - Celebration / free time / Animal Kingdom
Day 4 - EPCOT / pool / EPCOT
Day 5 - Magic Kingdom / shopping / Mannys Chophouse
Day 6 - Hollywood Studios/ Disney Springs / Disney Springs
Day 7 - Shopping / Shopping / EPCOT
Day 8 - Animal Kingdom / Animal Kingdom / Longhorns Steakhouse
Day 9 - Typhoon Lagoon / free time / Magic Kingdom

Our plans changing means we can now experience the farmers market at Celebration and after reading Scottish Nellies report the past 21 days we may be able to sneak in Teak on day 1 evening too...

That’s all for now, I’m off to update my spreadsheets!
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Evening all,

I thought I would do a little update this evening. I have downloaded the Food & Wine app on my phone and have been pouring over the offerings for a while now.

The app is great as it lets you press 'wish for' then it puts a little star next to the item as a reminder of what you would like to try.

It also tells you if it's a most wished for item, vegetarian, kid approved and gluten free.

It's a great app and I'd definitely recommend it!

Thanks to Disney Food Blog and Easy WDW for the photos I'm about to use.

So what's on my list...

Starting in Africa it's a new item for 2019 a KENYAN COFFEE BERBECUE BEEF TENDERLOIN with sweet potato and corn mealie pap and kachumbari slaw

There's three items on my list in Belgium, so hopefully we can use a quick service credit here... BEER BRAISED BEEF served with smoked Gouda mashed potato

Also, GOLDEN MALTED BELGIAN WAFFLE with wam chocolate ganache and whipped cream and GOLDEN MALTED BELGIAN WAFFLE with berry compote and whipped cream.

DH will probably enjoy the chocolate version and me the berry one best.

Next on the list is Canada, and one thing I know is really popular but we didn't try last time I said CANADIAN CHEDDAR CHEESE AND BACON SOUP served with pretzel roll

I absolutely love pretzel rolls.

We'll probably use a quick service credit in Canada as a stand out item from last time which we loved was the LE CELLIER WILD MUSHROOM BEEF FILET MIGNON with truffle butter sauce

Yummy, can't wait for this. I remember this was a recommendation from Miss Fotune and we really enjoyed it

Next up from the Cheese Studio I have on my list BRAISED BEEF STROGANOFF with tiny egg noodles, wild mushrooms and Boursin garlic and fine herbs cheese sauce

Mmmm this one looks great!

Onto China and CHICKEN DUMPLINGS with Chinese slaw are on my wish list

Also on my list from Hawaii' is KALUA PORK SLIDER with sweet and sour dole pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise

A must have on my list to try from India is the WARM INDIAN BREAD with pickled garlic, mango salsa and coriander pesto dips

We love Indian food and I especially love coriander, I know it's quite like marmite but I have it almost every day in my salads I take to work.

One thing I've seen on a few vlogs is the WARM CHOCOLATE PUDDING with Irish cream liquor custard from Ireland

This is my only sweet item on the list at the moment, although I do have the ice cream parlour in France and the caramel store in Germy in my sights too!

Another popular item is the TERIYAKI CHICKEN BUN steamed bun filled with chicken, vegetables and a sweet teriyaki sauce... mmm. This one is from Japan.

Last, but not least in my wish list is a new item (I think) from Mexico - TACO DE PUERCO shredded pork belly on a corn tortilla with salsa verde.

I'm hoping that we have enough credits to do the Food and Wine Fesitval justice, we enjoyed it last time and I can't wait to be back.

Definitely check out the Food and Wine app if you are visiting this year... the background of the square is like Spaceship Earth with what looks like a white piece of cheese and wine glass and a red & on the logo.

Thanks for reading

Only 53 days to go!

Edited at 07:43 PM.
Old 6 Aug 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Quick update from me as we approach almost 5 weeks to the day we travel.

As I’ve already mentioned on here, I’ve been doing weight watchers for a few months now and I’m currently 17 weeks in and am 1lbs off 3 stone loss.

Whilst I love the flexibility of the weight watchers plan, it doesn’t mean I haven’t been dreaming about ALLLL the snacks both to eat on the plane and whilst in WDW.

So much so, I’ve got myself a little haul of treats to eat at the Raddison pre our flight and on the flight itself. These are for both myself and DH, and whilst I know it’s excessive please remember I’ve been trying to be good for 17 weeks 🤣

Anything else that you would recommend?

I’ve also printed off the 101+ food and drinks tha you must try in Disney World list off that seems to be doing it’s rounds on here at the moment to take with us. I think I might highlight the absolute must dos or even create a colour coded highlighter system for it... can you tell there’s not much left to plan!

I’ve enjoyed reading some of the latest reports so thanks everyone for sharing your food with us all!

Until next time
Old 9 Aug 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Well I didn’t think I’d be updating so soon, but then Disney announced the opening of Oga’s Cantina!

I was a little late to the party not realising they had been released until I saw in our September group that our fellow travellers had booked them. I couldn’t get a reservation for our half day in Hollywood Studios until the day after they had been released.. then this beauty popped up -

This is perfect timing for us as it means we haven’t got to be up at the crack of dawn, and it fits in nicely with our fastpasses.

I guess the downside is that it’s too early for alcohol (for us), but I have got my eye on a couple of items already..

Firstly the Mustafarian Lava Roll, which kind of looks like a version of a pain au chocolat perhaps?

And then next up, the Black Spire Brew, which sounds quite refreshing!

Whilst I know that these items aren’t included on our dining plan, I’m hoping this reservation will mean my hubby can have at least an hour or so looking around Galaxy’s Edge.. that should be enough for us.

The only other update is that I lost another 1lbs this week so I’ve hit 3 stone loss now

Until next time
Old 31 Aug 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Hi all,

A little update from me as we are now down to just 10 days before our trip starts.

We are waiting news on Dorian anxiously and hope everyone out there stays safe... fingers crossed it will not affect our plans and there are no further hurricanes brewing!

It’s week 21 of being on weight watchers and I have now hit 3 stone 5lbs weight loss, or 47lbs. I would really like to lose 3lbs this week to make it 50lbs and over 3 1/2 stone but not sure how realistic that will be.

We have family visiting next week for early birthday celebrations and have a meal booked at a smokehouse and I also have my eye on this cake from M&S...

Anyway, holiday wise the last update really is that we changed our mind of hiring a car and now have an intermediate SUV for the duration of our trip. We have hired a sat nav through eBay much cheaper at £19 rather than £113 from Alamo. We will still use uber when we both want to have a drink off site and will use the Disney buses too but the price of uber and transfers to the ship was creeping up and this gives us more flexibility.

Fingers crossed for no more storms and the next time you hear from me will be pre-travel day!
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Signing up to follow along!

We are just back and did food and wine on opening day - the photos are in my report on this thread. We used 14 snack credits whilst we were there and I loaded $50 drinking fund onto a gift card. I used that up and had to add a little bit more. I highly recommend India and Thailand. I also loved the Smoky Margarita in Mexico. I can’t wait to see what you try. The cruise sounds lovely - I would love to incorporate a cruise into our trip. I have done a RC around Europe when I was pregnant with Eva with husband number 2 (now ex husband &#128514 and also one around Morocco and the Med when I was recovering from cancer which was a freebie from a cancer charity for young women with kids. I really enjoyed cruising but I don’t think my daughter would go for it until she’s a bit older. I am looking forward to seeing your photos from the different ports and the food on board the ship.

We stayed at French Quarter too this year. It’s a great resort. I love that it’s so compact so less walking after the gruelling park days. I really liked the beignets there and I discovered the voodoo chicken sandwich on checkout day which was delicious - wish I’d found it sooner as I would have had that a few times. I found the buses to be easier and less busy than at other resorts.

Can’t wait to follow along with you 😊

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List